Fireworks

Olivia sat across from Harry pensively, mulling over what he'd just told her. Marietta, she thought rolling her eyes, of course. She watched as Harry uncomfortably shifted in his seat under her gaze,
"You'd best get to bed, Harry." She told him, he nodded and stood up. He turned to her before making his way up the staircase to his dormitory.
"You'd best get to Fred, I'm sure he's gone nearly mad having not heard from you since..." he trailed off and they both shuddered at the memory. Olivia nodded and stood up as well, they walked up together, Harry leaving her earlier as Fred and George's dormitory was higher up. She slid the door open soundlessly and crept into the room, tip-toeing towards Freds bed. She felt around for his body, tapping his shoulder lightly once she found it.
"Freddie, it's m—" she could barely get the words out before she was enveloped in his arms, her breath catching at the back of her throat.
"You scared me half to death, Wood. Don't do that again." He spoke softly, but the urgency in his voice cut her like a knife. Her arms made their way around him and she held him tightly.
"I promise I won't." She whispered, deciding to tell him about her wild night the next morning, and simply enjoy his company for the night.
They lied side-by-side, facing one another for the rest of the night. Fred watched her drift off to sleep intently, he thought she might disappear again. The hours after the DA was found had been, very nearly, some of the most stressful of his life. She had been right beside him, and then she wasn't. He had lost her and now, with her safely and silently breathing in front of him, he promised he'd never lose her again.

"She STUPEFIED you!?" George gasped at breakfast the next morning, Olivia waved her arm in the air in disagreement.
"She HAD to. It was the only way that I would listen, I would have been madly trying to find you and Fred otherwise." She explained.
"I still don't like that she probably enjoyed doing it." Fred stated crossly, taking a loud bite of toast.
"You don't know that. She's not evil. And besides, they came and got me, and kept me safe." Olivia huffed. She'd been defending Alice ever since the early hours of the morning when Fred had asked her what happened. Although she knew she wasn't Alice's favourite person, she knew that Alice had been trying to keep her safe.
"She's a Slytherin, of course she's evil." George hissed, Olivia rolled her eyes.
"Tim isn't evil." She replied.
"That's true." Fred agreed, eyeing his brother.
"Not yet." George said, waggling his eyebrows, eliciting laughter from the entire group.

"WEASLEY!" Montague boomed as Fred and George held his arms behind him and shoved him into a dresser.
"Are you two quite sure that this is the very best idea?" Olivia tried to whisper, but all that came out was an anxious scream. Fred looked over at her,
"It's this, or take fifty points love."
"Plus, he's just an arse." George added. Olivia sighed and watched as Fred and George shut the doors of the cabinet and heard the petrified—but muffled—screams from the Slytherin.
"It really sounds like he's getting farther away..." Olivia noticed, walking towards the cabinet to check. Fred held her by her arm and smiled when she looked up at him,
"Can't be late, can we love?"
"R-right." She said, abandoning the idea of checking when she looked into his brown eyes.
The three walked down the steps, Olivia and Fred bidding George goodbye so Fred could walk her to class. Just before she was about to walk in, Fred spun her to face him, moving his hands to cup her face. She laughed, but stopped suddenly when she saw his puzzled expression,
"What is it?" She asked, slowly pulling her face out of his hands.
"Cut class with me." He said, a devilish grin on his face.
"Cut? Class?" She asked shockingly, "Fred, do you know who I am!?"
"Please love. I only have a little bit of time with you left before we leave."
Olivia frowned, remembering that he and George were leaving early. Her inner Ravenclaw was itching to get to her class, but her heart melted at the sight of that smile.
"Alright Freddie, what should we do?"
"Anything."
"Anything?"
"Anything."
"Hmm."

"This is not what I meant when I said anything." Fred sighed, watching Olivia take off a sock in his bed. She shrugged,
"Look, it's not my fault that you've only gotten two questions right."
Fred groaned in frustration. She had asked to study, for him to study with her specifically. She had even said that for every question he got right, she'd take off an article of clothing. It had been two hours, and he'd gotten two socks.
"Love, this is only fun for you!" He whined, grabbing her foot and pulling her close—eliciting a scream then fit of giggling from her. He pulled her under him and kissed her neck gingerly, "what if, we did something that I like, and you like?"
"Yes, dear." She whispered compliantly, flustered at the feel of his lips against her skin. Yes, she thought, I'll certainly miss this.

