Quidditch World Cup

She leaned on Cedric the entire walk to the portkey,
"Merlin, why does the world exist at such an early time..." she groaned, Cedric looked at her sleepily then trudged on.
"Dad, what exactly are we l-l-looking for?" Cedric asked, stifling a yawn, both of them looked up at his father.
"It'll be a small object, one that a muggle wouldn't bother with." Amos stated, and the three of them set off looking. Olivia and Cedric searched together and came across a boot that looked like it belonged in a rubbish bin.
"I think- I think we've got it Mr. Diggory!" Olivia called, looking at Cedric who, like her, seemed repulsed by the idea of touching it. Amos ran over and they heard a commotion a little further down the hill.
"That must be the Weasley's!" Amos shouted, and Olivia felt her heart wretch as her stomach twisted itself up in knots.
"Weasley's!?" She gasped, Cedric pulled her closer towards him and she let herself be towed along behind him.
"Over here, Arthur! Over here, son, we've got it!" Amos called, Olivia and Cedric trudging behind him.
"Amos!" Said Mr. Weasley smiling, as he strode over to three of them. Mr. Weasley, all the Weasley's in fact, had on the strangest attire. Olivia peaked over Cedric to see the patriarch of the Weasley clan wearing what appeared to be a golf jumper and a very old pair of jeans cinched closed with a thick black belt. Amos had grabbed the rubbish boot and showed the Weasley's what they'd found.
"This is Amos Diggory, everyone," Mr. Weasley started, "works for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. And I think you know his son, Cedric?"
"Hi," said Cedric, looking around at them all. They said hi back, all except for Fred and George, her merely nodded.
"And don't forget Olivia!" Amos boomed, while Olivia flinched and walked out from behind Cedric with her head hung low. When she looked up she tried to look around at all of them, and was even able to shoot a friendly smile and wave at Hermione, but stopped short when she saw Fred. Her hand started to burn slightly and she scolded herself for letting her feelings get worse than they were. They locked eyes and Fred noticed that she had grown a few inches, and her brown hair had grown longer- passing her elbows now. She had only gotten more beautiful, and he couldn't take his eyes off of her. Mr. Diggory's voice brought them both back into the present, Olivia clearing her throat and looking at the man.
"All these yours, Arthur?" Amos inquired.
"Oh, no, only the redheads," said Mr. Weasley, pointing out his children. "This is Hermione, friend of Ron's - and Harry, another friend-"
"Merlin's beard," said Amos, his eyes widening, "Harry? Harry Potter?"
"Er- yeah," said a very embarrassed looking Harry.
"Ced's talked about you, of course," said Amos, "told us all about playing against you last year... I said to him, I said- Ced that'll be something to tell yours and Olivia's grandchildren, that will... you beat Harry Potter!"
Olivia's eyes widened in horror and Cedric looked terribly embarrassed, she looked up and saw Fred and George scowling.
"Harry fell of his broom, Dad," Cedric muttered. "I told you... it was an accident..."
"Yes, but you didn't fall off, did you?" Roared Amos genially, slapping Cedric on the back. "Always modest, our Ced, always the gentleman... but the best man one, I'm sure Harry's say the s-"
"He was attacked by a bloody dementor Mr. Diggory!" Olivia snapped exasperated, cutting the man off and looking at Arthur, hoping for an interjection. They all stared at her.
"Must be nearly the time," said Mr. Weasley quickly, pulling out his watch again he looked up at the group, "You just need to touch the portkey, that's all, a finger will do."
It was quite the sight, all of the wizards and witches crowding together and touching a manky old boot. With difficulty, due to their backpacks they formed a tight circle. Olivia standing between Cedric and Hermione.
"Three..." muttered Mr. Weasley, one eye still on his watch, "two... one..."
Olivia felt her feet leave the floor and felt as if she was in the middle of a tornado, suddenly feeling her feet slam onto the ground and a firm hand stabilize her. She smiled at Cedric, who had made sure she hadn't fallen, and looked around at the rest of their group. All except for Amos, Mr. Weasley, Cedric, and herself had ended up on the ground. Olivia looked at the two very tired and grumpy looking wizards in front of them. They were also dressed in muggle attire, albeit inexpertly. One wore a kilt and poncho, while the other had on a tweed jacket with thigh high galoshes. She looked at Cedric who was trying not to laugh. Although both she and Cedric were purebloods, they had spent enough time near the muggle world- not to mention in Muggle studies, to know what they wore. They chuckled to themselves while the adults spoke, and set out on a twenty minute walk to the campsite.
"Ced, would you mind if I jumped onto your back?" Olivia asked timidly. He looked towards her and raised his eyebrow until he saw Fred Weasley trying to make his way over and the urgency in her eyes. He nodded and she jumped up on his back,
"Maybe this will deter him from trying to speak to me. I thought perhaps he'd take a hint..." she whispered into Cedric's ear. Cedric thought about it, Fred had sent her owl after owl over summer but she had never responded.
