Wonder Witch

"Fred, you really don't have to take me through, it's not as if—" Olivia began, laughing as Fred led her through the shop by the hand.
"—I can't believe we haven't shown you the shop yet! When you mentioned that—" Fred babbled, motioning around at all the merchandise.
"—I only said that I didn't know what Pygmy puffs were!" Olivia retaliated, a smile in her voice. Fred stopped, dropping her hand and clutched his chest,
"And what a travesty that is!"
"You're mad." Olivia chuckled, shoving him playfully before something caught her eye. Wordlessly she made her way to the logo and felt a tug at her heart. Wonder Witch, it read. She turned back to Fred, a shocked expression, "you... you remembered?"
She thought back to the memory that she'd kept buried, safe from all the turmoil she'd undergone. She and Fred, when they'd only just started dating, brewing potions in the Astronomy Tower.
"Of course." He said, coming up from behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist. He rested his head on hers and held her close. Olivia felt tears in the corners of her eyes and she turned to face him,
"I can't believe you remembered that... so long ago... and even after you thought I'd died."
"It's all for you, love. Yours. George and I, we, well, we wanted to keep the memory of you... somehow." He cooed, and she held his face softly in her hands. The scars from Umbridge's blood quills, whip, and her unbreakable vow with Cedric in full view against the perfect skin of his face.
"Marry me, Fred Weasley." She said, not a question, but a need.
Fred couldn't hide the shock from his face, he'd had a ring since she'd been found, but couldn't think of an appropriate time to pop the question. She'd gone through so much, and experienced so much trauma, he hadn't wanted to overwhelm her. But here she was, tiny as ever, strong-willed and fragile all at once—and asking him to marry her.
Olivia tried to read his expression, and was deeply self-conscious about the look of surprise he had on his face. Perhaps it's too soon, she thought, she was too broken and he must've been unsure because of that. Taking her hands off of his face she cleared her throat and started to pull away,
"Sorry—I—I don't know what I was thinking, I, you, probably have some reservations and—" she stammered, feeling an embarrassed blush creep up her neck. She stopped abruptly when Fred grabbed her hands in mid-air and held them lovingly,
"Of course I'll marry you, love." He smiled, and she couldn't contain her elation, wrapping her arms around him and pulling him into a passionate kiss. When she pulled away he frowned, "I must say though, that I'd had a plan and everything, for a proposal."
"You did?" Olivia asked, genuine curiosity shining in her eyes. Fred nodded,
"That's right."
"Well I'm sorry that I stepped on your toes, Weasley." Olivia winked, kissing him between words.
"S'alright love, but I'll be doing something special at the wedding." He smirked,
"Something wild?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.
"the wildest."
———
"Aaaand what exactly, might I ask, were the two of you doing down in the shop for so long?" George grinned wickedly, watching his brother and Olivia—disheveled as ever—look at each other awkwardly. They'd just come up from the shop tour Fred insisted on, but it had taken suspiciously longer than he'd anticipated. "You lot can't just shag everywhere, you know. People work down there, and you're not wild animals."
"It wasn't, er, we weren't just—well," Olivia stammered, face a bright shade of red.
"Look, mate. Accio ring," Fred said, and a box flew out of their bedroom and into his hands. He started to open it—to George's surprise—and reached for Olivia's left hand, "we got engaged."
"But I thought you had a whole plan—?" George started,
"—I asked him," Olivia clarified,
"That she did! Beat me to it." Fred sighed, fitting the ring on Olivia and showing her.
Olivia looked down while the boys chattered to each other, it was beautiful. A very simple, solitary stone—light blue—and a silver band. There were diamonds on either side of the stone, snugly sitting against it. She'd never seen anything so beautiful.
"I really love it." She said out loud, Fred and George stopped talking and watched her admire the ring on her hand.
"I'm glad love, because," Fred leaned over and gave her a quick kiss, "I really love you."
"Are you going to tell the family?" George asked, Olivia looked up at him.
"I really ought to tell mine first... perhaps, tomorrow?" She turned to Fred who nodded in agreement, "or maybe... I don't want to take away from Bill and Fleur..."
"I reckon it won't, Olive." George explained, "they're getting married in just a month or so, and I don't think it'll matter much to them."
