Unbreak My Heart

*trigger warning—there's assault in this chapter, so if you need to—skip it!*
—————
"Olivia, wait up!" Hermione called, running through the corridor after Olivia.
"Sure," Olivia said, turning to her friend. "What do you need?"
"I was wondering—if you didn't mind terribly— would you mind helping me with some lesson plans for Hagrid?" Hermione asked, shifting on the balls of her feet.
"Lesson plans?"
"Umbridge is trying to get him axed!"
"But he only just returned." Olivia said, crossing her arms over her chest.
"But he needs the help—I won't let him be fired, even if I have to do all his lesson plans myself!"
"I'll help you." Olivia nodded,
"You will?" Hermione beamed,
"Yes."
———
Olivia found herself trudging down to Hagrid's in two feet of snow the following Sunday, with Hermione. She stood shivering while Hermione knocked on the door, and they were both ushered in. Olivia hadn't spent much time with Hagrid, and not a lot of time in his home, but found it to be warm and cozy. She put her parchment and quills down,
"I do have to let you know, Hermione," she whispered, "I did stop taking this class a while ago... so I'll try my very best but..."
"I know," Hermione said, "but I appreciate the help."
"Wer learnin' 'bout thestrals, next week." Hagrid told the girls,
"What are thestrals?" Hermione asked,
"They're magical creatures... they're invisible—unless..." Olivia trailed off,
"Unless what?" Hermione asked again,
"Unless you've seen someone die." Olivia sighed, "I—I can't see them, but Luna can."
"Oh... are there pictures? Or drawings, of what they look like?" Hermione wondered, Olivia nodded,
"They look like skeletons, sort of. Like horse skeletons."
"They're gentle." Hagrid said, seeing the look of fear on Hermione's face.
"He's right, they are. People just treat them badly because they, well, they're a bit ghastly to look at—and you can only do so when you've seen someone die." Olivia explained quickly, opening her Care of Magical Creatures text. "Let's get started, shall we?"
———
The two girls trudged back up the hill together, Olivia scowling at the amount of snow covering the ground. Hermione turned to her friend,
"I—I don't mean to pry, but... why did you break up with Fred? Was it because he mentioned Cedric?"
Olivia turned to Hermione, regarding her friend and sighing before gesturing for her to follow. Olivia led Hermione to a bench, just outside of the castle, and sighed,
"It wasn't that he brought up Cedric. I know Cedric's gone. I know that he's not coming back—I know that. But he didn't trust that I love him." Olivia tried her best, but couldn't keep her eyes from watering—she quickly wiped her eyes on the sleeve of her robe. "I—he was disrespectful, and so was I. He yelled, I yelled, but I— it was as if he thought I was crazy, like everyone did during the Third Task before Cedric..."
"Died." Hermione finished, Olivia looked up and nodded glumly,
"I sleep in his sweater, I can't sleep without it, isn't that ridiculous?"
"In Cedric's?" Hermione asked,
"No," Olivia shook her head, "Fred's."
"You still love him." Hermione said, almost as a question, but with a certainty to it. Olivia nodded in accord.
"He has a place in my heart that no one else could ever have."
Olivia stood up, waving her friend goodbye and making her way up to the Ravenclaw Common Room. Hermione watched her go, wondering how such a clever girl could be so daft.
———
"She's brilliant." Fred said in awe. It was the Ravenclaw - Hufflepuff match, and Olivia's very first quidditch game. She wasn't lying when she said she was as good as Oliver, but Fred hadn't imagined that she was that good.
"She's the best one." George agreed, watching. While it was hard watching a quidditch match after having been ban for life, Fred could talk about nothing except for the fact that it was her very first game, and she would be there for him if the roles were reversed. Olivia scored the most, Davies was a close second, but Cho caught the snitch before Olivia could score again. She flew down the pitch and hugged Cho, jumping up and down happily.

"You were brilliant!" Cho screamed to Olivia, hugging her tightly. Olivia felt her teammates all around her, clapping and celebrating joyfully. She clutched Cedric's broom in her hand and looked up at the stands, she saw the fiery red hair of Fred and George Weasley, unmistakably. He was too far away for her to make out his face, but she saw he was wearing a dark blue jumper—Ravenclaw colours— and felt her chest flutter. Turning back to her teammates she smiled, albeit superficially, wishing that Cedric could have seen her.
"Great job, Wood!" Roger shouted, interrupting her thoughts, and patting her on the back proudly.
"You're not so bad yourself, Davies." She laughed, turning to him. She was pulled along with Cho up to the Ravenclaw House, bombarded by the cheers of her classmates when she entered. There were silver and blue streamers in the air all around her, firewhiskey and butterbeer freely flowing. Olivia was standing next to Cho when Roger stumbled over to them, tipsy and his breath reeking of alcohol.
