The Goblet of Fire

She had meant to go to Ravenclaw but found herself in front of the Hufflepuff entrance, she was let in as they all knew that she and Cedric were a couple. She waited for him on one of the couches of the common room, soaking it through nearly entirely. He stopped short when he saw her, soaking wet and red-faced,
"What the bloody hell happened to you!?" He rushed over to her and wrapped his robes around her, leading her to his dorm which was empty as the rest of the occupants had gone to class.
"I snogged Fred Weasley." She looked up, straight into Cedric's eyes. Cedric stared wide-eyed. He grabbed an extra pair of sweatpants and a jumper and held it out for her. Wordlessly, she changed, he looked away until she cleared her throat to indicate that she was dressed. They laid on his bed, her head on his chest, her hair soaking through the shirt that he had on.
"So... you snogged Weasley? Today?" Cedric asked softly,
"And at the Quidditch World Cup..." she sighed and told him about everything that she had left out before. Cedric found himself getting upset for tethering Olivia to him. He felt a pang of guilt for Fred Weasley, who was trying to be nice, but didn't understand the intricacies of the situation.
"Liv look, I'm sorry but you've got to be smarter than this. Whatever this is- or was- with Weasley. It has to stop. Your arm looks terrible. And you're starting to get sick now."
"It doesn't much matter anyways," Olivia said bitterly, "he thinks I'm a scrubber. He was quite clear about that."
"Oh Merlin, what should we do?" Cedric asked softly, pulling Olivia closer.
"Let's try again, you and I." Olivia lifted her head and let her sad eyes meet his. Cedric nodded slightly, guilt washing over his entire body. Fred thought the worst of her, and hadn't even called out to her as she left. It was over, whatever it was. A mistake. She moved slowly up to Cedric and stared into his eyes. He looked right back into hers and smiled slightly. She did love him, and they did have to be together. Cautiously, she pressed her lips to his lightly, and closed her eyes. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her back. No fireworks, no electricity, but no burning. They pulled away from each other and both looked somber. She lied back beside him and they both wondered what to do next.
"I do love you Liv." He took her hand in his, she squeezed his back,
"And I do love you too Cedric."
—————
She had forgiven Cho and Marietta, and the rest of the house had seemed to calm down from her and Roger walking out of his dorm together. Cho had dramatically recounted the events of their first Defence Against the Dark Arts class and Olivia was happy to have missed it. She and Cedric spent all their time together, he had kept both Fred and George away from her, quickly redirecting her when he saw them near. They were both really trying to work on their relationship, but she couldn't help but notice his wandering eyes when Cho was near, nor did he not notice her stolen glances at Fred when she thought he wasn't looking. Nevertheless, they overlooked those and went about enjoying each other's company and having their hands clasped together tightly any moment they were together. She dreamt about Fred often, but it didn't induce any burns on her arm, so she happily slept and dreamt of a world where she and Fred had never had that row, and just finally got to be together. She was always slightly disheartened to wake, but Cedric always distracted her from it and she felt like she was tuning in to her regular self again, happy and for the most part carefree. She walked in to the Great Hall one morning and saw Hermione run up to her with some sort of box in her arms.
"Olivia!" She called, waving her arm. Olivia smiled and stopped walking,
"Hi Hermione, good morning! What can I help you with?" She looked towards the box.
"I'm putting together for the Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare! It's two sickles for a badge, which goes directly to our leaflet campaign. Our short term aims are to secure house-elves fair wages and working conditions. Long term aims include changing the law about non-wand-use and tryi-"
"Oi Granger! Stop wasting people's time with that, the house elves-" Fred interrupted leaning on Olivia's right shoulder,
"Love being enslaved!" George finished, leaning on Olivia's other shoulder. Olivia huffed and brushed both of them off, walking towards Hermione.
"I would love to. I'll take four. One for me, Cedric, Cho, and Marietta." She shoved eight sickles into Hermione's hands and walked off quickly to the Hufflepuff table ignoring the looks that the two red-headed twins gave her.
"Oh, Olivia!" Hermione called after her frantically, but she was too quick, "... you forgot your badges..."
The three Gryffindor watched her saunter over to Cedric and pull him by his tie into a very passionate kiss.
"You really buggered that one up, now haven't you Freddie?" George asked, watching the girl slip in beside Cedric smiling.
"I reckon I have." Fred sighed. Hermione had run up to Olivia and passed her the badges that she forgot as Fred and George made their way to the Gryffindor table.
—————
"... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUU!" The Ravenclaws finished, Olivia had her hands covering her entire face and Cedric was laughing beside her, pulling them away.
"Oh Merlin, why do you always do this!" She cried, trying to hide herself away still.
"Because it's not everyday that a wonderful witch has a birthday!" Cedric yelled across the hall, all heads turned to him, Cho stood up beside him,
"And it's not everyday that our favourite witch turns sixteen!" Cho laughed, projecting out towards the hall. Olivia groaned, grabbed both of their hands, and pulled them down so they were sitting on either side of her again. Her face was scarlet with embarrassment, and she wished that she could be swallowed up by the floor and never seen again.
