Sneak

"What's all that noise?" Olivia asked, walking side-by-side with Tim to the library. There was a great wailing that they could hear from where they were, nearly up all the staircases. Tim looked around, poking his ear out, then pursed his lips,
"Dunno. You reckon you want to find out?" He asked, gesturing back down the stairs. Olivia nodded and they made their way down the concrete staircases, listening intently at the growing voices, and a non-disputable sobbing sound. By the time they made it into the Entrance Hall, Olivia caught her breath at the sight of Professor Trelawney falling onto Professor McGonagall, and Dumbledore standing over everyone, smiling at Umbridge.
"No, it is my wish that you remain, Sybil." Dumbledore said sharply, turning to Professor McGonagall he curtly nodded, "might I ask you to escort Sybil back upstairs, Professor McGonagall?"
"Of course," said McGonagall, "up you get, Sybil."
Professor Sprout came hurrying towards them, from out of the crowd, and grabbed Professor Trelawney's other arm. Olivia looked towards Professor Umbridge who had a sickeningly sweet smile on her toad-like face,
"And what," she said in a whisper that was audible throughout the entire hall, "are you going to do with her once I appoint a new Divination teacher who needs her lodgings?"
"Oh, that won't be a problem," Dumbledore said quickly, and with a smile on his face, "you see, I have already found us a new Divination teacher, and her will prefer lodgings on the ground floor."
"You've found—" Umbridge said shrilly, "you've found? Might I remind you, Dumbledore, that under Educational Decree Number twenty-two—"
"The ministry has the right to appoint a suitable candidate if—and only if—the Headmaster is unable to find one." Said Dumbledore. "And I am happy to say that on this occasion I have succeeded. May I introduce you?"
Olivia heard hooves, and her mouth hung open at the sight, a shocked murmur erupted within the hall, students shifting to see. White-blonde hair with dazzling blue eyes were what Olivia saw first, then the head and torso of a man attached to the body of a beautiful palomino horse. Tim shifted beside her, but she paid no mind.
"Astonishing." She whispered, and Tim turned to her in surprise. She watched the centaur with, a near admiration, one that he did not share. Having pure-blood parents and being Slytherin taught him one thing, that half-breeds were not to be trusted. He was in the throws of an internal struggle when Dumbledore spoke again,
"This is Firenze," he said happily, to a dumbstruck Umbridge, "I think you'll find him suitable."