"I reckon he thinks the owls never arrived?" Cedric thought aloud, looking back and seeing Fred walking right next to George, no longer looking to speak to Olivia. "Maybe you ought to try being just friends?"
Olivia buried her face into Cedric's neck and sighed, "That's just it Ced, I don't know if I can."
Cedric walked with Olivia on his back, neither speaking until they reached the cottage. He gently let her down and she stood behind him again, shielding herself from all of the Weasley's. Amos and Arthur shook hands and said their goodbyes. They turned to walk away and she felt a hand wrap around her wrist, she turned quickly as saw Fred holding her arm.
"I wrote to you over summer, did you get any of my owls?" He asked looking at her. She shook her head slightly and tore her hand away, whirling around and running to catch up to Cedric and Amos. Liar. Liar, liar, liar. She scolded herself.
"What was that about?" Cedric asked her, trying to keep his face straight, but a smirk was forming.
"He asked if I had received his owls." She said plainly, looking down.
"What did you say?"
"I lied."
—————
Cedric and Amos had been excitedly waiting for the game to start, and Olivia laughed at their sporadic outbursts. They sat near top of the stadium, so Olivia had to endure many, many flights of stairs. She groaned as she sat down and was thankful that she would be able to just sit and watch for the next while. It was a mess however, when the Bulgarian mascots, the Veela, danced. All the men seemed entranced by them, and there was nearly a riot when they left. Olivia laughed hysterically when Cedric tried to yank his hand from hers, and impatiently waited for him to go back to normal so she could tease him about it. But when he came back to his senses he grimaced and looked at his arm, slight red burns riddled it- identical to the burns that riddled hers. They looked at each other grimly and he pulled his sleeve over his arm. They watched the game, and enjoyed it, but perhaps not as much as they should have.
The walk back to their tent had been hectic, the Irish and their supporters had gone wild and Olivia and Cedric had been handed many different drinks by different people as they walked. Firewhisky, elderflower wine, butterbeer, knotgrass mead, red currant rum... Olivia hadn't ever seen this much alcohol, much less been given it. By the time they had gotten back to their tent Amos had been so happy he poured them a glass each of butterbeer. They drank and talked about all that had happened in the match, Viktor Krum was an extraordinary seeker and his wronski feint was all Cedric could talk about. It was past midnight but the time they went to bed, fireworks still going off. Olivia couldn't sleep, so she sat in the living area of the tent and stared up at the ceiling. Why had she lied to Fred? Why hadn't she written, or even opened his owls? She sat in turmoil and looked forward to see Cedric in his night shirt and sleeping pants, bottle of firewhisky in his right hand.
"Thought this might help you relax." He sat down and poured a glass for her, she took it and gulped it down at once, flinching slightly at the burning of her throat, she looked at Cedric to see that he has done the same. They had a few more glasses each, and she had started to feel so relaxed and happy, she looked at Cedric, so handsome, she thought as she leaned towards him.
"Why can't we just love each other like that?" She asked him,
"I dunno. Did we ever?"
"I reckon we used to Ced... but maybe it was always like this..." she paused and looked at him, "but we snogged a lot."
They both laughed at that and held their hands together.
"Well, we have to get married anyways." She sighed, he looked at her sadly, guilt overwhelming him.
"Let's find a way out of this. There has to be some spell, some magic. I can't live with myself having you tethered to me and not wanting to be." She stared up at him and shook her head no.
"Ced, if I'm tethered to you for the rest of my life, it would be the happiest life. You're my best friend, you're my soulmate. I want to be with you, always. Maybe we don't get to have a great, true love. But we have each other." She said forcefully, standing herself up and wobbling slightly. He stood up to meet her.
"But if there's a way?" He asked,
"Then we find it. But don't you ever think you're a second place prize that I'm settling for Cedric Diggory. You'll always be first."
She wrapped her arms around him and he did the same, they stood there for a moment breaking apart when they heard a commotion again and Amos burst into the room.
"We need to go!" He shouted,
"But why? We haven-" Olivia started,
"We must leave- NOW!" He boomed, and Cedric and Olivia followed him, "we need to get back to the portkey!"
When they left the tent it was chaos, there were people screaming and running, fires had started. Olivia searched for Cedric's hand, almost reaching it before she was knocked onto the ground.
"CEDRIC!" She screamed, standing herself up shakily. She ran towards where she had last seen him go, and found herself being pushed by a crowd the other way. The whiskey had not helped her senses, and she couldn't seem to see things quite clearly nor react as quickly as she otherwise would have been able to. She broke apart from them and stood, breathless at the havoc that was before her, she felt an arm grab her and she jerked in that direction.
