Woods' Wizard Wheezes

"Wood, you're rubbish at this dating thing." Fred frowned at her. Olivia sat cross legged in the astronomy tower, in front of a brewing cauldron.
"Well, you said you wanted me to help you." She yawned stretching her arms above her head, it was late in the evening and she watched the stars sparkle above before turning her attention back to the redhead in front of her.
"But, this is work. Not a date."
"We're spending time together." She maintained, a load groan escaped Fred's mouth.
"But I had a plan, Wood!"
"And this is my plan." She smiled, "come and sit down." She motioned to the spot beside her.
"Alright," he relented, throwing his hands up in defeat. "What are you doing anyways?"
"We," she corrected, "are ensuring that people won't ever bleed themselves to death because of your damned concoctions!"
"Our damned concoctions," he smirked, Olivia rolled her eyes.
He was sitting so close to her, she could feel the heat emanating from his body. His scent washed over her as she stirred the potion, feeling the slow creep of a blush creep up her neck.
"You two ought to add some love potions or something," she said absentmindedly, trying to take her attention away from herself.
"Love potions?"
"Yes, I think they'd be a big seller. You know, with witches." She waved her hand in the air, as if it was obvious.
"I suppose..." Fred tossed the idea around in his head, wondering why they hadn't thought about it before.
"I just reckon, I wouldn't ever skive off lessons, nor do I want any sort of sweet that turns my head into a canary— but a love potion... I know a lot of girls in my year that would love to have one of those."
"And yourself?"
"After that disaster with the Amortentia?" She asked incredulously, "I don't want anything to do with them."
"But you just said—"
"What I said was, I think they'd be a big seller." She insisted.
"You're a wonder, Wood."
"Wonder Witch." She whispered suddenly,
"Pardon?"
"Call it your 'Wonder Witch' line."
"Wonder Witch..." Fred nodded slowly, churning the idea around in his mind. "You've really got a knack for this stuff, Wood."
"Maybe." She said, adding fluxweed into the cauldron.
"What is it you're wanting to be, with all your owls anyways?" Fred asked, realizing that she'd never spoken about the future with him, and he had no idea what she wanted to do. She looked up and him and shrugged,
"I dunno. Probably end up at the Ministry of Magic." She started stirring counterclockwise,
"Doing what?"
"Who knows."
"There's nothing you really want to do?" Fred asked, shocked that a girl who was as smart and driven as her could not know what she wanted.
"Not that I can remember." She shrugged again. She was lying, of course—she'd always wanted to be a physician, but couldn't bear the thought anymore after not being able to save Cedric. "Cedric always used to say 'I reckon you could work at Gringott's— you're so serious all the time,' like a goblin. Funny, isn't it? He wanted to run off and play Quidditch..."
Fred watched her, carefully stirring clockwise, and adding precise amounts of ingredients into the mixture.
"It's done." She said with a smile, a deep pride bubbling up inside her. She clapped her hands together and beamed up at him. Fred smiled back, a sudden shot through his heart at the sight of her. "You'll be able to stop the bleeding now, at any time."
"Brilliant," he gushed, "you're brilliant."
She became highly aware of his proximity to her, and felt intoxicated by his presence. He lifted his hand to her face—his touch like stars dancing across her skin. She leaned into him slowly, closing her eyes, and pushing her lips against his shyly. His lips met hers gently, moving to the rhythm of their hearts. There was nothing in the world left except for the two of them, Olivia was sure of it, but nonetheless she pulled away reluctantly and chuckled lightly through a smile,
"Thank you. You're quite brilliant yourself— even if you only managed three owls."
"Was that a joke!?" He laughed, "did you really just make a joke!?"
"Perhaps." She said coyly, sitting herself back down. She stared out of the tower, "beautiful isn't it?" She asked, staring out at the stars.
"Yes." Fred said breathlessly, staring at her.
