Brilliant

The following days had been a mix of emotions for Olivia. Cedric had been swept off to a wand-weighing, then photos, then with different groups of friends that Olivia hadn't seen very much of him. He had girls fawning all over him, even asking for his autographs, and it made her mad. Not in a jealous sense, but in a they-should-have-already-known-he-was-the-greatest sense. She would have hung out with Hermione and her group, however there had apparently been a row between Harry and Ron and she honestly didn't want to deal with that. And there was no way she could hang around Fred either, the tension was too much for her. So she found herself sitting with Luna Lovegood more often than not as all Cho and Marietta wanted to do was follow Cedric and Viktor Krum around.
"It's hard, isn't it?" Luna asked dreamily, Olivia wondered how her voice could always stay breathless like that.
"I'm sorry Luna, what's hard?" She cleared her throat and leaned in to the girl.
"Loving two people at once." She looked far-off, like she hadn't really even been paying attention to what she was saying,
"I-I'm sorry? What makes you say that? I don't love two people." Luna furrowed her brow and held her doe-y gaze.
"I'm sorry Olivia, I was under the assumption that you loved Cedric and that Weasley twin. I can never remember their names, Ferdinand and Gorgias?" She faced Olivia now, looking her right in her eyes. Olivia shrunk under her gaze,
"I most certainly love Cedric, but not- it's Fred and George by the way- but not Fred." She looked to her arm. She didn't know exactly how she felt about Fred, but she reckoned she would be dead before she could even find out if she loved him. She avoided Luna's curious gaze, when she looked up again she was taken aback that Luna had left and was nowhere to be seen.
"Peculiar girl..." she whispered to herself. She got up and started to walk towards her next class, it was arithmancy and she took a seat next to Cho.
"Have you seen Ced anywhere?" She whispered, Cho looked up and nodded,
"He was in the Great Hall last time I saw." Olivia smiled at her friend and began to try and figure out the meaning of the symbols before her. Usually it was her favourite class, but she had been distracted and fallen behind in the past couple of days. She re-dipped her quill before moving on to the next question, something on Marietta's robes catching her eye.
"Oi! Marietta, what's that?" She asked, pointing to what looked like a badge. Perhaps she was actually wearing the S.P.E.W. Badge that she'd bought for her.
"Oh! Do you like it?" Marietta beamed, Cho looked up from her parchment, rolling her eyes at her friends. "Look what it says!" She passed it over to Olivia. Olivia grabbed it from her hand and felt her blood boil.
Support Cedric Diggory - the real Hogwarts Champion, it read, but that's not what bothered her. It switched to read Potter Stinks. Cho's mouth hung open and Olivia sat up from the desk, the feet of her chair screeching against the floor.
"Excuse me, Miss Wood. Class is not yet over." Professor Vector called out,
"Sorry Professor, but I've got something I need to take care of." Olivia growled, clutching the pin in her hand and shoving her things into her book bag.
"Miss Wood, leaving now will result in detention." Professor Vector stated plainly, expressionless. Olivia looked up to see Professor Vector narrowing her eyes, and Cho and Marietta looking horrified. She threw her hands up in the air, shrugged, and sauntered out of the room. She rounded the corner and heard shouting, she quickened her pace until a familiar bushy haired girl rushed into her.
"Oh, sorry- bloody hell, Hermione! What's happened to you?" Olivia cried, holding her by her shoulders. Hermione's teeth were growing at quite an alarming rate, nearly passing the collar of her blouse. Hermione looked at Olivia like she was about to cry, and Olivia forgot about her mission and the badge that was clutched in her hand, "let's get you the Madame Pomfrey, yeah?"
Hermione nodded tearfully and they quickly jogged to the infirmary.
—————
Fred and George watched as Olivia stormed right up to Cedric at dinner and slammed her hand down on the table, they looked at each other intrigued, and kept their eyes on the girl. They were not the only ones, most of the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff table occupants had turned to see what had caused the commotion.
"What the bloody hell is this Cedric!?" She shrieked, angry, "it's heinous!"
They couldn't quite hear what he said back, but it seemed to calm her down. Her arms were still crossed and her eyes looked like they could shoot daggers. Fred saw Cedric shrug and lean his head towards the Slytherin table, Olivia's head swivelled in that direction. She strode over and pulled Draco Malfoy out of his seat.
"What do you reckon she's talking to him abo-" but before George could finish his sentence, a loud crack! Rang through the hall as Olivia's fist hit Draco's nose. The next thing they saw were all the Slytherin circling her until they couldn't see her at all anymore. Fred was the first one out of his seat, Cedric close behind. By the time they got there she was on top of Draco, hitting him repeatedly as he wailed on the floor. It took both Fred and Cedric to pull her off, she dropped the badge in her hand as they did, and Fred smirked when he realized what her whole performance had been about.