"I'm with Georgie on that one, love." Fred agreed.
"Alright well, then, I reckon tomorrow we'll tell everyone?" Olivia asked, both boys nodded in agreement.
———
"Of course, we're delighted to hear that Olivia!" Her mother told her,
"We're a bit surprised—but happy for both of you." Her father said,
"It's not a bit soon, Olive? Considering you only just got back to real life?" Oliver asked,
"Mum, dad, yes—I know it's soon, but we've been together for such a long while and this was just, well, it was right. Oliver, you know exactly how Freds and my relationship has been, it's not a rash decision." Olivia explained to her family. She and Fred had appeared that morning, and the news was taken—not terribly by any means—but, her family was quite surprised.
"When Olivia asked me yesterday, I was just as surprised as you all are now, because, well, she's gone through so much and had so much happen. I've never wanted anything more than to share my life with your daughter—er, and sister—and I'll never do anything to harm her. If she says she's alright, I trust her. This is what we want to do." Fred said, finally having the courage to speak up.
"She asked you?" Oliver asked,
"You asked him?" Preston questioned,
"Yes, but never mind that," Olivia sighed, waving them off, "this is what we want to do, and I need you all to get onboard."
"Of course we're onboard darling. We only want you to be happy, and Fred," Anna spoke in a soft tone, "we're delighted to welcome you into the family."
Olivia beamed up at her family, then turned to Fred,
"I reckon we ought to tell the Weasleys' then." She smiled,
"I reckon we shall." He returned the smile, but felt nervousness in the pit of his stomach.
———
"YOU'RE WHAT!?" Mrs. Weasley screamed, tears falling down her face from the sheer joy of it. Fred and Olivia had appeared at the Burrow unexpectedly, both seemed nervous. They'd had everyone sit down in the living room and then Fred told them all that he and Olivia had gotten engaged.
"Engaged!" Arthur boomed happily, "well done, you two!"
"Couldn't be happier! Congratulations!" Ginny shouted, wrapping Olivia in a hug, "welcome to the family, Olivia!"
"Th-thank you!" Olivia stumbled over her words, trying to discern whether Mrs. Weasley was upset or happy.
"Congratulations, both of you!" Ron told them, before Molly spoke again.
"I couldn't be more delighted!" The Weasley matriarch wept, Olivia and Fred both let out the breath they'd been holding out in relief, before being squeezed by Molly in—what Olivia thought was—the tightest hug ever. "When will the wedding be?"
Olivia and Fred looked at one another and shrugged,
"We hadn't really given it much thought mum." Fred replied,
"We only just got engaged last night..." Olivia added.
"But, won't it be soon?" Mrs. Weasley asked,
"I don't think so?" Olivia questioned, looking towards Fred.
"It doesn't need to be a rush, plus, Bill and Fleur are getting married soon anyway!" Fred quipped. Mrs. Weasley scowled at the mention of Fleur's name.
After a very long, and very unnecessary, conversation determining that no, they didn't need to get married right away, Fred and Olivia made their way back home.
"Your mom doesn't quite like Fleur, does she?" Olivia asked as they entered the flat. Fred smirked,
"What tipped you off?"
"She was always quite kind to Cedric and I..." Olivia pursed her lips,
"She's an acquired taste. It's just mum and Ginny that don't fancy her." Fred explained, "the rest of us don't care."
"Or," Olivia surmised with an eyebrow raise, "the rest of you are men and distracted by how beautiful she is."
"Beautiful, who is?" George asked, walking out of his room and into the common area.
"Fleur." Olivia said,
"She's not bad to look at, at all." George shrugged, sitting down at the table.
"I rest my case." Olivia said while rolling her eyes. "Supper time, you reckon?"
"That'd be lovely." Fred answered, wrapping his arms around her waist and giving her a quick kiss on the head. He watched as Olivia started manually grabbing pots and pans from the drawers, "still no magic allowed?"
Olivia shook her head, "no, I reckon not, but I have a check-up tomorrow. So we'll see then."
"Alright, my Wonder Witch," he whispered into her ear, "do you want me to come?"
"I think you've missed enough work, Fred. I'll be okay." She smiled, softly pushing him away so she could get started on the food.
"Do you have to go to Hogwarts?" George asked, Olivia shook her head again,
"No, they have me set up with a healer at St. Mungo's."
—————
This one was a bit shorter, but, pretty happy!

As always, I hope you guys enjoy reading!!

Next update probably won't be until early next week—I have midterms, and am moving into a new place over the weekend!