Imperio

"I think it's the only way," Olivia said. It had been two months since Tim had taken responsibility of her, and she was nearly completely healed. They'd been discussing ways around "what needed to be done."
"I don't know that he'll believe it." Tim told her,
"Then make him believe it." Clarice said suddenly, shocking both Tim and Olivia. Clarice had known, since the first night Olivia stayed, that her son was in love. And, reticent as it began, she learned to trust Olivia. The girl had not once tried to escape, or hurt Tim in any way, despite given ample opportunity. The clear answer to Clarice was that Tim's health was safe with Olivia, the girl wouldn't risk his life.
"M-mom," Tim spluttered, trying to find any excuse.
"Save it, I know what you two have been up to." She replied hotly, she saw Olivia shrink down in the bed. The girl was still frail looking, thinner than ever, but her bruises had dissipated and her eyes had gone back to normal. "You'll have to make him believe it."
"It's okay, just do it." Olivia agreed, understanding his mothers intentions.
"But, I-I've never tried it." Tim stated plainly, not confident in his skill, "and you can't be serious that you'd be okay with that."
Olivia nodded her head, "it's okay, really. Just do it. You'll be safe, and maybe, eventually, I will be too."
"She's right, Tim. He wanted to see her today, and you're the one that'll have to explain why she looks healthy." His mom lectured,
"But—" he started,
"—but nothing. You do it, or I will." Clarice interjected, flourishing her wand.
"Fine." Tim said bitterly, brandishing his own and placing it squarely in front of Olivia's face, "imperio,"
Just like that, Olivia got a misty look over her eyes, and her expression went flat.
"I hate this." Tim breathed,
"It's the only way." Clarice told him.
———
"You've used to imperius curse on her?" Voldemort said, more of a statement than a question. Tim nodded,
"I thought we might be able to use her."
"And you think your will is strong enough for her not to bend?" The Dark Lord hissed,
"Yes." Tim responded blankly, this was honest at least, he cared more for her safety than anything, so he was sure she wouldn't be able to do anything to break that. In the past two months they'd grown quite a bit closer, spending nearly every moment together, he thought of her a his closest confidant. He watched uneasily as Voldemort placed his wand on the girls neck, she stood unflinching.
"Tell her to duel me." Voldemort smiled, Tim stiffened and nodded, knowing it would not be good for the girl.
"She'll need a wand." Tim said.
"Of course." The snake replied, holding out her wand to her, Cedrics wand. She did just as she was told, taking the wand, bowing, walking three paces and turning.
"Expelliar—" she started, but the Dark Lord was too quick, and before Tim could blink, Olivia's body was slammed against a wall and she was screaming. He stood still, ignoring every pull to run to her and help, watching the girl he loved in more pain than he could imagine. Voldemort, along with the rest of everybody, was cackling madly, enjoying the display. Tim kept his gaze icy, and watched reluctantly.
Her screaming stopped finally, and he looked towards Voldemort,
"My Lord?" Tim asked,
"She may be useful." Was all he said, before turning away.
Tim turned towards Olivia, touched her lightly on the arm, and apparated them both away from the manor. She was weak when they arrived back at his home, and her cheeks were tear-stained. She had on a serious expression,
"Did it work?"
"Yes." He nodded.
"Let me go." She told him, "I'll pretend to be under the curse, but I need to see Fred."
"You know I can't." he replied, upset about having the same conversation for the hundredth time.
"Tim, I need to see him. I haven't heard anything about anyone, not my family, friends, Fred. I'm completely isolated here."
"I said no,"
"You can't keep me here! I've done all I can, I need to see—"
"—FRED! Yes, I know! You can't seem to live without him," Tim huffed annoyed,
"You can't seriously be jealous, Tim!?" She cried, angrily.
"He hasn't been looking for you! He's not out there, searching for you! I've been the one keeping you safe, I have, ME." Tim shouted back, his words stung her, tears springing to her eyes.
"I'm leaving." She stated calmly, holding her wand, ensuring she kept it.
"You're mad." He said,
"No, I'm going."
"Expelliarmus," Tim said, reaching out to catch her—Cedrics—wand. Her eyes widened in surprise, but her expression quickly changed to an incensed look, as if she could kill.
"What do you think you're—" she snarled, marching towards him,
"I'm sorry." He told her honestly, "imperio,"

What had they been talking about? Olivia wondered, she couldn't quite remember. Tim was there, in front of her, he looked like he was going through a lot, but she felt so happy—and fiercely loyal to him. But that's not right? She thought confused, there was someone else. But she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Who else matters? She wondered.
"Olivia?" Tim asked sheepishly,
"Yes?" She asked, wondering why he was acting so weird. She would do anything to make him happy. She needed him to be safe.
Tim watched the girl who moments before threatened to leave him, who looked as if she could kill him, smile sweetly at him. He walked over to her wearily, stuffing her wand up his sleeve. It wasn't that he wanted to control her, but he needed to make sure she stayed safe, and he knew—or he thought he knew—that with Fred she wouldn't be. She would fight tooth and nail for Fred, ensuring no harm come to him, and he was too immature to do the same (in Tims mind). If she stayed here, with him, she'd be safe. He'd make sure that no harm came to her.
"She can't go to Hogwarts with you." He heard his mom's voice from behind him, she'd watched the entire display.
"I know." He said, unsurprised that she'd been there the whole time. Olivia couldn't have gotten away if she'd tried. "So what do we do?"
"She'll sleep." His mom replied.