———
"You lot had an inspected lesson yet?" Olivia heard Fred ask. The question had been directed to Harry, Ron, and Hermione— Olivia had just sauntered over to the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall, yanking the toast in Fred's hand away from him and taking a bite.
"Oi, that was mine!" He chirped, reaching towards it. She shot her arm away, and tried to listen to what everyone was saying.
"No, have you?" Hermione asked,
"Just now, before lunch," said George, "charms."
"What was it like?" Harry and Hermione asked together. Fred shrugged, seemingly forgetting about the toast that Olivia munched on happily.
"Not that bad. Umbridge just lurked in the corner taking notes on a clipboard. You know what Flitwick's like, he treated her like a guest, didn't seem to bother him at all. She didn't say much. Asked Alicia a couple questions about what the classes are normally like, Alicia told her they were really good, that was it.
"I can't see old Flitwick getting marked down," said George, "he usually gets everyone through their exams all right."
"Who've you got this afternoon?" Fred asked Harry.
"Trelawney, and Umbridge herself." Harry muttered,
"Well, be a good boy and keep your temper with Umbridge today." George scolded jokingly, "Angelina'll do her nut if you miss any more Quidditch practices."
"What about you, Olivia? Have you had any inspected lessons?" Hermione asked, Olivia nodded.
"Yes, Ancient Runes, and my Potions class. Snape wasn't too keen on it, but he's not really keen on anything." She reached for the glass in front of Fred and took a sip. Standing up abruptly, she ruffled his hair, "there's Finnegan coming, so I reckon I'm going to head to my next class."
As she made her way out of the hall the rest of the table leaned in towards Fred,
"You two looked cozy." Ron said,
"Are you together?" Hermione asked,
"Stop sticking your noses where they don't belong." Fred answered curtly, George snickered at the scowl on Ron's face.
———
"Olivia, wait up!" Hermione called from behind her, Olivia turned and saw her bushy-haired friend running up to her.
"Hello Hermione, how are you?"
"I have a question for you." Hermione said breathlessly, but with stark determination.
"Oh—well, alright. What is it?"
"Don't you reckon we need a proper Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher?" She asked slyly, keeping her voice just above a whisper.
———
"Wonder Witch?" George asked again, tapping his chin in contemplation. They were in the Gryffindor Common Room, getting ready to sell some products. Fred had his arm slung around Olivia— who was sitting with her knees tucked up against her chest.
"Yes, Wonder Witch." Fred confirmed, smiling brightly at his brother, "isn't that right, love?"
"What?" Olivia asked, she had been thinking about what Hermione had asked her, a proper teacher? She wondered what she could've meant.
"Your idea!" Fred laughed, she turned her gaze to George.
"Oh, you mean that love potion idea?"
"Love potion?" Said George curiously,
"For the Wonder Witch line." Fred said, throwing his hand out dramatically as if there was sign lit up with the words on it.
"You've got a knack for this, you know." George told her, she rolled her eyes,
"Fred said that earlier," she peeked at him from the corner of her eyes,
"It ought to be called Woods' Wizard Wheezes, hey boys?" Lee piped up from behind her, "she's doing all the work." He winked at her.
"Shut up, Lee." George said, waving him away. Olivia sat up and crossed her arms,
"I reckon he's right, and Wood starts with a 'W,' it's got quite a good ring to it." She smirked. Fred and George shook their heads in sync,
"Now you and Lee ought to stop colluding," Fred chided playfully,
"Oh rats," she said sarcastically, "it seems as though they're onto us."
"Whatever will we do?" Lee quipped with a grin, George pushed him off of the couch arm that he had been balancing on. "Ouch!"
"You really should be nicer to your business partners, you know." Olivia scolded him, shooting up to her feet. She tried to hide the smile that threatened to creep onto her face. She sauntered over and threw her hand down to Lee, who took it graciously—standing up abruptly beside her.