"Can you believe it, Tim!?" Olivia nearly shouted on their way back up to the library, "a centaur! Divination is lunacy, but centaurs are meant to have a nearer connection to the elements—obviously—and to think! The look on Umbridge's face!"
Tim was still fighting internally with himself over whether or not to be disgusted by the fact that Dumbledore had invited a centaur to teach. There was nothing wrong with centaurs, none had ever done anything to Tim, and Firenze seemed to be knowledgeable, just from the way he carried himself. So what was this tugging feeling of remorse he felt? For judging the centaur, and the judgement of Dumbledore. He had read Harry's article in the Quibbler, which created even more confusion. His parents had told him that Harry, along with the Weasleys, Dumbledore, and 'after those theatrics' Olivia, were no better than muggles. But, having met Olivia, he knew that it could not be true. He used to be certain that he, a pure-blood, was better, but when he looked at Olivia—her being a half-blood—she was like the sun, and he knew he was no better. His eyes fixated on the carving in her hand again, Cedric Diggory was murdered, and felt his heart fall.
"—tim? Tim, did you hear me?" Her voice pulled him out of his thoughts, her head was slightly tilted and her eyes were locked with his, a look of concern shrouded in her expression. "Are you alright?"
"Oh! Erm—yes, of course. Sorry... I must've, dunno, gotten lost in my thoughts." He shook his head and ran his hand through his hair, Olivia smiled—reassured that he was okay.
"We ought to start with this," she said looking down at her parchment, "don't ya reckon?"
Tim nodded and dipped his quill in the ink beside him.
———
"Did you hear about Trelaw—" Fred started, walking up to Olivia and Tim, who were seated quietly studying.
"—yes, we were there actually!" Olivia interrupted him, "saw the whole thing, didn't we Tim?"
"Er—yes, we were." Tim answered, looking up at Fred who was standing over the two of them.
"Mad!" Fred laughed, taking a seat beside them. There was nothing quiet about him, his hand ruffled through his fiery red hair and he pulled Olivia in for a kiss by her chin. She blushed and turned away after, sneaking loving glances at him for the rest of the night. Fred was slouched over in a chair, his legs up on the table beside them, and he was brandishing his wand in his hands absentmindedly. Olivia, on the other hand, had her hair neatly pulled into a ponytail and was silently reading through notes, rifling through the papers—although she was so deliberate that you couldn't hear any of the parchment shift. Tim watched them both curiously, not understanding what either of them saw in each other. Fred Weasley was loud, a bit obnoxious, and headstrong; Olivia was reserved, even-tempered, and appallingly intelligent. Tim thought about Cedric, and how Cedric and Olivia had been a good pair. Both popular, attractive, intelligent, and meek. Before he could stop himself, he heard his voice ask,
"How did you two meet?"
Fred looked up, putting his wand away, and Olivia stopped writing. She smiled, trying to contain a laugh,
"I fell on him, actually."
"You fell?" Tim asked,
"That's right, she couldn't help but fall for me as soon as she—" Fred started, Olivia shoved his arm and then turned her attention to Tim,
"It was when the dementors came onto the train. Fourth year, do you remember?" She asked, Tim nodded, remembering how Draco had laughed about Harry fainting. Olivia continued, "well, I had left Cho, Marietta, and... Cedric in the compartment—to change into my robes—and before the dementor could get to me, I was pulled into Fred's compartment. I woke up, and I was in his arms."
"So you met when you were still dating Cedric?" Tim asked, Olivia shifted and looked down, pulling her sleeve over the black scar on her right arm.
"Yes, we did." Fred answered, watching Olivia closely, "but we've really ought to get going, it's getting to be late."
Olivia looked up at Fred gratefully, not wanting to have to explain the Unbreakable Vow to Tim,
"Right, of course." Tim agreed, gathering his things together. He wondered about the scar on her hand, but didn't want to mention it. He watched as Olivia was whisked away by Fred, it seemed to Tim as if it was one sweeping motion and she was all packed and on her feet.
"I'll see you in class tomorrow?" She asked brightly, before leaving. Tim nodded, and threw Fred nod—which was reciprocated. He watched the two leave, still not understanding, and finding himself to be more confused than before.

"Mate, we've got to find you someone else to throw your energy at." Teddy told Tim as soon as he entered the dormitory. Tim looked crestfallen, and slunk into his bed, leaving his book bag on the floor beside him.
"Whadda'ya mean?" Tim yawned,
"You've really got it bad for her, Olivia, I mean." Teddy said, watching as Tim rolled his eyes.
"I don't like her, not like that!"
"Sure—"
"I mean it!"
"Alright, mate, but—"
"We're friends!" Tim finished, exasperated at his friend. Teddy sighed, and held his hands up in defeat,
"Look, mate, listen. I get it. But her and Weasley aren't ever going to be done with each other, and you've got to know that. So don't get wrapped up with a girl who's got someone else. He's not Cedric, and you're not him."
Tim took Teddy's words to heart, knowing that he was in a dangerous place. Unrequited feelings were never good for anyone, especially not when she was so happy.