Olivia slept, a deep sleep, induced by a spell. But she couldn't cause any trouble, and no trouble could come to her.

"Mate, it's been six months, you've got to—" George began,
"—give up on her? Is that what you're going to say?" Fred seethed, staring at his twin odiously.
"You look awful, she's not been seen—or heard from! I loved her too, she was one of my closest friends, but you've run yourself ragged. You haven't slept, you look for her everywhere, and mate... she's not going to come back." George was nearly in tears by the end of what he had to say. He meant it, he loved Olivia more than words, she would've been his sister. Fred sighed, knowing that George was right, he was holding on to nothing, hoping for something that wouldn't and didn't exist. She disappeared, and was likely killed, lost forever in the department of Mysteries.
"I can't give up on her, she wouldn't give up on me." Was all Fred could manage to say, George nodded understandingly.
"I know, but it's nearly Christmas and everyone wants to see you. Normal you."
"I don't know that I'll ever be normal again." Fred told George honestly, "she was everything... we went through so much, and I should've been there to keep her safe. I should never have left."
"She'd want you to be happy." George told him, and this was true, Fred's happiness was the only thing that Olivia had ever wanted.

When Olivia woke up, it was Christmas, and Tim was standing over her with a beautifully wrapped gift, a gold bow tied tightly at the top. It didn't occur to her to be confused about how much time had elapsed, she was just happy to see him.
"But I didn't get you anything." She said sadly, taking his gift in her hands.
"That's alright." He said, a sadness in his eyes.
"You look so sad." She breathed, he was the only thing in her world, and she couldn't stand to see him upset.
"I'll be fine." He assured her, a tight-lipped smile formed across his face. He watched the bewildered girl, a shell of who he knew, look at him with her brows furrowed. Before he knew what was happening, she leaned over and pressed her lips against his, pulling away shyly after. "What was that for?"
"I thought it was strange you'd never kissed me." She replied, a small smile on her lips. He felt guilty that he was the only thing she knew, guiltier still that he enjoyed her kissing him so much.
"Why?" He asked,
"Why not? We're a couple, aren't we?" She tilted her head, like she was deep in thought and trying to remember something.
"Not quite." He told her honestly,
"But why not?" She looked upset,
"You're in love with someone else." He smiled sadly,
"No." She said strongly. She reached for his face and pulled it towards her, but before she could kiss him again he sighed,
"Somnius,"
She crumpled against him, deep in sleep.
———
By March, Fred was keeping it together quite well. The shop was doing quite well, and the girl they hired at the shop seemed to fancy him—George kept pushing him to pursue it, but he wasn't sure. His heart still beat for Olivia, but he, his family, the Woods', and the Diggorys' held a funeral for her, and he'd made his peace with her being gone. George was delighted that Fred had worked through his feelings, and was at least mostly past the grief of losing Olivia. He'd harboured a resentment against all the other involved with that night, for putting her in harms way, but the initial iciness had worn off and he'd made up with all of them. He had discretely been keeping tabs on any news, or any sign of her, but even he had to admit it was probably a lost cause.
———
"What's happening?" Olivia asked, waking up to not Tim, but Clarice—who looked rather upset.
"Put this on." She said, throwing a dark robe to Olivia.
"Where's Tim?" Olivia asked, throwing the robe over her clothes.
"Hogwarts. We're going there now. We've got to meet everyone at Borgins & Burke's."
"Everyone?" Olivia was befuddled, which had never before been a word in her repertoire, but she grew increasingly more and more confused. It was hot out, muggy, summer weather—she thought. But hadn't it just been Christmas? Clarice had too much to worry about, mainly the safety of her son, to consider Olivia's memory being an issue. Olivia let the blonde woman usher her along, apparat with her—to a grouping of dangerous looking individuals. Olivia was sifting through all the new information in her head, she walked into the vanishing cabinet without protest, but wondered this cabinet looks awfully familiar.
As soon as she appeared on the other side, it was bedlam, her eyes widened in surprise, and she ducked under the nearest object. There were familiar people, that she could swear she didn't know, in such a familiar place, that she also didn't know. Tim found her, grabbing her hand and pulling her along behind him. He led her into an empty classroom, away from the madness, where he thought she'd be safe.
"Are you okay!? Are you hurt?? What happened!? What are you doing here?" A barrage of questions that she didn't know how to answer, and before she could answer, she heard her name being called and turned.
Fred.
—————
Enjoyyyy