Holidays

The holidays were approaching and Olivia spent every minute that she had free studying in the library with Hermione. She'd been anxious to go the Hogsmeade again because not only did she owe Fred Weasley a jumper, but an umbrella now too. He'd laughed when she told him she had lost it, he teased her about her "lack of respect for other people's things" and she felt so badly that she couldn't eat for days after. They hadn't spoken about what had happened before the quidditch game, both pretending it had never happened and carried on just being friendly. Oliver seemed to perk up as well soon after the Quidditch game, he'd been a drill sergeant to the Gryffindors. Olivia would see them in the halls all muddied up and exhausted from practice. On several occasions, she had to duck out of the way as Fred and George tried to hug her while still all muddy. Cedric had also been studying for O.W.L's and practicing quidditch, so she had rarely seen him in the past weeks. So, there she was, night after night madly reading and studying with Hermione.
"Merlin Hermione! Just how many classes are you taking? That pile of books is mad." Olivia harshly whispered, peering around to ensure Madame Pince wasn't around to shush her. Hermione glanced up and huffed at Olivia slightly,
"Enough."
Olivia rolled her eyes and laid her head down on the table, she started going cross-eyed after her fourth hour of studying Arithmancy. She scooted her seat back, soliciting a glare from Madame Pince at the screech the legs made against the floor, and mumbled a goodbye to Hermione. She made her way up to the Ravenclaw tower as it was almost curfew and she did not want to be late. The teachers had been particularly on edge since Black's attempt at attacking Harry and Olivia herself did not want to risk anything either. She had no time to scream when a hand wrapped around her arm and yanked her into a broom closet.
"SHHHH" a very loud voice attempted to whisper, hand covering Olivia's mouth. She whimpered, unsure of what was happening, if she was soon going to die, or what she should do. There was only one thing to do. She bit the hand that was over her mouth. Hard.
"BLIMEY! Love, what was that for?" The voice said again, pulling his hand away quickly. A Weasley, she thought, she'd know that voice anywhere.
"Fred!?" She whisper-shouted,
"Yes! Merlin, that hurts!"
"Well what did you expect? You accosted me in the hallway- in the dark!" She reprimanded him, feeling bad that she hurt him, but felt it was ultimately his own fault. But he put his hand over her mouth again, and whispered- a real whisper, "shh"
She was about to tear his hand away from her face, but she heard a "meow" and footsteps. Not wanting her first detention, especially with filch, she let Fred keep his hand over her mouth and kept her breathing quiet and regulated.
"What are we going to do?" Olivia hissed,
"Well love, we're going to wait until Filch and Mrs. Norris are gone."
So they sat, and waited.
"Lumos," Fred spoke softly, and lowered his, now lit, wand to a bit of parchment. Olivia glanced at it and saw that there were people and footsteps on it. People she knew, and the entire school was on it, not to mention some secret corridors and then she zeroed in on her own name, in a broom cupboard, with Frederick Weasley.
"What... what is that?" She spoke hushed and peered over Fred's shoulder.
"It's mine and Georgie's guardian angel. The secret to our success. The Marauders Map." He said that last part triumphantly. Olivia stared at him, through the light of the wand she was suddenly very aware of the fact that they were pressed together, faces inches apart. She looked straight into his eyes and noticed the flecks of gold in his brown eyes. She didn't speak. Not when he moved to face her more, not when he placed his hand on her face, not when he pulled her face a touch closer, and not when the closet opened suddenly by a very flustered George Weasley.
"OH-uhm, mate, I'm sorry. Oliv-I, oh Merlin!" He stuttered, while the two pulled apart. Olivia didn't look at either of them, or turn around when she heard Fred call her name. She ran up as quietly and quickly as possible and bounded into the Ravenclaw common room. She looked down at the faint red marks on her right hand quizzically, and sat on the couches. Her hand faintly burned and she racked her brain to figure out what from as she hadn't cast any spells that day. Not wanting to think about Fred either, or what might've happened, and overburdened with guilt about Cedric she sat on the couch wondering what to do. She was awake until the sunrise, and hadn't noticed until Cho came down to the common room. Seeing Olivia on the couch deep in thought, and knowing that she hadn't come to bed last night Cho raised her eyebrow and sauntered over.