"Inquisitorial Squad? What's that?" Tim asked, Alice looked down at him, taking her seat beside him quickly.
"It's Umbridge's Inquisitorial Squad, we get extra credit. But basically, we work as prefects."
"But we're not." Teddy said, a slight curiosity raising in his voice.
"Right." Alice told them.
"That might be nice... especially with that prat Zacharias." Teddy said, stuffing a bun into his mouth.
"And that Granger." Alice sneered, peering over the Great Hall and towards the Gryffindor table.
"Granger's nice, Alice. But that might be good, especially for extra credit." Tim agreed.
"So we'll join?" Teddy asked, the other two nodded.
"Perfect." Alice smiled.
———
By mid-March they had been working on Patronus' for a few weeks, Olivia with not very much luck at all. She found that she had trouble finding a memory that elicited that much joy, without also sparking a deep seeded melancholy. Most all of her happiest memories were with Cedric, and any of the stolen kisses that she and Fred had shared during the tournament, created more pain than happiness for her at the time—and she couldn't see past it. She watched her friends create these beautiful silver animals, bounding about the room and stared helplessly at her—no, Cedric's—wand.
"You doing alright, love?" Fred asked her, noticing that she'd stopped trying to cast the spell. She stared up at him and smiled half heartedly,
"Yea, m'alright." She whispered, "just not being terribly successful is all." Before Fred could respond they were interrupted by Seamus, who was yelling to Harry,
"Harry, I think I'm doing it!" He called, it was the first ever meeting that he'd come to—brought along by Dean, "look—ah—it's gone... but it was definitely something hairy, Harry!"
"They are sort of nice, aren't they?" Hermione said, looking at the otter that appeared fondly. Olivia felt something at her feet and looked down to see the silver hyena that was Fred's Patronus and smiled.
"They are quite nice—at least I think so." Olivia cooed.
"—what's wrong?" Olivia heard Harry say, she turned her attention back to him, and the familiar house elf who was tugging at his pant leg. Dobby looked utterly terrified as everyone turned to listen, their patronus' disappearing into a silver mist.
"Harry Potter, sir..." Dobby squeaked, trembling all over, "Harry Potter, sir... Dobby had come to warn you... but the house elves have been warned not to tell." Olivia gasped as the elf then ran himself straight into the wall.
"What's happened Dobby?" Harry asked urgently, holding the elf gently by the arm.
"Harry Potter... she... she..." Dobby hit himself in the nose with his fist, Harry quickly grabbed the other arm,
"Who's 'she' Dobby?" Harry asked. Dobby looked up at him and mouthed the name, wordlessly.
"Umbridge?" Asked Harry, mortified. Olivia stiffened at the name, "what about her? Dobby—she hasn't found out about this—about us—about the DA?"
Harry, Olivia, and most all of the members read the answer in the stricken elf's face. Dobby sunk to his knees.
"Is she coming?" Harry whispered, loud enough for Olivia to hear, her wand clasped tightly in her hand. Dobby let out a howl,
"Yes, Harry Potter, yes!"
Harry looked around the room, the occupants all dumbstruck,
"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?" He bellowed, "RUN!"
Olivia was lost in the scuffle, she'd lost sight of Fred, and the doorway looked like a massive scrum. She felt herself get pushed in every way, and fell to the floor, her wand clattered around and she shuffled around, feeling around for it. It was madness, the doors had come down, there was a rush of silver and green cloaks, smoke filling the room. She clasped her wand in her right hand and looked up, catching her breath at the wand that was at her nose.
"A-Alice, w-wait, I—" Olivia began, scrambling away from the Slytherin in front of her.
"I am sorry for this, but, stupefy." Alice breathed. Olivia felt a very stark pain, and then nothing at all. Alice watched the Ravenclaw girl crumple to the ground, and looked around, she huffed to herself and lifted her sleeves, "tim owes me big for this."
Alice dragged Olivia away from the chaos, ensuring that no other Slytherins could see her, and left her lying behind a bookcase. Rolling her eyes, she ran out of the room, trying to find Tim and Teddy.

"YOU STUPEFIED HER!?" Tim yelled, once Alice had explained everything to him.
"SHUSH—yes, I did! She would have gotten caught otherwise!" Alice hissed,
"AND HOW DO YOU RECKON THAT!?" Tim boomed,
"MATE RELAX!" Teddy yelled, then brought his voice down to a harsh whisper, "Alice is right mate, she would have tried to run after Weasley or something."
"Well, where is she now?" Tim demanded,
"I left her there." Alice said,
"You left her there!?" Tim fumed, Alice rolled her eyes,
"What would you have had me do, Timothy? Drag her out on my back, ensure she was comfortable, run a bath for her, and brush her hair?"
"We have to go and get her!" Tim insisted, ignoring Alice's snarkiness.
"He's right Alice, we don't know that there won't be another search." Teddy said to the girl who grunted in compliance, "and she can't wake up alone there, she won't bloody well know what to do with herself."
"So, we'll go." Tim said.
"So, we go." Teddy agreed.
"So, let's bloody go." Alice snarled.

