My Roger

Fred, George, and Lee were putting on a spectacular show—puking pastilles this evening, and as much as Olivia loved him, she couldn't take watching Fred throw up into a bucket over and over again for show.
"It's not that I don't want to help, it's just..." Olivia didn't know how to put it, "it's so gross."
"Love—"
"And I should be studying,"
"Wood—"
"I'll just be right over there,"
"Hey," Fred held her head, lifting her chin gingerly and kissing her, "I was only going to say 'okay',"
She smiled, and sauntered over to the trio across the common room,
"—they only know the flashy stuff that's of no real use to anyone," she heard Hermione say disparagingly, and figured it could only be in response to Fred and George.
"No real use?" Said Ron in a strained voice,
"You know Hermione, they've made about twenty-six galleons already." Olivia said, sitting herself down at their table. She took out her notes and drew her quill, scrawling haphazardly across the parchment. The four of them worked silently on their own projects for a while before Olivia peeked over her notes quickly, catching Hermione's eyes,
"What jinx did you use? What will happen if someone snitches?" Olivia asked her, keeping her voice in a low drawl.
"It'll make Eloise Midgeon's acne look like a few cute freckles," Hermione said slyly. Olivia raised her eyebrows,
"I'm impressed, Granger." Olivia said, clucking her tongue. She turned at the sound of Fred's voice, calling her from across the room,
"Love, are you ready?" He asked before turning his attention to Hermione and rattling the box of galleons ostentatiously evoking a scowl. Olivia nodded obsequiously and stood up,
"You look happy." Hermione told her, Olivia turned to her friend,
"I am."
She entered through the doorway to the boys dormitories, Fred following behind her.
"How'd it go?" She asked him, flinging herself onto his bed and pulling the sheets overtop of herself.
"It went well," he said pulling in next to her, "you've got to stop this habit of sleeping in your uniform."
"I'm so tired though." She whined, closing her eyes and feigning sleep.
"In any case love, up up—pyjama time."
"Okay," she yielded, allowing him to pull her up. He handed pyjamas to her, and hopped off the bed, closing the drapes surrounding the bed so she could change in private.
She called to him when she was done and he crawled into the bed with her, stripping down to his boxers. She rested her head on his chest, listening to the sound of his heartbeat as she fell asleep.
———
They woke up together like any other morning— as they had countless times before by now. This morning, however, Fred winced, causing Olivia to tilt her head and shoot a concerned look.
"What's the matter?" She asked, stifling a yawn with her hand. His face flushed slightly, a new sight for Olivia as he was usually cool, and as much as she hated to admit it—a bit conceited.
"Well, it seems as though the Fever Fudge has an adverse effect that George and I haven't figured out the antidote for." Fred said darkly, Olivia raised her eyebrow,
"Isn't that what I'm for? If you let me know what's wrong, I can probably fix it."
"Not this time, Wood."
"But—"
"Nope." He replied sharply, jumping out of the bed and to his feet. He disappeared behind the drapes, and Olivia rolled around to the other side of the bed, lifting the fabric and resting it on her head watching as Fred quickly got dressed.
"Fred—"
"Drop it, love." He said, kissing her head. He walked away bandy-legged and uncomfortably, leaving her confused and in bed. She got up quickly, pulling on her uniform, only taking care to throw one shoe on— hopping on one foot as she clambered down the stairs. She'd slung her book bag over her shoulder and made her way to the Great Hall, trying to figure out why Fred had left in such a hurry. But he had left her, and with very little explanation. She stopped short of entering the Great Hall, resolved to not go rushing to find him, instead turning and making her way to her first class. One that she wasn't particularly looking forward to—potions.

"You'll be brewing an exceptionally difficult potion today," Snape droned, Olivia sat still, focused entirely on the lecture, "Amortentia."
Olivia shuddered, remembering two years prior when she'd nearly died from taking it. Cho looked over at Olivia, and clasped her hand over hers comfortingly. Olivia looked up and smiled warmly, giving Cho a curt nod before heading out to gather ingredients.
Roger Davies had shown up in the middle of the class, looking for Olivia and Cho to tell them about Quidditch practice. Professor Snape had him stay—since he'd interrupted the lesson, he had to take part; similar to Olivia's situation years prior and much to her chagrin. Professor Snape had been considerably more hostile towards her since she'd been spending more time with the Gryffindors, so she wasn't at all surprised when he had her test her own Amortentia on herself, and with Roger's hair. Roger looked at her apologetically and she glowered at Snape before taking a swig of the pink potion.