"The stars of the team!" He yelled, throwing his hands up in the air—staggering in the process. Olivia chortled, watching the usually calm and poised Roger bumbling about like a buffoon. She raised her eyebrow to Cho who was trying not to laugh. He turned to Cho Chang, eyes hopeful, "Cho, y-you don't think-k that I c-could take you out-t s-s-sometime?" He stammered,
Cho blushed, looking down to her butterbeer,
"Oh, Roger, I'm sorry, but—I don't think that'll be possible." Cho genially, looking up awkwardly from her drink. Roger's face fell slightly before he nodded,
"Right—well, I guess I'd better check and see how the rest of the team is doing." He said, before turning away swiftly. Cho looked mortified, and Olivia tried to contain her laughter.
"I just—I don't like him." Cho explained, face blushing like mad, "not, like that."
"He's certainly no Harry Potter, that's for sure." Olivia smirked, Cho looking panicked,
"H-how did you know?" She stammered,
"Because I know you." Olivia quipped, "and you ought to do something about it."
"And you ought to forgive Fred," Cho told her friend. Olivia gripped the glass she had in her hand tighter, and walked away before Cho could say anymore. She downed the remnants of the firewhiskey in her glass, just as Duncan Inglebee passed her,
"Great job today Wood!" He smiled, lifting the bottle in his hand full of firewhiskey, "would you like anymore?"
"Sure." Olivia replied monotonously, letting him pour much more than he should have. She hadn't had anything to drink since the Quidditch World Cup with Cedric. She drained the glass, the taste tart on her tongue. She wanted to drink away Cedric, to drink away Fred, just for one night—even just for a few hours. She wondered what life would be like without them, if she'd never met them, if she'd never loved either.

"Wood, are you alright?" Justin asked her, she was holding onto the wall as if it was the only thing keeping her upright.
"Mhmm, mm'fine." She slurred, smiling politely. She was ninety percent certain that the room was spinning, and she knew that if she didn't hold to the wall she'd fall.
"Here, you probably need some air." He said, pulling her arm over his shoulders and exiting the common room with her. The night was dark, barely any stars to be seen, and Olivia stumbled—as much as Justin was trying to keep her steady. She felt like she could breath again, once out of the crowded common room and on the landing, turning to look out the large cathedral windows at the indigo sky.
"Thank you, I—" she had turned to say that she did need air, but Justin had crushed his lips into hers, pulling her close by the shoulders, as she struggled to break free. "Justin, NO! Stop—I—! STOP!" She screamed against his mouth, turning her head away from him. He was still pressed against her face, the saliva from his mouth coating her cheek. She was much smaller than he was, his arms stronger than hers, and she couldn't break away—thrashing madly against him, trying to loosen his grip.
"You're fine, you don't have to pretend that you don't fancy me," he said smugly, whispering against her ear—she shivered.
"GET OFF OF ME!" She shrieked, hot tears running down her face. She was hysterical, crying and exerting every ounce of strength to pull away from him. He met her lips again, and the only thing she could think to do was bite.
"OW! Bloody hell, Olivia!" He cried, pushing her away. She fell violently to the ground, sharp pain running up her arms and legs. Feeling every pocket she realized, to her horror, that she was wandless—having put it away before the match and been too distracted by the festivities to notice. She had the metallic taste of blood in her mouth, making her dry-heave with the recognition that it was his.
"Oi! What the bloody hell is happening here!?" She heard, and turned her head quickly to see Fred storming over—wand out towards Justin. He looked at Olivia quickly, her mouth was bloody and her face wet from spilt tears. She watched the expression on Fred's face go from confusion to a fury that she never realized he was capable of. "You get the hell away from her. Don't ever touch her again." He didn't sound like himself—he sounded dark, serious, and utterly terrifying. Justin nodded—speechless— before attempting to escape. Fred was quick with the jinx, Olivia hadn't even heard him cast it, but Justin fell to the floor with a loud 'thud.'
Fred turned to Olivia—still on the ground—and scooped her up into his arms, walking them both away from the Ravenclaw common room. He had a hard expression on his face, and she watched him in silent awe as he looked forward, not so much as glancing at her. They made the journey noiselessly until they reached the portrait,
"Mimbulus mimbletonia." He said sternly, barely moving his jaw. She hid her surprise—he hadn't told her to cover her ears or anything. They entered the Gryffindor Common Room, but there was no one in sight, and Fred carried her to the boys dormitory bathroom. He placed her down on the counter, then sauntered over to the shower—running the water before walking past her.