"Olivia, we have to go, now!" Fred shouted to her, and she let him pull her along. They ran into a forest and he searched around frantically. She watched him,
"What are you looking for?"
He stopped and looked at her, "George and Ginny. I was with them, but I saw you just standing there- why were you just standing there?"
"I-I lost Cedric, and I was s-scared..." she trailed off as the shock wore off and looked at the beautiful boy in front of her. Fred moved towards her and she moved away from him.
"Bloody hell Wood, I'm not going to hurt you! Why have you been avoiding me all summer?" He threw his hands up in the air and started to turn away. He paced for a while and walked towards her again, she looked at her feet, it was so dark she could barely see them.
"I... I don't know. I-you, I'm just confused." She stammered, he looked at her,
"Confused about what?" He moved closer to her and she looked up to meet his eyes, glowing in the darkness, he sighed, anger dissipating, "you gave me quite a scare love, but I'm glad you're alrig-"
He was cut short by her lips, crashing into his. She had grabbed the front of his jumper and pulled it close to her, bunching it in her palms. His hands were suddenly in her hair, tangling in it and pulling her closer. She couldn't get close enough, she felt like she needed him in order to breath. The whisky had numbed the burning of her arm, she only felt pure electricity run through her body, between her and Fred. She rose to the tips of her toes, losing balance, but he held her up, tasting the firewhiskey on her lips. Perhaps it was because he had said that before, or perhaps she had had too much to drink. You gave me quite a scare love, he'd said when she was in the infirmary all those months before, but I'm glad you're alright. She sighed into his mouth and felt his teeth nibble her bottom lip lightly while his hands moved down to her waist. Her jumper had ridden up slightly and she felt his hands on the skin of her abdomen. In that moment she couldn't feel her arm, she didn't remember Cedric, and her impulses had taken over her better judgement. All she needed was him, but a sudden green light pulled them out of their trance and they both looked up, it was a skull with a snake curling through it.
"W-what is that?" Olivia asked breathlessly, she looked down at Fred and realizing what she had done, pushed him away, "oh Merlin, oh no." He looked at her dumbfounded, about to speak before he heard his brother calling out to him.
"There you are! Ginny and I were looking for you and- Olivia?" He paused looking at the girl, she looked upset, more upset than he'd ever seen her. He turned to his brother, who looked equally as displeased. "Right... well, Olivia you'd better come with us. And we'll find Cedric and Mr. Diggory for you."
They set off behind George, Olivia following silently and ignoring Fred's every attempt to speak to her. When they reached the tent Mr. Weasley looked relieved to see his children and a tad confused to find Olivia with them.
"Cedric and I got separated." She told him, he nodded and walked towards her.
"You'll come home with us, and they'll meet you there."
"Okay." She said reluctantly. She has been told to stay put in a tent with Fred, George, and Ginny. She saw three other redheads in the tent, she only recognized two. Percy, she remembered, pompous Gryffindor. And Charlie, Oliver had said he was Gryffindor's best seeker- before Harry at least. The last one had long hair and a fang earring, he was quite handsome and looked very cool she thought. Percy had a bloody nose, and Charlie had quite a large hole in his shirt. The other redhead's arm was bleeding profusely, he held a bedsheet to it. Olivia walked over to Percy,
"May I?" She held her wand to his face, still bleeding.
"You're underage, and there's no magic outsi-"
"Bloody hell Perce, just let her fix it!" George shouted, Percy glared towards him and nodded his head slightly.
"Episkey," she said, he yelped as the bone went back into place but his nose had stopped bleeding. She turned to the eldest Weasley, and he nodded and held his bleeding arm out.
"Vulnera sanentur" the cut began to heal, she added, "ferula" and it was wrapped in tight bandages. She smiled and looked at Charlie,
"I'm fine." He said, gesturing to the rip in his shirt.
"Reparo," she said quietly, flicking her wand slightly. The shirt began to mend itself. The Weasley children looked at her and she shrugged,
"I hurt myself a lot, so I know a lot of healing spells," she paused, "and I know I'm not of age, but I don't reckon they'll be able to tell it was me using magic with all the madness that's happened here tonight."
"Bloody brilliant," Fred whispered into her ear. She ignored him, and did her best to hide her blush.
"I'm sorry love, but who exactly are you?" The eldest Weasley asked,
"Olivia Wood." She answered, sticking her hand out, "pleasure to meet you."
He grabbed her hand and shook it, "Bill Weasley." His eyes fell to the fresh burn marks on her hand and she pulled her hand away quickly, pulling her sleeve so that it covered her fingers. Before he could mention it, Mr. Weasley came in followed by Harry, Ron, and Hermione.
———
Sorry, long chapter, but there was a lot of content! I hope you guys enjoyed :) let me know what you think!