Hogwarts, again

"... now slip me snug about your ears,
I've never yet been wrong,
I'll have a look inside your mind,
And tell where you belong!"
The Great Hall rang with applause as the sorting hat finished.
"I reckon it must be awfully boring to be a hat. It probably spends the whole year writing a new bloody song because this is the most excitement it gets." Olivia whispered to Cho, they both laughed and waited to hear who was sorted into Ravenclaw. They got a two new students, Stewart Acklerley and Orla Quirke. Both seemed nice. Olivia looked up to see Cedric smiling, Hufflepuff had gotten quite the haul of new students and he looked like he was over the moon. She stole a glimpse at the Gryffindor table and saw Fred talking to George and Harry.
"I have only two words to say to you, tuck in." Dumbledore said, as the tables were suddenly filled with food and drinks. Olivia laughed with her friends and ate all that there was to eat,
"I've never been so full in my life." Cho sighed, Marietta and Olivia looked at her and nodded in agreement.
"Mr. Filch, the caretaker, has asked me to tell you that the list of objects forbidden in the castle has this year been extended to include screaming yo-yos, fanged frisbees, and ever-bashing boomerangs. The full list comprises some four hundred and thirty-seven items, I believe, and can be viewed in Mr. Filch's office, if anybody would like to check it out." Dumbledore said, his mouth twitched slightly and Olivia couldn't help but smile. He continued,
"As ever, I would like to remind you all that the Forest in the grounds is out-of-bounds to students, as is the village of Hogsmeade to all below third year. It is also my painful duty to inform you that the inter-house quidditch cup will not take place this year-"
Everyone in the Hall openly voiced their displeasure, Olivia looked at the appalled expressions of Cedric, Cho, Fred, George, and Harry and thanked Merlin that Oliver wasn't at the school anymore. He'd likely have had a heart attack at that announcement. She had felt a pang of disappointment as Cedric had been teaching her to play all summer and she thought she might try out for the Ravenclaw team, but was deeply interested to find out what would be going on instead. Dumbledore continued,
"This is due to an event that will be starting in October, and continuing throughout the school year, taking up much of the teacher's time and energy- but I am sure you will all enjoy it immensely. I have the great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts-"
There was a sudden deafening rumble of thunder and the doors of the Great Hall swung open aggressively. Olivia whipped her head in that direction a saw the rough looking man that stood there. He walked up towards to head table and every other step she could hear a clunk. He looked like every part of him had been burned, or scarred in some way, and he had a piercing electric blue eye that spun quickly in all directions. He walked up and shook the headmasters hand, muttering words to him that Olivia could not hear. He sat down, brought a plate of sausages towards him, raised what was left to his nose and smelled them. Taking a small knife out of his pocket, he stabbed one end of a link and began to eat. His normal eye stayed fixed on the sausage, but the other blue one whirled around restlessly.
"May I introduce out new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Moody." Dumbledore boomed, clapping his hands. Hagrid was the only other person who clapped, leaving a harsh echoing throughout the hall.
"The auror, Mad-Eye Moody?" Cho whispered, Olivia looked at her and nodded slightly.
"I reckon that's him." Marietta answered. Professor Moody took out a flask and took a long swig out of it. Dumbledore cleared his throat,
"As I was saying, we are to have the honour of hosting a very exciting event over the coming months, an event which has not been held in over a century. It is my very great pleasure to inform you that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year."
"You're JOKING!" Fred said loudly, nearly everyone in the hall laughing. Olivia couldn't stop the grin from forming over her mouth, nor the burning of her arm. Grimacing slightly she made eye contact with a very concerned looking Cedric from across the hall and looked down. She began to feel light-headed and the room seemed to not stay quite as still as it once had.
"Cho, Marietta, I'm just not feeling quite well, I think I'd better just go to the common room and lie down." Olivia started to stand up,
"But you'll miss the details of the tournament!" Marietta gasped, Cho beside her nodded her head profusely.