"Well love, what would you like to do for you birthday?" Cedric looked at her, she sighed,
"Well Ced, considering it's a school day and I have classes... I think, maybe, I'll go to class." She pretended to be deep in thought, he pushed her lovingly and she laughed along with Cho and Marietta. It was October 20th, ten days before Cedric's birthday and eleven days before the other schools would get to Hogwarts.
"Are you still thinking you're going to enter?" Olivia asked him quietly, once most of the attention was off of her.
"Yeah, I reckon I will. Eternal glory sounds good to me!" He beamed, she felt excited for him, but worried nevertheless.
"Right! Just be careful Ced." She said earnestly, and he nodded solemnly at her. They finished up and he walked her to her Divination class,
"I'll see you later." He leaned down and gave her a quick kiss,
"Sounds good."
After class she had decided to walk to the quidditch pitch, it had not been used as the tournament was going on and she found it nice to have a moment alone there every so often. She had barely stepped onto the grass before she heard a voice calling her name. Looking up to see who it was she frowned when she saw Fred Weasley running towards her. She quickly turned away and tried to out-walk him, but he was much quicker. He grabbed her by the hand, spinning her body to face him. She rolled her eyes and tried to pull her hand away.
"I got you something." He looked down and dropped her hand, "for your birthday."
She stared at him, trying to hide her surprise as he rifled through his pockets. He held out a box of Fizzing Whizbees to her, gesturing for her to take it. She took it gently from him,
"Thank yo-"
"I know it's not a lot. And I know you deserve an apology, so I'm sorry. I'm a bloody git. It's none of my business, and you don't have to forgive me, and-" he stopped rambling when she took his hand in hers.
"Thank you for these. They're my favourite." She dropped his hand and turned away taking a few steps before turning back to him, "I do forgive you, but I need more time... and space." She said the last part cautiously as she thought about what Cedric had told her, it has to stop. Fred nodded and she walked away from him, her arm stinging familiarly for the first time in almost two months.
—————
"Happy Birthday Ced!" Olivia shouted, leaping into his arms.
"Thank you!" He smiled, setting her down. They were outside with the rest of the school waiting for Beauxbatons and Durmstrang to arrive. She looked over at him,
"You're of age now! Your dad will be so happy, you can apparate everywhere now."
"Yeah," he nodded, "we'll have great fun this summer for sure."
A giant carriage appeared in the sky, led by horses that were the size of elephants. Once it had reached the school a boy in pale blue robes  jumped out and fumbled a bit before unfolding a set of golden stairs. Olivia gasped quietly when the largest woman, beautiful as ever, she'd ever seen stepped out followed by some of the prettiest girls she'd ever seen in her life. She felt her stomach turn as she scanned the crowd for Fred, but instead of ogling the girls he was laughing with George. She felt herself relax and chuckled slightly at herself as it wouldn't have mattered much either way. She looked back up only to lock eyes with him, she waved slightly and he winked at her. She looked down and heard a sudden array of gasps from the Hogwarts students around her.
"Liv, look!" Cedric pointed towards the Black Lake. A ship emerged from it, moving furiously with the treacherous waves, and they heard the splash of an anchor being let down soon after. The students started walking up, all dressed in fur. Olivia's eyes caught sight of one in particular, hitting Cedric repeatedly in the stomach she pointed,
"Ced! That's Viktor Krum!" He gasped and she laughed, knowing he must be star struck.
—————
The Beauxbaton students had decided to sit with the Ravenclaw and Olivia was shocked when a blonde girl tapped her on the shoulder,
"May I zit 'ere?" She asked, her accent was very thick. Olivia thought she had never met anyone that was quite so beautiful.
"Of course!" She pushed herself closer to Cho and held her hand out. The girl and another, smaller girl, sat in the space provided.
"Merci, I am Fleur Delacour, and 'zis" she pointed to the girl beside her, "iz my zeester Gabrielle." The younger girl waved,
"Very pleased to meet you, I'm Olivia Wood." She said holding her hand out, Fleur shook it and nodded. "This is Cho Chang, and that's Marietta Edgecomb."
Fleur looked at the two other girls and smiled, "eet' iz' nice to meet you"
The food arrived after Dumbledore had welcomed all of the new arrivals and Fleur had excused herself to get some of the bouillabaisse that she had seen at the Gryffindor table. She came back with a big smile on her face, holding the bouillabaisse, and Olivia couldn't stifle her laugh when she saw where she had just come from and Ron's reaction.
"The moment has come," said Dumbledore, smiling around at the sea of upturned faces. "The Triwizard Tournament is about to start. I would like to say a few words of explanation before we bring in the casket-"
Olivia frowned, the casket? Dumbledore had introduced Ludo Bagman and Barry Crouch, as well as telling the students that they, as well as himself, Madame Maxine, and Professor Karkaroff would be judging. Filch came in carrying a great big wooden chest encrusted with jewels.
"As you know, three champions compete in the tournament," Dumbledore said, Olivia's eyes quickly glanced at Cedric, "one from each of the participating schools. They will be marked on how well they perform each of the tournament tasks and the champion with the highest total after task three will win the Triwizard Cup. The champions will be chosen by an impartial selector... the Goblet of Fire." Dumbledore took out his wand and tapped three times onto the casket. The lid creaked open slowly, and Dumbledore reached inside, pulling out a large and roughly hewn wooden cup. It would have been entirely unremarkable, had it not been full to the brim with dancing, blue-white flames.