"You reckon you could've taken a calmer route with the whole 'Potter Stinks' thing?" Fred laughed once they'd gotten a few feet away.
"No, I reckon I couldn't have!" She sneered, looking up. She shook both boys off of her and crossed her arms in front of her again.
"WOODS. Detention." Professor Snape said sharply, "two in one day Miss Wood. You're setting a new record for yourself." He skulked off and Olivia huffed. She was quite a sight to behold, nose bleeding, bruise below her eye, clothing untucked, hair in disarray, and no remorse in her ice blue eyes.
"What did he mean two detentions?" Cedric asked sternly, looking her over and glancing sideways at Fred who was standing beside him.
"He means I got two detentions Cedric. I think that's quite obvious." Her tone made Fred snicker, but he stopped when Cedric glared at him.
"Here love," Fred said, passing her a cloth napkin from the nearest table, for her nose.
"Thanks." She said taking it. She and Cedric seemed to be in a glaring contest, neither relenting from their deep scowls. Fred cleared his throat,
"Erm, I don't reckon you know who hit you and caused all of this," he motioned to her face, "damage?"
"It was that pug faced dimbo." Olivia looked away from Cedric and sighed, motioning towards Pansy Parkinson who was crying and just as- if not more- bloodied up than Olivia.
"Oi Liv! That was brilliant! I think you're the love of my life!" George bounded into their group, picking her up and swinging her around before setting her down again and noticing the scowls on both her and Cedric's faces. He held his hands up in the arm innocently, "Ced really, it was only a joke!"
But Cedric, nor Olivia laughed. Fred gave his twin a not-right-now face and George mouthed, O-Kay.
"Right, well, we best be headed off." Fred said lightly, putting his arm on George's shoulder and starting to turn,
"Right, I reckon we should." Olivia hissed, grabbing Fred's arm and allowing herself to be pulled along. Fred and George looked at each other and shrugged slightly, leading the girl away from the hall and the boy who stared after her. They decided to take her to their dormitory, as she could avoid the most people that way. She sat down on Fred's bed and both Weasley's looked at her in silence.
"Fine!" She stood up, pacing around the room, "what do you want to know?"
"Well, first off love, why and-"
"-what could possibly have made you so angry, I-"
"-mean, two detentions in one day?"
"How un-Ravenclaw of you." Fred finished, both twins eyeing her up. She sighed and threw herself back on the bed.
"I saw the badge during arithmancy, left early- detention one. Draco had attacked Harry and it hit Hermione, and I reckon he's the one that made those bloody badges in the first place- detention two." She held up two fingers glumly and both twins stared incredulously at the girl.
"That's bloody-"
"Brilliant!" George said, smiling. Olivia let a smile reach her mouth and closed her eyes. She was so tired.
"When's your detention?" George asked, but frowned when she hadn't responded. He looked up and saw Fred covering his mouth with one finger.
"She's fallen asleep." He mumbled as quietly as possible.
"Should we take her to her own tower?" George wondered aloud, Fred shook his head,
"Just let her sleep."
"And where will you sleep? On the common room couches like Roger Davies?" George raised his eyebrows,
"Nah, we can't all be gentlemen like Roger Davies." Fred smirked.
—————
Olivia woke up in a strange bed, all by herself. The sheets were crimson, the sunlight coming through the windows casting the room in a beautiful orange glow. She sat up gingerly and stretched her arms over her head, she must have fallen asleep in the Gryffindor tower. She glanced at the bed across from her- Fred and George were cramped in one bed, looking peaceful as ever. She giggled to herself quietly wondering how that must have gone for them. She took off her shoes and tip-toed around the dorm, not wanting the heel of her oxfords to wake the sleeping boys. Lee Jordan was sound asleep, as were the twins, and another boy whom she'd never met nor spoken with. Before leaving she tip-toed to who she thought might be Fred— it was difficult to tell when both boys had their faces pressed against pillows and their eyes sealed shut— leaned down and gave him a quick, but lingering kiss on the head. She silently let herself out of their room and made her way to the Ravenclaw tower, ignoring the slight pain of her arm.
George woke when he felt a kiss on his head, he watched as the Ravenclaw girl crept quietly out of their room and down the stairs. She's really got it bad for Fred, he thought before rolling off his bed and collapsing on Fred's now-empty one. Now all we have to do is figure out what's going on with Diggory, he yawned before he fell back asleep.