"I reckon you'll have to fill me in then." Olivia pressed her lips into a tight smile, as that was all she could muster and started walking out of the hall as Dumbledore went on the explain the tournament. She had just made it out the doors when she staggered slightly and nearly fell against the wall, but a hand grabbed her arm and pulled her up. She looked up to see who it was,
"Oh erm, hi Roger." She mumbled, "thanks for, helping."
"Are you alright? You look awfully peaky." Roger Davies said, looking the girl over.
"Just... quite, dizzy. Is all..." she felt the ache of her arm and a sudden pang of nausea overcame her, "I just wanted to get to bed." Roger nodded and grabbed her arm more firmly.
"I'll help you get there. It's a long way and I'm afraid you'll hurt yourself."
She nodded, and they walked up the stairs to Ravenclaw tower together,
"Would you like me to get Cedric?" Roger asked her,
"No," she shook her head aggressively, Cedric had been so enthralled with the idea of a tournament that he hadn't noticed her leave and she didn't want to worry him unnecessarily. Roger nodded, they walked in silence the rest of the way.
"The more of this there is, the less you see. What is it?" The eagle asked as they reached the top,
"Oh, uhm, give me a moment- can you repeat?" Roger asked,
"Darkness." Olivia murmured with all the strength left in her. The door opened and she collapsed onto the couches. Roger didn't quite know what to do with the girl, she had fallen either unconscious or asleep and he didn't want to disturb her. After some deliberation, he figured that the best he could do would be to put her to sleep in his dormitory as he could not get up to hers, nor could she manage to get herself up there either. He gingerly picked her up and carried her to his bed, laid her down, and set the covers over her. He then left and returned to the hall.
—————
She woke up to a musty smell, not one that she was entirely used to. She opened her eyes and tried to recount the events from last night, but she was surprised to find herself still in her robes and not in her bed. She sat up and saw three sixth year boys staring at her.
"Excuse me, uhm, I don't reckon you could tell me where I am?" She asked quizzically. They stared at her until Roger stepped into the room.
"Oh! Thank Merlin, you're awake!"
"Yes, but why am I here?" She furrowed her eyebrows and looked at him expectantly,
"Right- so! You were awfully ill, you collapsed and I couldn't get you into your dormitory, so I just let you sleep here."
"And where did you sleep?" She said through clenched teeth, not terribly happy with the way the other boys looked between her and Roger as if something had happened.
"Out in the common room."
"Oh." She felt bad for him, giving up his bed. She slid out of it and walked out of the room as calmly as possible into the common room which, of course, happened to be full of people.
"Olivia? We thought you'd gone to Cedric's..." Cho started, wide-eyed looking at her and Roger.
"Blimey Cho! Nothing happened! Bloody hell, this is a nightmare." She rolled her eyes and stomped up to her own dormitory and took a shower, getting ready for her day and changing into fresh robes. By the time she had reached the Great Hall Cedric had jumped up and walked over to her quickly. He looked her over and pulled her out of the Great Hall.
"Roger Davies?" He asked sternly, curiosity overcoming his good sense.
"Bloody hell," she muttered under her breath, "he walked me up to the tower and I collapsed so he laid me in his bed, he slept in the common room all bloody night! Nothing happened." Someone cleared their throat, she swivelled her head to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione standing in front of them, waiting to get past them and enter the Hall. She felt her face blush, and she and Cedric quickly scurried out of the way.
"I didn't think so, but you know, people talk." Cedric said, his mouth twitching into a grin.
"So then, talk back." She sneered and haughtily sauntered over to the very end of the Ravenclaw table, sitting across from Luna Lovegood and ignoring Cho and Marietta's calls.
"Oi, look over there!" George said, nudging Fred. Fred looked up to see Olivia storm away from Cedric and over to the Ravenclaw table, sitting with Loony Lovegood and not with her friends.
"What do you reckon happened?" Fred asked,
"Apparently there was some confusion about her spending the night with Roger Davies, her and Cedric were having a spat about it outside the hall." Ron said sitting down, leaning over to place food onto his plate.
