Sweet Seventeen

Olivia could feel tension in the house before the arrival of the Delacours. Mrs. Weasley hadn't let up on anyone, Olivia, included, and didn't hold back to tell the girl to "clean up again" once she saw her bed head and circles under her eyes. Everyone seemed to be resentful towards Fleurs family, even while never having met them, but Olivia didn't mind at all. It seemed Molly needed to keep her engine firing on all pistons in order to ignore the fact that Harry, Ron, and Hermione would be disappearing after the wedding. The anticipation of the wedding made everyone excited, but had a looming dark undertow tacked on to it. Olivia, of course, knew what it was—returned the horcrux book inconspicuously—and remained tight lipped about the entire affair.
So there she stood, as cleaned up as she could manage, watching Fleurs mother, father, and sister fawn over their daughter and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. She tried to stay behind everyone else, and slipped back up to Ginny's room as soon as she could. She didn't actually get to meet the Delacours, and having so many people in the house had shuffled Olivia into sharing a room with Ginny and Hermione. She sat with her back to the door, watching out the window. Over that hill would be Cedric's house, and beyond that there was a slight dip in the trail and there was a pond that they'd catch frogs in. Olivia would always try to hug a duck, but they'd always fly away. It seemed so long ago, she could hear his childlike laughter in her ears if she thought hard enough. It was fleeting, but it was there.
Since losing some childhood memories, she found herself clinging to the ones she did have. Pondering them with a neurotic obsession, it was all-consuming at time—like now, with Ginny who'd tried to get Olivia's attention and had to physically tap her on the shoulder to snap her our of it.
"S-sorry, Ginny, what did you need?" Olivia stammered, nibbling her thumbnail absentmindedly.
"It's just that Fred's looking for you." Ginny replied, surveying the far-off look that Olivia had about her.
"Fred? He's here?"
"Yea, it's almost supper."
"Oh." Olivia had been remembering her childhood—hers and Cedrics—all day. She stood up, brushing the dust off of her pants, and made her way down the stairs where Fred was smiling in a way that made her weary.
"What's going on?" She asked timidly, slowing her pace and staying on the last step to meet his gaze.
"Well, George and I were thinking, with all the people here... might be a great excuse to get mum to allow you to come home with us tonight." Fred smirked, his eyes sparkled in a way that made her know he wanted it almost as much as she did. Before she could think she let herself fall softly off of the last step and into his arms, enveloping him in her arms and locking her lips onto his in such a way he thought he'd never breath without her again—not that he ever wanted to.
He tasted salt, and his face was wet, he didn't know entirely why until she pulled away puffy eyed with sparkling tears falling off her chin gently.
"I-I don't know what's come over m-me. But, well, I-I'd love that." She stammered.
"I would too, love." He said, putting his hands on her face and holding it steady. He kissed her nose, then her lips, eliciting a sweet soft and sniffly giggle.
"Oi, lovebirds! Come and say hello to everyone!" Bill called out, breaking Olivia and Freds entrancement with one another. They broke apart, Olivia blushing and smiling like a child. She and Fred made their way into the sitting room and exchanged hello's with Fleur's family, Olivia trying to keep up with the French that she heard and quickly translating for Fred and George who poked and prodded her for explanation whenever anyone laughed. It was a lovely dinner, Harry, Ron, and Hermione even seemed to be in good spirits. Olivia smiled as she brought her fork into her mouth, then looked to Fred lovingly. She missed her family, and Cedric, dearly, but she couldn't help but be delighted at the prospect of a big family as she looked at all the bright faces around the table.
"What're you thinking about, love?" Fred whispered, lips right up against her ear. She smiled into him,
"I'm just thinking about how I'm quite happy."
"Then I'm happy." He cooed into her ear again.
"Can you two keep it in your pants please, we're eating?" George teased, a laugh dripping into his words. "Sorry mum," he mentioned when Mrs. Weasley gave him an odious look,
"We don't use language like that at the dinner table! Especially when we have guests!" She barked, Olivia hung her head down low in compliance—as did Fred.
"Yes, of course mum." George said smirking.

