Burning

Olivia opened her eyes to a very bright light, a pungent medical smell, and her brothers face directly above her.
"Bloody hell Oliver! Sod off." She groaned as she squeezed her eyes shut, the light much too bright for her state of being.
"She seems to be herself." She heard Cedric say,
"We'd beg to differ Diggory, she seems-" Fred began,
"A tad aggressive," George finished for his brother. Olivia's eyes shot open at the sound of Fred's voice and she saw that she was surrounded by not only Cedric, Fred, George, and her brother, but Cho, Marietta, Harry, Hermione, and Ron as well.
"Oh..." was all she could manage.
"Oi! GIVE OLIVE SPACE." Oliver shouted at them, she cringed at the loudness of his voice as well as the nickname. She was about to speak again before his shouting continued and she held her hands over her ears. "CLEAR OUT YOU NOSEY GITS, SH-"
"BLIMEY OLIVER, SHUT UP YOU BLOODY DIMWIT!" Olivia screamed, everyone turned and stared at her, shock written on all of their faces. She cleared her throat,
"Bloody hell Oliver, I couldn't hear myself think with all your shouting about." She crossed her arms over her chest and looked at him. He look offended, but threw himself down onto her and wrapped her in a hug.
"I was only worried." He whispered into her ear quietly, she squeezed him tighter and pulled away,
"I'm okay. I promise." She told him. She smiled and looked around at everyone around her, as well as the flowers around her and gifts.
"Oh Merlin, thank you everyone. For all of this, and for being here. But I'm just feeling knackered and I know I only just woke up... I'd love for you all to visit, but perhaps one by one? Hermione and I need to talk before anything else." She looked at everyone and Hermione beamed at her. Once everyone had cleared out Hermione filled her in on everything that had happened the night before. It was only the morning of the next day, so Olivia hadn't been unconscious for that long, but felt like she'd missed a year's worth of things.
"Blimey Hermione..." Olivia gasped, putting a hand to her forehead, after she had finished telling her about the events from the night before. "But he's safe?" Olivia whispered, Hermione looked around the infirmary and nodded. Olivia breathed a sigh of relief, and Hermione wished her well and went on her way. Harry came to see her next.
"Thanks for saving me. I saw what you did, and I'm sure I would've died without your help." He sheepishly told her, "but why did you? We've never really even ever spoken."
Olivia considered that and then looked at the boy, "If you, Hermione, or Ron had gotten more hurt-or worse, killed, and I could have done something to stop it well... well I just wouldn't have been able to live with myself."
He nodded to her and left. She had expected Cedric to enter next, but she saw the fiery red hair and unmistakable smirk of Fred Weasley saunter in the hospital wing next. She shifted uncomfortably in the bed, and tried to avoid eye contact. But he had other plans. Before she could do anything she felt his body rest against hers and his lips against her ear,
"You gave me quite a scare love, but I'm glad you're alright." She felt his breath on her ear and felt as if she might pass out. He pulled away quickly and kissed her lightly at the top of her head, then started to leave. She watched him go, unable to do anything about the blush that crept up her cheeks or the burning of her arm. He looked back at her and winked before he strutted out of the wing. She looked down at her arm, noticing the fresh crimson of the burns that had just occurred. She let herself fall back onto the bed, no longer sitting up and blushed again remembering how his breath blew into her ear, and the way his lips felt...
"Woah, am I interrupting something?" Cedric raised his eyebrows at the sight of a the dopey-eyed girl looking lovingly at the ceiling, she shot up at the sound of his voice,
"W-what? No! Not at all. I was just," she rubbed her face to try and get rid of her blush, "thinking."
He arched his eyebrow and glanced down at her arm, redder marks littering than before.
"Liv, I know it's really difficult, but I don't want to see you get hurt..." he trailed off, running his fingers over her arm. She looked at him,
"Obliviate me then," she said dramatically and threw herself down on the bed again, Cedric's laughter reached her and they both ended up in a fit of giggles. Oliver walked in to find the two of them giggling at one another. He smiled at the two of them. They'd been so serious the past few weeks, and secluding themselves to only one another's company, it was nice to see them smiling.