The following hours were a wild ride for Olivia, from the second she took the potion she had a devastating necessity to be near Roger. There were no clear thoughts— his name and face clouding her vision in every dimension. She was certain that without him, she'd die.
Cho watched as Olivia's eyes glazed over with a love-sick and dopey look. Olivia nearly flew to Roger, who pushed her off of him gently before she nearly climbed up him, and he resorted to shoving her more forcefully.
"Uhm, Professor Snape, do you have an antidote?" Cho asked wearily, Snape looked her squarely before shrugging,
"It's not dire, in a few hours she'll be... good as new." He drawled.
"P-professor, are you s-sure?" Roger asked, straining to pull Olivia off of him,
"Davies, surely you can deal with this." Snape snapped sharply, before turning and briskly walking out of the room. The class emptied, most people running away from Olivia's cries as she clung to Roger, asking why he didn't love her like before.
"I have never loved you!" Roger cried, taken aback at the prospect.
"What!?" Olivia's voice broke, a sob escaping her lips.
"Roger!" Cho gasped, trying to comfort her friend. "He was kidding," she tried to tell Olivia,
"Olivia, I just meant to say that we've never been in love."
"I've been in love, I'm in love!" Olivia wailed,
"Roger, please." Cho implored,
"I don't want Weasley to kill me!" He howled,
"He won't!" Cho yelled, all the while Olivia cried in the background.
"Fine!" He threw his hands up in the air and leaned down to where Olivia was crying puddles into the ground, "Olivia, darling, I'm terribly sorry. I'm not sure what was going on in my mind just then—of course I—I love you."
Cho watched the bizarre interaction unfold, Olivia throwing her hands around her neck, and Roger pulling her away before she could kiss him. The three of them made their way to the Great Hall, Olivia linking her arm in Rogers and chattering on about how many kids they'd have and the types flowers she wanted at their wedding.
"Wait a minute, and let me find Fred." Cho told him, Roger scowled at her as she entered the Hall, trying to keep Olivia at bay. He wouldn't let Olivia within an arms length, prying her off of him every time she latched on.
"W-why w-w-won't you k-k-kiss me!?" She wept, just in time for Cho to drag both Fred and George out of the hall.
"What are you on about Cho—woah." George tried to hide his amusement, stifling his snickers in his hand. Fred watched Olivia pout and couldn't help but smirk at the sight of her absolutely losing it—drunk on a potion that she'd made herself.
"Look mate," Roger said, shifting his gaze between the twins, not knowing which was which (like Cho, who'd brought both because she couldn't tell them apart), "I'm really sorry, please just—can you just?" Roger held his arms out, trying to push Olivia to them.
"I don't think she'll come." George smiled, obviously entertained by the display,
"I reckon you're right Georgie, she seems quite smitten." Fred agreed,
"What?" Cho asked bemused, Roger looked just as confused— accidentally dropping his arms, allowing Olivia to swing herself onto him and plant a passionate kiss on his lips.
Fred's attitude promptly changed at the sight of her kissing another person. He stiffened, watching Roger peel her off with a look of sheer distress on his face. Roger met Fred's icy gaze and looked mortified,
"I'm so sorry mate." Roger apologized, forcing her away from him so much so that she stumbled into Fred's arms. She looked up at Fred, a second of recognition in her eyes before they glazed over again. She found her footing again and looked for Roger, who'd disappeared. She turned back to Fred, George, and Cho and tilted her head, clasping her hands together.
"Where did Roger go?"