"What?" Fred asked through clenched teeth,
"Ronald! Really, you shouldn't believe that. She told him she was sick, left the feast early, and collapsed, and that Roger had walked her to the tower let her sleep in his bed, without him in it!" Hermione snapped, defending her friend. Harry nodded along with Hermione and Fred felt himself relax. But even still, how had he not noticed that she had left early last night? He looked up at her, she was now narrowing her eyebrows at Luna, and noticed that she did look quite pale. He looked over to Cedric who had his eyes on her too. Whatever was going on with her, he'd have to figure it out.
—————
Olivia had spent the entirety of the day ignoring the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff houses, not speaking to Cedric, Cho, or Marietta when they tried to talk to her. Me and Roger? She scoffed to herself, get real. Appalled that her friends and Cedric would even question her she had rebuffed their attempts to apologize, needing more than a few hours to cool off. That is how she found herself in the boathouse during lunch, contemplating how much more of Professor Snape she could take after having to get through double potions with him. Defence Against the Dark Arts was next, and she was anxious as the new professor seemed quite rough around the edges. So deep in her thoughts, she hadn't noticed that Fred Weasley had followed her down to the Boathouse and watched her think for quite some time. Fred thought that it was hilarious how oblivious a person could be to their surrounding and walked over quietly, watching as she swung her legs back and forth just over the water, sitting right on the edge.
"Hey!" He yelled, his mouth right at her ear. She was caught so off guard that she jerked forward and fell into the water.
"Oh Merlin! I didn't mean t- I'm so sor- Merlin!" Fred yelped and jumped right in after her, grabbing her hand and pulling her up. The water was quite deep, nearly at her shoulders when she got to standing. Gasping for air, and from the cold of the water that encapsulated her she stared up surprised to see Fred in front of her.
"Blimey Fred, you could have just said hello like a normal bloke." She shivered, he threw his head back and laughed for a moment, putting his head back down he smiled,
"I'm sorry love, but you're alright. I've got you." And he did, he held her safely in his arms. She couldn't help it, she looked straight into his eyes and kissed him suddenly, wrapping her soaked robes around him. The cold of the water took the burning sensation away and she couldn't feel any pain from her arm at all, though she was sure she would see her burns had a fresh red colour again if she looked.She pulled away breathlessly and blushed, however she was so cold by this time that you wouldn't be able to notice. Fred smirked and let her down, so that her feet touched the lakes bottom.
"So, Cedric, Georgie, Me, and Roger I heard. You've been quite busy. Who else are you going after love?" His tone was joking, but Olivia saw through that. He stood there smiling in front of her, but his eyes looked angry.
"Why does it matter?" She replied coolly, "I'm not your girlfriend."
"No, but your Cedric's aren't you?" He asked exasperated, dropping his hands from around her.
"No! I mean-yes! But, you- why does it matter to you?"
"I don't think he'd like to know you were out here snogging other blokes while being his girlfriend! I reckon if it was my girlfriend, I'd never want to see her again!" He yelled at her, she was shocked by his tone and even more so with his words. She stared at him blankly, of course he wouldn't like that. No one would. Everything she had never wanted to hear, or say out loud, Fred Weasley just screamed at her. While they weren't technically dating, Cedric probably wouldn't have appreciated hearing about her and Fred's stolen kisses.
"I suppose you're right." Her tone was so cold that Fred wasn't sure if she was the one who had even spoken, "nothing happened with Roger. And I reckon you don't have to see me again." She waded to the boathouse and pulled herself up, blinking back the tears that threatened to fall. So silly- to cry when you're angry, she thought to herself. She walked quickly as soon as her feet touched the ground and made her way up to the Ravenclaw common room, leaving a trail of water behind her. Fred had stayed in the water, watching her walk away from him and cursing himself for saying anything.
"Bloody idiot." He said to himself, trudging to shore.