Olivia woke up completely disoriented, it was pitch black, but she felt as if she was on a cloud. Trying to smooch herself onto her elbows she winced, falling back onto the very comfortable bed she was on.
"Bloody hell," she whispered painfully, looking around she felt around her pockets for her wand, "lumos,"
The room was lit up entirely, and she was puzzled to still not know where she was, none of the room was familiar to her. It was a dormitory, but not one that she'd ever been in. Before she could try and piece together what was happening, a groggy growl cut through the silence.
"Turn off the bloody light, mate!"
"Oh, er—sorry, but I—" Olivia stuttered,
"Olivia! You're awake!" A familiar voice said,
"Wh-who is that?" She asked, heart beating madly.
"It's Tim," Tim said, "Teddy—she's awake!"
"Oh good! It's been hours." She could hear the concern in Teddy's voice. There was a shuffling around her, and she sat herself up—cringing through the pain.
"Hours?" She asked, running her hand through her hair. "What do you mean? What happened, I—ALICE!" Olivia shouted, remembering the girl standing over her.
"Yea... it was what she thought was best. We told her she may have gone a littler overboard..." Teddy trailed off.
"She stupefied me... but to hide me?" Olivia asked, realizing that the Slytherins girl had shown her kindness—in her own way. "Is Fred alright? Do you know? He must be worried sick... I—I've, I should go and—ahh" she whimpered, swinging her legs off the bed. Her abdomen was pulsating, she must've broken a rib, she thought.
"Are you alright?" Tim asked, she felt his hand at her waist, the other on her arm to assist her.
"I just, give me one moment," she held her wand and pointed to her abdomen, "brackium emendo—UGH!" She gasped at the pain, both boys wincing at the snapping sound.
"I really don't think she meant to break anything." Teddy said quickly,
"It's quite alright," she told them, "it may have been from my initial fall—she had nothing to do with."
"Let me take you back to your house." Tim said to her, but she shook her head,
"No, I've really got to find Fred, he's got to be going mad wondering about where I am—but thank you all, really."
"Alright." Tim agreed, Teddy nodding behind him.

It was slow, but Olivia made her way to the fat lady,
"Password," she asked. Olivia bit her lip nervously, she didn't know it. She'd always covered her ear when she and Fred came in, and was unsure.
"I-I don't know it." She stammered,
"Then you can't come in." The Fat Lady told her.
"I know." Olivia sighed, she sat out he floor, her back against one of the stone pillars, "I reckon I'll just wait until he—"
"Olivia?" Harry asked, coming up the stairs behind her, "what are you—? Were you caught?" He asked. Olivia got to her feet, wincing still, Harry watched her concerned.
"I wasn't, but it's a long story I reckon." She told him, "can you?" She asked, tilting her head towards the portrait hole.
"Yea, of course." Harry told her, she covered her ears and watched the portrait swing open.
"I'll talk to you about everything tomorrow?" She asked, beginning to turn away,
"It was Marietta." Harry said crossly, "she was the one who told."
Olivia turned around quickly,
"What?" She asked him, a much more serious tone settling over them. "How do you know?"
"Hermione put a jinx on the list."
"Of course... clever."
"Very." Harry agreed.
"I don't understand why... Cho was there with us... they're still friends."
"Dunno." Harry sighed, she could see the exhaustion in his eyes. Olivia pursed her lips and took a seat on one of the couches.
"Tell me what happened."
—————
Hey everyone! I hope you like this chapter!!
It's a bit longer than the last few, but there was a lot to get through! I hope everyone understands that Tim is really struggling with what he's been told, and what he's "known" as truth for so long—and what he believes is right.
I'm releasing this chapter a day early because it's my birthday Friday and I am pretty busy for the next few days prepping for that.

Thanks so much for reading!