"What's wrong?" She asked nonchalantly. Olivia looked up, startled.
"N-nothing. I think. I don't know. I've been here all night, I'm so tired. I've got to get some sleep." She stood up and smiled at Cho.
"But, Olivia, it's Hogsmeade today." Cho said surprised, wondering what could possibly distract Olivia so much that she had forgotten about that. Olivia furrowed her brows,
"Oh. Just go without me. I don't need anything."
With that Olivia strode up the stairs, lied in bed, and slept. She slept for two days. Refusing the get out of bed for every meal and spending the entire weekend in her dormitory. Even when Cho and Marietta brought Oliver and Cedric into the common room and they shouted to her, her guilt kept her in bed, covers over her head waiting for Monday.
—————
Monday came and the holidays had started. Olivia had Oliver meet her at her dorm and they set off to the train straight from there. She told him she was ill and couldn't see anyone, so like the good older brother he was, he refused to let anyone into their train compartment. Oliver knew that something was wrong, and wanted to ask Olivia about, specifically because Fred Weasley had been moping about as well around the school and during quidditch and he knew that something had to have happened between the two. But deciding that it would be best left alone for now, he kept his sister away from prying eyes.
The two stepped onto platform 9 3/4's and hugged their mother and father. Olivia's mother mouthing "what's wrong?" After taking on glance at the girl, Oliver simply shrugged.
—————
"So are you going to talk about what happened between you and Weasley?" Oliver ventured, watching as his sister dropped the clothes she was putting away. They fell in a soft clump to the ground, and she whirled around to face Oliver, terror in her eyes.
"H-he told you!?" She cried, falling onto her bed and curling into a ball. Oliver had guessed correctly.
"No." He said simply, looking at his nails. Olivia sat up abruptly and eyes widened, then narrowed onto Oliver.
"What." Her teeth clenched. Oliver tried not to smirk.
"He was acting just as sulky as you Liv, and I've seen you two around. I notice when you're upset, honestly you're an open book."
She put her hands over her face and looked at Oliver, her eyes shifting darkly for a moment before speaking,
"He tried to kiss me." Her voice was very small.
"WHAT!? That bloody git, I'll k-"
"AND, I didn't stop him." She interrupted Oliver, speaking the last part in practically a whisper, "I don't know what came over me. We were in a cupboard, hiding from Filch, and he leaned into me, and oh Merlin- if Cedric knew he'd be so disappointed in me. I'm disappointed in me, I'm bl-" this time Oliver interrupted her.
"Liv, relax. You're allowed a mistake or two. Certainly lots of girls have tried to snog Cedric and I'm sure he hasn't had the strength to fight them off every time. And you really didn't technically do anything."
"But I don't want to be let off on a technicality." Olivia cried, sinking into her bed and wishing it would swallow her whole.
"So tell Cedric about it, or don't. I don't think it much matters to him anyways. You don't love Weasley, you love Cedric. And I need Fred on his A-game if we're going to win the cup this year!"
"Yes, that's right." Olivia wavered, only for a minute, then straightened up, "I love Cedric."
—————
The rest of the break went well, Olivia had gotten a lot of beautiful gifts and she had given Cedric a broom repair kit that he loved. He had given her a new set of quills, and a silver ring. A promise ring, he called it. She smiled when she looked at it on the train, her fingers were interlaced with Cedric's and he was sleeping on her shoulder. She looked across at Oliver, napping with his mouth open and stifled a giggle, not wanting to wake Cedric up.

Fred passed by her compartment and saw her smiling across at Oliver, who was asleep. But his gaze fell to where her hands were interlaced with Cedric, a shiny silver ring on her finger. He ducked his head and walked away, trying to ensure she didn't see him.