—————
Olivia, Cho, Marietta, Oliver, and Cedric all sat together on the train to home from Hogwarts. Olivia and Cedric sat next to one another and clasped hands together, she had her legs up on Oliver's lap who was sitting across from her.
"Well Ollie, a successful last year?" She asked her brother, and he smiled.
"Oi, we got the cup didn't we?"
"You sure did!" Cedric grinned at him. He looked at Olivia,"Do you reckon you'll be able to come with me and dad for the Quidditch World Cup?"
Olivia's eyes widened, "I'd love to!" She chirped, wrapping her arms around him.
"Oliver, what are your plans for next year?" Cho asked, Marietta looked over too, curious to hear. Olivia stood up on her seat and beamed,
"Announcing the new PUDDLEMORE UNITED QUIDDITCH KEEPER!"
Oliver stood up and helped her down, "Just a reserve player." He told the compartment,
"For now!" Olivia smiled.
—————
Summer at the Wood Residence was quite a quiet affair, made even more so by Oliver's lack of presence. Having to train with his new team as soon as possible, he had left after only a week home, leaving Olivia by herself. In turn, she spent most of her time at the Diggory's, reading with Cedric or studying for her next year classes.
"Typical Ravenclaw." Cedric would tease whenever he saw her studying, which would only illicit her throwing a book at him. Cedric kept her preoccupied all summer, she never had a chance to worry about her vow with him or about Frederick Weasley. They spent all of their time outside, riding broomsticks, and finding ingredients for potions they wanted to try. Cedric had received almost all O's on his owls and Olivia and his parents didn't stop congratulating until weeks had passed.
"What do you think they mean by 'a gown'?" Olivia asked Cedric as she read and reread her school list, he glanced over and shrugged,
"I haven't the foggiest. It says 'dress robes' on mine."
They looked at each other and wondered.
"Well, mine will have to be long sleeved." Olivia looked at her right arm, red lines crossing over it and pulled her Gryffindor jumper sleeve down over it. Cedric frowned at her,
"It's really not that noticeable, just wear whatever you like."
She sighed and sat up, sorting through the mail on his desk,
"Cho has owled you more than me this summer." Olivia looked at her friends' loopy writing and smiled, then looked to Cedric who looked a tad embarrassed. "What's the matter?"
He looked up at her, guiltily. "Well, we've both owled a lot. You know we studied together a few times, and-"
"Do you fancy Cho?" Olivia narrowed her eyes, interrupting him. He looked at her and looked back down at the ground.
"Idontknow" he mumbled,
"Sorry, I couldn't quite catch that."
"Idunno"
"Ced, really, use your word-"
"I don't know!" He said exasperated. Olivia put the parchment down and sat beside him,
"She's very sweet. And I think she's always sort of fancied you anyways."
Cedric looked up at Olivia and put his forehead to hers,
"What are we going to do?" He asked, not meaning it as a question. She grabbed his hands,
"Stay together. So we don't get hurt." She smiled sadly at him, a grim expression on his face. He pulled away and nodded solemnly. The two stayed sitting in his room until nightfall, not saying a word to one another but knowing nonetheless exactly what the other was thinking and feeling.
"Does it hurt terribly?" Cedric asked, glancing at her arm as she stood up to leave. She looked down at him and nodded,
"Yes, but..." she trailed off remembering Fred's face against hers and how her heart fluttered when she felt his lips on her head, "-but it's not so bad." She finished dreamily, walking out of the room and shutting the door behind her.
Poor Ced, she thought, he won't know what hit him.
— — — — — end of year three — — — — —

Thanks so much for reading! I hope you like it so far. It's kind of everywhere right now, but her next year is going to be so action packed.
Let me know what you think, and if you have any criticisms. Also, like over 100 reads!! That's so exciting!! Thank you!! This was kind of a shorter chapter, but next one will be long! So I'll make up for it!

I know her and Cedric have kind of an interesting relationship, but just going by the books he was a super nice and understanding guy so I thought I'd keep it realistic in that way! They grew up together, so there's a lot of love!