Cedric Diggory

Seeing as the following day was a Saturday Olivia had decided to spend time with Hermione as their schedules, as well as Olivia's avoidance of Fred and all Gryffindors had thrown a distance between the girls. She was pleased when Hermione smiled and told her to meet her in the Entrance Hall. So there the two of them sat quietly, S.P.E.W. Badges on and studied. They both looked up when they heard laughing, and saw Fred, George, and Lee run into the room. Olivia looked down, pretending to study but listening to what was being said.
"Done it." Fred whispered triumphantly to Harry, Ron, Hermione, and in turn Olivia. She didn't glance up, which caused him to frown slightly, "just taken it." He finished.
"What?" Ron asked.
"The Ageing Potion, dungbrains," said Fred.
"One drop each," said George, rubbing his hands together with glee. "We only need to be a few months older."
"We're going to split the thousand Galleons between the three of us is one of us wins." Said Lee, grinning broadly.
"I'm not sure this is going to work, you know." Said Hermione warningly, Olivia finally looked up, but only at the girl, "I'm sure Dumbledore will have thought of this." Fred, Lee, and George ignored her.
"I reckon you're right." Olivia whispered to her, slamming her books shut and watching the boys walk over to the goblet.
"Ready?" Fred said to the other two, quivering with excitement, "C'mon then - I'll go first"
They all watched as Fred pulled a slip of parchment out of his pocket breaking the words, Fred Weasley - Hogwarts, held his breath, and walked into the age line. George followed after him and they both beamed at each other until there was a loud sizzling sound and both twins were thrown out of the circle and hit the ground about ten feet away. There was a loud popping noise and both had great white beards that sprung from their faces. Olivia couldn't contain her laugher, nor could anyone else in the hall. The twins even laughed when they'd gotten back up onto their feet. Olivia watched as they walked up to the infirmary, apparently there had been many others that had tried with the same result. Cedric strode in happily with some of his friends, and Cho, behind him. He smiled at Olivia and she watched as he entered the circle and put his name into the cup. Most of the Gryffindors had gone by then, it was only her and Hermione.
"Shall we?" Hermione motioned towards the tables in the Great Hall. Olivia nodded,
"I'm just going to catch up with Cedric for a tick, and I'll be right there. You go ahead." Hermione smiled obligingly and Olivia scurried to Cedric.
"You reckon you'll make it?" She asked once she'd reached him,
"Yeah, I reckon I will!" He beamed, she smiled and grabbed his hand, pulling him away from his group.
"Look, I'm getting quite worried. Promise you won't do anything stupid if you get chosen?" She pressed, he squeezed her hand and gave her a light kiss on the lip,
"I promise. There's nothing to worry about. I'll come back to you in one piece!" He picked her up and spun her around, she laughed until she was put right back onto her feet again.
"Promise?" She stuck out her pinky,
"Promise." He met her finger with his and smiled. She let go of him and sauntered into the hall, walking over to Hermione,
"-yeah, better you than Pretty-Boy Diggory." She heard a boy say as she sat next to Hermione, she as well as a few Hufflepuffs that had overheard scowled in his direction.
"I beg your pardon?" She glared at the boy, crossing her arms over her chest. The boys face paled, seeing her sitting there and he opened and shut his mouth like a gaping fish. "That's what I thought." She huffed, turning her attention to Hermione who shot her an apologetic look.
"Just ignore Seamus." She whispered to Olivia, who kept the sour look on her face and her eyes glued viciously to him. She sat silently as Harry, Ron, and Hermione decided what they wanted to do that day, they had decided to visit Hagrid before the Champions were called that evening.
"I've just realized - I haven't asked Hagrid to join S.P.E.W. yet!" Hermione said brightly. "Wait for me, will you, while I nip upstairs and get the badges?"
"I'll join you." Olivia said, "I have too much studying to get done, so I'll walk up part of the way with you, then go up to my common room." The girls set off, Hermione had insisted that Olivia go into the common room with her, so Olivia found herself in the very warm, very red, common room. Seated in a cozy armchair by the fire.
"We have an enemy-" George began,
"In our midst." Fred finished. Olivia looked up and rolled her eyes, smiling.
"Hermione was getting some badges and insisted I come in with her, I was just on my way to my own common room." She explained,
"I'll walk you." Fred stated,
"You don't have to, really it-"
"Alright Olivia! Oh! Hello Fred, George." Hermione nodded to each boy, "we can leave now." She looked to Olivia who jumped up.
"Oi, Granger, I said I'd walk her up there." Fred insisted,
"Oh, alright!" Hermione chirped and ran out of the Common room, George followed her out, leaving Fred and Olivia in the common room.
"I mean it, you don't have to walk me. I'm capable of making it there myself." Olivia started to walk out of the common room, but felt Fred's hand snake its way into hers as he fell in step beside her. Rolling her eyes she turned to face him as they exited the Gryffindor common room.