"Out of the question." Mrs. Weasley replied,
"But mum—" Fred argued,
"I said no, Fred. End of discussion."
"Mum—you can't seriously think it's best for Olivia to stay here, cramped, and—" George started,
"That's enough. She's not strong enough to get through all the guards and it's only for a few more days anyways." Mrs. Weasley insisted,
"But—" Olivia tried,
"Sorry dear, but you'll have to stay here." Molly told her, apologetically. Olivia, for the first time, felt anger towards the family. The four of them had all been sitting together int he kitchen, after everything was cleared from dinner. Olivia, incensed, stood up—her chair scraping the floor in a high-pitched cry, everyone at the table moved in surprise—and hit her palm to the table.
"If I must always be under someone's thumb—not allowed to make my own decisions—so be it. But don't make it about me, and what my needs are. I'm not afraid to die. I know I should be dead. I don't need to stay safe. So don't make it seem as though I do." She'd never spoken so starkly to the Weasley matriarch before, but was tired of being treated like she had no say. With that, she let out a sharp breath in almost a huff, looked somewhat sadly to Fred, and left the room. Making her way up the stairs, she stopped short of reaching her shared room—when she felt a soft hand against hers. She turned to see Fred and sighed,
"Look, I'm sorry I was so curt with her, I'll apologize, I just—" she began, but was cut off by Freds' lips crashing into hers hungrily. He pulled away, just as quickly, and held her face in his hands, as he so often did.
"You're brilliant. It's okay to be upset, I might've said something worse if you hadn't," he let out a laugh, "I'll see you soon, love."
"See you soon." She told him.
———
The days that followed were an awkward flurry of Molly avoiding Olivia, and Olivia avoiding everyone else. It mostly went by quickly, Fleur was keeping Olivia busy with bridal errands and Olivia was more than happy to oblige. Fred and George were slammed at the shop and hadn't been able to come, which only made Olivia more bitter with Molly.
Olivia kept silent whenever the trio were around, her curiosity had peaked when she'd found out they were going to be hunting horcruxes, and she wanted to know as much information as possible as to their next steps. Why? She wasn't sure. Perhaps, to know they'd be safe. Or perhaps, because it was the most interesting thing to do. She was worried about them, of course, but she hadn't realized how much until she found herself packing an emergency bag and carrying in on her person at all times. She didn't owe them anything—especially not Harry—but she couldn't bear the thought of losing any of them. More-so, for their families sake. She shuddered at the thought of losing Harry, and didn't want to ponder the profound ways it would affect everyone around her.
Bound by her need to keep them safe, as she attempted to when they thought Sirius Black was trying to murder Harry, or by her sheer foolishness, her determination clouded every ounce of her judgement. She'd die if she needed to, but she wouldn't allow the trio to have any harm come to them.
When she thought about it she figured part of her died with Cedric, and the part that was left was Freds entirely. She was supposed to be dead, many times over, and so it must be her duty to do something. Living and being happy, kids and a marriage to Fred couldn't be all she was supposed to do. Every time she thought about it, she knew that there was some purpose to her being there, some reason she lived and so many others had died. She couldn't live with herself if anything happened to the three Gryffindors', those she loved wouldn't recover. Fred couldn't lose his brother. He'd lost Olivia before, or thought he had, and he'd lived through it and come out fine by the end. She wouldn't let him lose his blood. No matter the cost to herself.
———
"C'mere, love!" Fred smiled, "everyone's here for Harry's birthday!"
Olivia smiled at Fred, knowing she wouldn't have many more days with him left. She reached for his outstretched hand and felt every line of his palm, pulling it to her face lovingly. She nodded into his hand and smiled, letting him lead her down the stairs and outside.
She, George, and Fred greeted all the guests at the end of the walk as they arrived. She was pleased to see Charlie, Lupin—who did not look happy, Tonk—who looked radiant, and Hagrid. They all gave her giant hugs, Hagrid nearly squeezing her to death, and she returned in kind.
Once everyone had arrived, they made their way to the tables that were set up just outside The Burrow. Olivia sat in the seat that Fred had pulled out for her and smiled at George who was beaming up at her. Olivia tried to return the smile but a commotion at the house entrance captured her attention. The attendees of the party watched in awe as Lupin grasped Tonks by her wrist and ushered her away from the Burrow, and Mr. Weasley appeared with the Minister of Magic at his side.
"What's that abou—?" Fred asked,
"—shhhhh" Olivia breathed sharply. Trying to listen intently. The trio and Minister made their way inside and didn't emerge for quite a while. Olivia felt her heartbeat quicken and palms grow warm.
"What's wrong, love?" Fred asked, but Olivia brushed him off, not wanting to explain her unease at the trio being out of sight and knowing that if he looked into her eyes and asked, she'd tell him.
"Oi, I'm starving mum!" George whined, it had been a while since Harry and the two other Gryffindor had gone inside and Mrs. Weasley refused to let anyone eat before Harry came back—it was his birthday after all.
"Hush, George!" Everyone called out, waiting patiently, stomachs growling until the three finally emerged. They passed around the objects as soon as everyone got to eating. Olivia held the Tales of Beedle the Bard, the deluminator, and Harry's first snitch as she ate, pensively wondering why Dumbledore had left those three objects.
"One more day and we get our cook back, eh Fred?" George laughed, breaking Olivia's focus—she rolled her eyes.
"Careful what you wish for, Georgie, you may find something unpleasant in your next meal." Olivia smirked, dipping into the plate of food in front of her.
"Eh, yea, careful Georgie," Fred said through the pile of food in his mouth.
Olivia tried to enjoy the evening, all the while wondering about the objects, and counting her time with Fred.

"Love—what are you—love—doing?" Fred laughed as Olivia pushed him into an empty broom closet,
"Shhhh," she whispered as she worked on his belt loops,
"Anyone could come in, love!" He jested, his devilish laugh giving away the fact he didn't mind. Olivia smiled at him wickedly,
"Then we'll have to be quick." She whispered into his ear, biting his ear lobe lightly and sending a sharp tremor down his spine. They were half clothed, and impossibly sloppy, both had hands over the others mouth in order to keep from sighing too loudly. Olivia was tight up against the wall as Fred pushed into her, his hands gripping her thighs with ferocity and her hands pulling his hair tightly. One of his hands made its way up her shirt and under her bra, holding her chest as he kissed down her neck. She tried to keep her mind away from the fact that she'd soon be leaving him, only letting the moment and how he felt matter.
"I-I l-love y-you," she said, breath staggering through thrusts. He held her even more tightly,
"And I, you, love... more than anything, Olivia." He told her, she pulled him in closer than he was—closer than she thought was possible. He'd said her name, and that was all that mattered. Not able to bear the thought of leaving him, she pulled him as close as possible, shielding her face away from his—so he couldn't see the tears that fell.
—————
HELLOOOOO,
MY GOD, I'm SO sorry I haven't updated in a while! I really mean it when I say I'm going to update on time, but I had so many exams and I JUST finished the last of them this morning. I think I should be updating more often now, my winter break got extended at my university, so it should be good!

Thank you so much for all of your continued support, even when I'm the worst and don't update!! I so appreciate it all!