"We have to go to quidditch. Angelina'll kill us if we don't." George tried to explain to Cho, Fred was busy consoling Olivia as she was distraught about Roger "abandoning" her.
"And what about her?" Cho asked desperately, "she's lost it."
"Just bring her to quidditch."
"It's pouring out!"
"Then I dunno!" George lifted his hands in the air exasperatedly. They both turned to Fred,
"—no, he didn't. He's coming back, he just, er—was wanting to bring you something?" Fred lied,
"L-like, a surprise?" Olivia stammered between sobs,
"Er—yea, something like that."
"Do you really think so?" She asked, looking up at Fred who had plastered a reassuring smile on his face.
"Of course, Wood." He said, patting her shoulder. He watched her and asked what he'd been embarrassed to ask that morning, in regards to the Fever Fudge—figuring that a) she was busy worrying about Roger, and b) she may not remember what he'd asked when all was said and done. "Do you reckon you'd be able to look at a potion for me?"
"A potion?" She asked, brow furrowed, "I've got to look for my Roger." Fred smiled, even through the pang in his chest when she said my Roger.
"He... it's for him." Fred fibbed,
"Mate—what are you doing?" George whispered, Fred waved him off,
"He had some of our Fever Fudge, and well—he's gotten some boils in some... rather unfortunate places."
"Is that why he left?" Olivia asked,
"Yea, he—er—was," said George catching on and raising an eyebrow at Fred, "embarrassed."
"He was!?" Olivia cried in dismay, "but I don't care about any of that! I love him."
Fred, George, and Cho all cringed at her last sentence and shot her an array of the most fabricated smiles that they could muster.
"R-right, well—" Fred began,
"He just needs a proper—"
"Solution—"
"Remedy." George finished. Olivia looked at him,
"Done." She said admirably, she reached out to Cho, "let's go."
Cho shot Fred and George an incensed look before being dragged behind Olivia.
"I mean, that's one way to do it." George commented, smirking at his brother.
"Shut up," Fred grumbled, trying not to let the fact that he was flustered come to light.

Fred sauntered into the Ravenclaw Common Room, drenched and muddy, after Quidditch practice to find Olivia burrowed into Roger, eyes closed and asleep. Roger however, looked as agitated as ever, holding a purple substance in a glass vial. Cho was sitting across from them, absentmindedly reading a textbook, she peered over it as she heard footsteps near her.
"She passed out about an hour ago," Cho told him, flipping the page of her book, "she made that remedy for her Roger, it took about forty minutes—she was worried about him."
"And since then, she found me and nearly shoved this down my throat." Roger sighed, brandishing the vial and passing it over.
"Thanks mate," Fred said graciously, pocketing the vial quickly, "d'you reckon she'll be back to normal when she wakes up?"
"I hope so, I don't want to have to spend the night with her." Roger mumbled cheerlessly.
"Roger!" Cho barked, tilting her head towards Fred, "there are worse things."
"Should we try to wake her up?" Fred queried, Cho and Roger looked at him and nodded,
"Perhaps when you've bathed and look more appealing?" Cho piped up, before Fred could get to close to Olivia. Fred scowled, and leaned down.
"Wood, love, it's time to wake up."
"Yea, Olivia, wake up please, I'd prefer it if you weren't in my lap." Roger groaned, shaking her a bit. Olivia's eyes opened, seeing Fred covered in a thick coat of mud, drops of bronze liquid falling from his hair. She furrowed her eyebrows, turning her head up to see Roger—her eyes only growing deeper in confusion. Her face continued to look bewildered as she got upright, switching between the three faces that watched her intently. Fred's lips twitched into the ghost of a smile, as her face grew more and more mortified and her thoughts became more organized. Suddenly she jerked away from Roger, mouth open in horror,
"No, no, no, no, nooooooo, no way!" She spluttered, "you let me kiss you!?"
"Look, I don't think anyone here is very happy about that." Roger said, "and I tried very hard to make sure that didn't happen—but you are relentless!" Olivia's face flushed and she looked towards Fred,
"Why did no one take me to the Hospital Wing!?" Olivia asked fretfully,
"Er, I don't think anyone thought of that." Fred stated, Cho and Roger nodding in agreement.
"You didn't think." She fumed, "and you sent me on a fool's errand!" She told Fred pointedly,
"It kept you busy, love." He shrugged,
"Roger, I'm so sorry." Olivia pulled her hands over her face, she peeked through the spaces between her fingers and spoke into her hands, "Fred, I'm sorry too."
"S'alright." Both he and Roger said.
"Really, love, it's alright." Fred said reassuringly, "c'mere, let's go."
Olivia got to her feet, trying to muster the small portion of dignity that she had left.
"I bloody hate Amortentia." She groaned under her breath.
———
"Why didn't you just tell me that you were the one who had the unfortunate boils." Olivia chuckled, "you blamed it on poor Roger!"
"You mean, your Roger?"
"You're not still jealous of Roger?" Olivia smirked, "of my Roger."
Fred rolled his eyes, and pulled her into his chest as she snickered,
"Don't worry Freddie, I'm your Olivia."
"And I am your Fred."
"You'd better be," she simpered.
—————