"Fred." She sighed, tugging her hand out of his gently, trying to memorize the feeling of his palm. "Really, I can find my way there! It's not like it's hidden."
"And let you answer the riddle all on your own?" He joked, sauntering in front of her.
"I reckon it was a fluke you answered it correctly." She laughed as he threw his hands over his chest and feigned insult, her laugh echoed down the corridor, bouncing off the walls and Fred thought he'd never heard a better sound. She found herself quietly walking alongside him, peeking up at him to see if he was looking at her- but he never was. Both of them had things that they wanted to say, but neither was able to coherently do so. Fred noticed when she looked at him, but remembered her telling him she needed space. Mostly in silence and both utterly confused in one way or another, they walked up the stairs until they reached the Ravenclaw common room,
"What has one eye but can't see?" The eagle asked stoically, Olivia quickly turned to Fred,
"A needle." He answered with a sly smirk plastering his face. The door began to open and Olivia looked to it surprised. She turned back to Fred only to see him wink and turn away. She walked into the common room and up to her dorm. Lying in bed, she couldn't bring herself to study, she just laid there and wondered if her life would ever be different.
—————
"The Champion for Durmstrang," Dumbledore said loudly, "is Viktor Krum!"
Olivia clapped along with the storm of applause that had begun. Viktor had walked up to the front, and through a door at the end of the hall, disappearing behind it and leaving the hall and applause. A second piece of parchment sprung out of the goblet and Dumbledore started again,
"The Champion for Beauxbatons, is Fleur Delacour!" Dumbledore announced, Olivia gasped and pulled the girl sitting beside her into a tight hug.
"Congratulations!" She told her,
"Zank you!" Fleur beamed as she stood up and gracefully walked towards the front before slipping behind the door and disappearing. Olivia clapped, genuinely happy for her new friend. Dumbledore pulled the third slip of parchment from the goblet, Olivia felt her heart beating rapidly and she held her breath.
"The Hogwarts Champion is Cedric Diggory!" He happily shouted, she saw Cedric jump up, all of Hogwarts raving for him, the applause was deafening, he walked past her and leaned down,
"Don't look so worried, I told you, I'll be back in one piece!" He laughed, she nodded and watched as he sauntered away through the doors. Disappearing from her. The applause continued for quite some time, it took Dumbledore a while before he could speak again.
"Excellent!" He called happily, finally as the noise ceased, "well we have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining. Students from Baeuxbatons and Durmstrang to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on, you will contribute in a very real-"
He suddenly stopped speaking as the fire in the goblet had turned red again, sparks flew out of it, and a long flame flew into the air containing a single piece of parchment. Dumbledore reached towards it, held it out, and stared at it for quite some time. He cleared his throat and read the name that was on it,
"Harry Potter."
The next few minutes were quite a scuffle. Ludo Bagman, McGonagall, Barty Crouch, Karkaroff, and Madame Maxine all began urgently whispering, Dumbledore called Harry's name quite a few times more before she saw the boy get shoved by Hermione in the direction that all the other Champions had gone. He walked skittishly towards the door and he too, disappeared from sight. The hall had gotten eerily quiet and they were all sent back to their common rooms. Olivia followed behind the Hufflepuffs and entered their common room with them, waiting for Cedric to return.
—————
"At least the Hogwarts Champion is another Gryffindor!" Angelina gushed as she walked up the stairs to Gryffindor tower with Fred and George.
"Well, don't forget about Cedric." George murmured curtly, shaking his head.
"Yeah, it's Harry Potter AND Cedric Diggory." Fred said rolling his eyes.
"I reckon it's still good a Gryffindor made it in." Angelina finished, noticing the boys' moods had somewhat deflated- Fred in particular. "Now, let's get that food for the party!"
She looped her arms around both Fred and George's and pulled them along, they all ended up laughing along the way down the to kitchens.
—————
"He said he didn't do anything." Cedric had his head leaned on his hand, and yawned. The Hufflepuffs had thrown him a party and it was past three a.m. now. He and Olivia sat cross-legged facing eachother on his bed.
"I reckon he's telling the truth... he is quite young. How would he do it?" Olivia wondered, Cedric shrugged. He had told her all about what had happened behind that door, Karkaroff and Maxine were both terribly mad at Hogwarts but the goblet had bound the champions with magic so there was nothing that could be done. He knew how strong and binding magic could be. She leant down with Cedric and rested her head on his chest.
"You'll be careful though, Ced?"
"Of c-c-course I will Liv," Cedric tried to say through a yawn. She could hear his smile in the darkness, "imagine it Liv, one thousand Galleons, Eternal Glory, Hogwarts Champion: Cedric Diggory."
"Cedric Diggory." She repeated, smiling. She nestled into him and let sleep take her. She dreamt he won. She dreamt he came back to her, like he'd promised, in one piece. Cedric Diggory, said dream Cedric, never breaks a promise.