—————
"Cedric!" Olivia laughed, "I don't know why we have to rush about!"
"Liv, Harry's got a firebolt and I want to congratulate him on it- not to mention see it!" Cedric chirped excitedly, Olivia laughed but stopped short when she saw Hermione's face. Pulling her hand away from Cedric she sat beside the girl.
"Hermione, what's wrong?" Hermione looked up at Olivia and glared towards Harry,
"Ron thinks his bloody rat was eaten by Crookshanks! And now they've both" she motioned to Ron and Harry, "well, they've both decided to cut me out!"
Olivia felt sorry for the girl, and overheard Cedric gushing,
"- a really superb replacement for your Nimbus Harry..."
"Come sit with us." Olivia smiled as she pulled Hermione away from the Gryffindor table. She practically had to drag Cedric away from the broom and they all walked to the Ravenclaw table. Oliver raised his eyebrow to George when he saw Fred staring longingly at his sister. George cleared his throat and nudged Fred in the room.
"Bloody hell! Why'd you go and do that for?" Fred exclaimed, George simply looked over to Oliver who still had his eyebrow raised. Fred quickly looked down and continued eating. Oh Olive, what have you gotten yourself into, Oliver thought to himself.
—————
The Gryffindor/Ravenclaw game was as exciting as ever to watch, Cedric gripped Olivia's hand tightly every time he a bludger was thrown, or any time he saw the snitch pointing and shouting at it like an exuberant child. And Lee Jordan seemed to be having the time of his life commentating on the game.
"Gryffindor lead by eighty points to zero, and look at that Firebolt go! Potter's really putting it through its paces now. See it turn- Chang's Comet is just no match for it. The Firebolt's precision-balance is really noticeable in these long-"
"JORDAN! ARE YOU BEING PAID TO ADVERTISE FIREBOLTS? GET ON WITH THE COMMENTARY!" McGonagall's voice boomed over the speaker, eliciting chuckles from the entire stadium.
"Come on Cho! Get the snitch!" Olivia shouted, Cedric cheered beside her, both hoping that their friend would find it before Harry. She heard her brother screaming,
"HARRY, THIS IS NO TIME TO BE A GENTLEMAN! KNOCK HER OFF HER BROOM IF YOU HAVE TO!"
Olivia's eyes widened, Oliver really could get competitive. She saw three hooded figures at the end of the pitch, Cho had stopped going for the snitch and Harry pointed his wand and shouted something at them, a silvery spell streaming out and towards them.
"Are those dementors?" Cedric asked Olivia, she turned to him,
"Was that a Patronus Charm?"
Harry was still flying, as if nothing had happened and finally managed to close his fingers around the small golden snitch. It was bedlam trying to get back to the castle, the Gryffindor's had gone mad with celebration. It was as if they had already won the house cup. Olivia and Cedric tried to move through the castle without getting pushed, stepped, or spilled on, nearly falling into the Hufflepuff common room. She and Cedric talked about the match for hours, both excitedly reminding the other about something that had happened. As it turns out, the 'dementors' had been Draco Malfoy and some other Slytherin, playing a cruel joke on Harry.
"Oh, I don't want to leave." Olivia sighed, running her fingers through Cedric's hair. He looked at her.
"Then don't."
Olivia pursed her lips,
"What do you mean?"
"I mean," he straightened himself up, "stay here with me."
Olivia furrowed her eyebrows suspiciously,
"I don't mean anything by it!" Cedric said, arms raised in innocence, "but you can sleep in my dormitory with me, and we can just sleep."
Olivia thought about it and then looked straight into his eyes smiling, "Why not!"
She fell asleep with Cedric, his arms around her and her face resting on his chest. Falling asleep to the sound of his heartbeat she drowsily slurred, "iloveyou" he pulled her in closer and they fell asleep.
And for the first time ever, Olivia dreamt about Fred.