"I reckon you'll be a Weasley any time now anyways, so Weasley's Wizard Wheezes will include you." Lee joked, and Olivia felt her heart stop. A Weasley? Anytime now? What did that mean!? She questioned anxiously.
"W-what?" She stammered, Lee's face suddenly losing the grin that had been previously splayed across it.
"I didn't mean anything by it—" Lee tried to backtrack,
"We're not, it's not, we're not—like that." She said quickly, wondering what Fred could have done to make Lee say that.
"Oi, what are you two talking about?" George asked from behind the box, Fred looked up too, seeing the look of terror in Olivia's eyes,
"Love, are you alright?" He leapt towards her, reaching his hand out.
"I-I need to go. We're not-this is not, I just-" she backed away quickly, waving her hands about. She turned and rushed towards to portrait hole, clambering through it and running back to her own Common Room. Fred watched her leave, his eyebrow raised as he turned to Lee.
"What was that about?" George asked, turning towards them both.
"Er-well, I might've made a joke and—"
"A joke about what?" Fred asked, his arms crossed in front of his chest.
———
Olivia had rushed into her bed, avoiding Cho's looks of concern and Marietta's glares, and drew the drapes closed. She didn't know why she had such a feeling of dread but Lee's comments had made her blood run cold. She lay in bed, staring up at the darkness for hours, not wanting to go back to her life, or anything in it.

She awoke to a shining silver light, and found herself tangled in her sheets. She shot up and nearly fell out of her bed, stumbling her way out of her dormitory—the light enticing her in a way nothing had ever done before. She was only in her collared shirt and plaid skirt, bare feet trembling from the cold as she made her way down the staircase and into the Common Room.
She stopped at the sight of him, laying across the blue couch in front of her, his red hair shining in the firelight.
"Fred," she breathed, leaning down towards him. She took him in, his scent, his aura, his being. "I'm sorry." She whispered, kissing him gently on the head and running quickly to catch the light.
She left the Common Room, quietly making her way down to the boathouse, her teeth chattering noisily as she chased the silver glow.
Shuddering completely as the water hit her feet, she walked into the black lake, slowly letting it seep through her—the freezing liquid coursing through her veins.

"Olivia." A familiar voice said, she struggled to move as a silver apparition flooded into her vision.
He was just as she remembered him, wearing his yellow tournament jumper with grass stains across it. His hair, a tousled mess. He moved, towards the boathouse, and she followed him up and out of the water. Shivering convulsively, she sat on the ground, watching him intently.
"Ced... Cedric." She croaked, her voice box frozen. If she could have cried, she would have, but her tears were frozen behind her eyes.
"Let yourself be in love with him, he deserves that."
She lied onto her back, strength leaving her, embracing the cold that encompassed her and let Cedric's words wash over her.
"Is th-that w-why you're h-here?" She chattered, her blood not flowing enough to create a blush. Cedric looked at her sternly,
"I'm here because I, well, I missed you. But I want you to be happy, and not live your life as if it ended with me."
"But—"
"When you wake up, you have to promise me you'll try,"
"Cedric, I-I d-d-do try." She whimpered,
"I never left you,"
"B-but, I m-miss you." Her pulse slowed, she knew she wouldn't last much longer. The sun crept up in the corner of her eye, the yellow light casting a warm glow over her blue-hued body.
"You need to live, like you would want me to if our roles were reversed. It's no disservice to me if you let yourself be happy. That's all I've ever wanted for you."
"I—"
"And you were right, Woods' Wizard Wheezes has quite a good ring to it." He smiled, that damn smile that she would do anything for. "Don't worry Liv, I'll be back." He leaned into her, moving through her slightly. She wanted to ask, when?, but no sound would leave her throat.
She smiled, but couldn't remember anything after that, her vision left her. There was no feeling, no sound, no nothing.
—————
Ooooooh I just couldn't resist bringing Cedric back in some capacity, I miss his character so much :(
This was always, kind of, a plan so I hope y'all enjoy it.
I'll have another chapter posted today too :)