Olivia and Fred met George on the way down to the Great Hall, they came across Ron, Harry, and Hermione along the way—staring at the giant hourglasses for the house points.
"Noticed, have you?" Fred asked, cutting through the silence.
"Malfoy just docked us all about fifty points," said Harry furiously as they watched several more stones fly upwards from the Gryffindor hourglass.
"Yeah, Montague tried to do us during break." Said George, looking thoughtfully up at the hourglass.
"What do you mean 'tried'?" Said Ron quickly.
"He never managed to get all the words out," Fred explained, "due to the fact that we forced him headfirst into that Vanishing Cabinet on the first floor."
"Vanishing cabinet!?" Olivia gasped, the shocked expression mirrored on Hermione's face.
"But you'll get into more trouble!" Hermione reprimanded,
"Not until Montague reappears, and that could take weeks, I dunno where we sent him." Said Fred coolly, "anyway... we've decided that we don't care about getting into trouble anymore."
"Have you ever?" Hermione and Olivia asked in unison.
"'Course we have," George told them, "never been expelled, have we?"
"We've always known where to draw the line." Fred replied
"We might've put a toe across it occasionally." Said George
"But we've always stopped short of causing real mayhem." Said Fred.
"But now?" Ron asked,
"Well now—" George began,
"—what, with Dumbledore gone—" Fred continued,
"—we reckon a bit of mayhem—" said George,
"—is exactly what our dear new Head deserves." Fred finished.
"You musn't!" Whispered Hermione, "you really musn't! She'd love a reason to expel you!"
"You don't get it Hermione, do you?" Fred said, smiling at her, "we don't care about staying anymore," Olivia flinched as Fred continued, "we'd walk out right now if we weren't determined to do our bit for Dumbledore first. So, anyway," Fred checked his watch, "phase one is about to begin. I'd get in the Great Hall for lunch if I were you, that way the teachers will see you can't have had anything to do with it."
"Anything to do with what?" Hermione asked,
"You'll see," George cooed, "run along, now."
Olivia felt a hand on her back and looked up to see Fred smiling at her,
"You ought to run along too, love."
"But I—" she began, but he interrupted her with his lips.
"Go on, love." Fred whispered. Olivia pursed her lips and nodded slightly, watching as he nodded and disappeared with George into the crowd coming down the steps. She turned her attention back to the trio, but they'd already gone. Shaking her head, she made her way into the Great Hall and took a seat beside Lee Jordan.  
"Hey Olive, how ya going?" He asked her as she sat herself down, she shoved him and mumbled something unintelligibly. She sat, quietly sulking at the remembrance of Fred's words, "we don't care about staying anymore," he'd said. She was terribly happy for the both of them, and she couldn't imagine a better fit for Fred, but it still stung that he didn't care.

BOOM!
Echoed through the hall, and a never-ending stream of enchanted fireworks made their way up and down the corridors. Olivia stood and watched in wonderment as dragons of green and gold shimmered around her, emitting loud and fiery blasts as they passed. Catherine wheels five feet in diameter whizzed past her, lethally through the air. Sparklers were writing curses into the air and stars were ricocheting off of the wall. The fireworks slipped through doors and made their way into the large spaces of the corridors. Olivia followed the rest of the student body out into the main hall, where Umbridge was jumping around like mad, trying to stupefy and vanish the fireworks. When she stupefied, they'd explode. When she vanished them, they multiplied by ten. Olivia couldn't help but smirk knowing that Fred and George had been the masterminds behind the bedlam that ensued.
For the rest of the day, all of the professors called Umbridge to come and help them get rid of the fireworks. Professor Flitwick stating he "could have gotten rid of them" himself, but didn't know if he had "the authority," to. Olivia tried to stifle a laugh that nearly escaped her.
But the time she'd made it to the Gryffindor common room—a kind second year student recognizing her and letting her in—she smiled at the sight of the entirety of the house congratulating Fred and George, lauding them as heroes after the events of the day. Fred perked up when he saw the brunette, smiling across the Common Room at him, and started to sit up, stopping abruptly when she waved him off.
"Enjoy." She mouthed, making her way towards where Harry, Ron, and Hermione were sitting. She pulled out her books and wordlessly began on the essay that she'd been procrastinating. She shrugged and nodded absentmindedly when the trio asked her anything, scribbling deliberate loops into the parchment in front of her.
By the time Fred got to her, she was so enthralled by her writing that he startled her when he gently placed his hand on her shoulder.
"Oi, love, time for bed, don't ya think?" He asked, watching her rub her eyes and yawn. She nodded sheepishly and let him help pack her things back into her book bag.
"Fred," she yawned again, "I really did think the fireworks were beautiful."
"Even the curses?" He chuckled, she nodded in response,
"Astonishing." She said, "you never cease to amaze me, Weasley."
Fred smiled as he shoved the rest of her quills into her bag and led her up the stairs. She fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow, he watched the slow rise and fall of her chest.
"Leaving you here, will be the hardest thing I've ever done." He whispered, kissing her gently on the head before taking her into his arms and falling asleep.
—————
I'M THE WORST, I HAVE NOT UPDATED IN SO LONG, FORGIVE ME.
WEEKLY UPDATES, I PROMISE.
This isn't edited yet, because I really just wanted to get something out for you guys.
I CANNOT thank y'all enough for the votes and support, I love you, and hope you're all staying safe!!