"I'll be right back." He told her, before leaving the room. She turned and saw her reflection, her skin nearly translucent in its paleness and her mouth red in stark contrast. She inspected her face and neck to find herself littered with blue and purple fingerprints, hickies, and bruises. She grimaced, turning away from herself—disgusted with what she saw.Fred came back, towels and a fresh pair of clothes in hand. He handed them to her and left the shower door ajar— steam filling the room, calling to her like a siren. He gave her a small nod before walking away. She jumped off of the counter and reached for his hand as he passed her.
"Stay." She said, her voice barely audible. Fred turned to her and she took two very slow steps towards him. Dropping his hand she pulled her jumper off, then stripped the rest of her clothes off, standing in front of Fred in only her underclothes. She pulled into him, gingerly rolling his shirt up.
He lifted his arms, and she peeled his shirt off of him, moving to his belt. She worked it off carefully, unlatching the button and unzipping his fly. His hand went to hers, stopping her from going any further. She glanced up at him,
"Are you sure?" He asked, his voice soft.
"Be with me." She whispered strongly, her eyes pleading into his. He moved away from her, grabbing a washcloth and stepping out of his pants, he sauntered over to the shower—running the washcloth under and then moved towards her again.
"Close your eyes." He smiled, half of his mouth curved up. She obliged and felt the warmth of the cloth running over her eyes, cheeks, lips, and neck. The next thing she felt were Fred's lips on hers, and his hands around her, unclasping her bra.
He kissed her gently, moving his lips along her neck, planting tender kissing across her sternum and down her abdomen until he was kneeling in front of her. She opened her eyes when he stopped kissing—just below her navel— and looped his thumbs into her knickers on either side of her hips. She nodded ardently, lust pulling at her as he stripped them away, leaving her exposed to him in every way. He started kissing her stomach again, moving lower slowly, desire rippling through her madly. He looked up at her, the steam now coating both of their bodies in a light dew. She angled her hips forward slightly, closer to his mouth, and he watched her longingly before continuing his kisses, moving them lower and lower—hitting the sensitive skin of her inner thighs—until she caught her breath, unable to keep the burning need for him at bay.
"Relax, love." He cooed, "it's me." Olivia nodded obediently, closing her eyes and breathing.
He gave her everything, everything that he could give, and Olivia gasped, the pleasure mounting in ceaseless layers. He had such exuberant manner, a low moan emanating from his chest as she convulsed into him—writhing in delicious agony as he revelled in his earned triumph. A wave of euphoria washed over her, overloading all of her senses. Her hair clung to her face with sweat and steam as she shuddered, letting herself fall to her knees in front of him.
Breathless, she held his face, pushing her lips into his, wanting every part of him as close as possible for as long as possible. He pulled her up with him as he stood, sliding out of his boxers, and pulling her legs up around his waist. He walked them into the shower, obtaining a low moan from her as the hot water hit her back and his lips found her jaw.
"I miss you," he drawled, low and husky into her ear.
"I always need you." She whispered, twisting her fingers into his hair.

She laid with her head between his chest and arm, both of their backs against the cotton sheets of his bed. His fingers were interlaced with hers, he was studying her palm as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. She smiled as she turned, nuzzling his neck. She reached her arm around him, feeling a lace object in her hand on the other side of him. Quizzically, she pushed herself up, mortified to find a lacy pair of knickers in her hand—knickers that were not hers. She retched, dropping them onto where Fred lay and and shook her head quickly.
"M-Merlin, I-I'm—sorry, I—blimey." She sputtered, swinging her legs off of his bed and hopping off.
"Love—what? These—?"
"Are not mine!" She snapped in outrage—a sudden jealousy sweeping over her. She kept her voice low so as not to wake up the other occupants of the room.
"But—these aren't mine!" He shout-whispered, reaching out for her arm. Olivia tore her arm away,
"I bloody well know those aren't yours, they're obviously Katies—or someone's! But I—I don't—just don't touch me!"
"They aren't—I haven't—!"
"Then why are they in your bed, Weasley?" She growled, the anger in her voice wavering as she felt her heart crack, "I—I just, I know we weren't together, but—I just—I thought that, well—"
"Wood—"
"—never mind what I thought." She said, turning away from him. She ignored every plea, running as quickly as possible out of the Gryffindor House and before she knew it—she hadn't made her way to her dorm, but down to the Hufflepuff one. Tapping the barrels absentmindedly, she made her way in, and up to where she'd spent so many nights.
—————
SORRY IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE I UPDATED.
It's been crazy with online school— I'm posting two chapters today!