Reconciled

If anything had happened to Olivia in the hour that she had gone to visit the Weasley's she didn't show it. Oliver watched as his sister threw him a slight smile before scurrying to her room and cleaning the ash off of herself from having travelled via floo powder. When she reappeared later, for Christmas dinner, she was bright eyed and inquisitive, asking him all about his quidditch matches and when she'd be able to see him play.
"We actually have a game in a few months, over Easter, so you'll be on break and can make it!" Oliver smiled broadly, his parents nodding approvingly.
"Sounds brilliant, Ollie." Olivia smiled, hoping that her family wouldn't be able to see through her thinly veiled upbeat facade. She hadn't wanted to ruin her family's break—having been the first one they all spent together for a year. She had resolved that, even though Fred hadn't meant it, they weren't dating and she shouldn't have been surprised at that. She'd be chipper, more so than usual, visit Cedric's grave and family, and spend the break bonding with her family. She could worry about Fred when she had to, at school.
———
"Did you see that the next Hogsmeade weekend falls on Valentine's Day?" Cho asked Olivia as she sat on the train across from her.
"On Valentine's Day?" Olivia asked, "maybe you should finally ask Harry."
"You can't ask him," Marietta chided, "he should ask you,"
Olivia rolled her eyes,
"Either way, it might be nice to go together."
"Are you and Fred?" Cho asked, Olivia eyed her friend carefully,
"Why do you ask?"
"Well, you disappeared, and we'd heard you'd gone with them. His father was at St. Mungo's." Cho said,
"Oh—right—ehm, well we're not, together." Olivia pursed her lips after speaking, pressing them together tightly.
"Still?" Marietta asked condescendingly, Olivia nodded, holding her breath.
"Yea, it just didn't work out." Olivia stated with a finality that made Cho and Marietta scared to pry for any more information. Olivia sulked, keeping her eyes on the landscape they rode past, her jaw set and locked in a scowl. She wasn't looking forward to seeing Fred.
———
"He asked me!" Cho squealed, coming into their dorm the next day. Olivia put the textbook she was reading down on the bed and furrowed her brows.
"Who asked you what?" She asked, watching Cho jumping around the room.
"Harry asked me to Hogsmeade! On Valentine's Day!" Cho smiled, Olivia smiled back at her friend and Marietta rolled her eyes.
"That's wonderful." Olivia grinned, ushering Cho to sit with her. The rest of the night was spent with Cho recounting the moment over and over again until she fell asleep. Olivia ran her fingers through her friends jet black hair. Sleep took her, calling her silently into its' clutches, until she was deeply entranced.

"Something's not right." Olivia said as soon as she woke up. It was quarter past four a.m. and Cho was soundly asleep beside her. Confused, she looked around, where everything had gone unchanged. The dark feeling in the pit of her stomach was unrelenting. She tried to shrug it off, but felt a cool shiver down her spine,
"C-Cedric?" She whispered hoarsely, feeling honestly and truly crazy for even considering that as a possibility. There was no response, just the light breathing from the sleeping occupants in the room. She rolled her eyes at herself, if it's not him... then what?
Not wanting to disrupt Cho, who had an arm across Olivia, she stayed in bed watching the room. It was hours until Cho woke, and they got ready for the day, Olivia silently pondering the overwhelming feeling of dread that hung over her. As they walked down to the Great Hall she pursed her lips again and sighed heavily,
"Something's really, not right."
"What do you mean, Liv?" Cho asked,
"Did something happen with Fred?" Marietta inquired. Olivia shook her head,
"No, none of that. But something's... off."
A red-faced first year student ran up to them in that moment, the same one that found Olivia at the bottom of the stairwell earlier that year, he dropped what he was holding in shock and ran past the three girls.
"Richter, you dropped—! Oh." Cho said holding the paper, a sudden crestfallen look crossing her face. "Perhaps this is what's wrong." She held it out to Olivia and Marietta,
MASS BREAKOUT FROM AZKABAN
MINISTRY FEARS BLACK IS 'RALLYING POINT' FOR OLD DEATHEATERS
"Very wrong." Olivia grimaced, watching the moving pictures on the paper. She looked towards the Gryffindor table for the first time, not looking for Fred, but watching Harry as he, Hermione, and Ron were huddled closely around an identical paper to the one in Cho's hand. She frowned, knowing that Harry must be reeling with Sirius being blamed for everything. She watched as Hermione shot up and out of her seat and ran to catch up with her, bidding Cho and Marietta goodbye hurriedly.
"Hermione!" Olivia called, waving her hand in the air, "where are you going?"
"Sending a letter." Hermione said briskly, regarding Olivia quickly. Olivia glanced around, watching as Fred started moving out of his seat and towards them. She looped her arm into Hermione's and pulled her out of the Great Hall.
"I'll join you."
The two girls disappeared from the hall and Fred sat back down, noticing the uncomfortable look on Olivia's face when she caught his eye.
———
"What's happened with you and Wood?" George asked, watching as Olivia hurried away with Hermione, Fred was sitting back down at the table.
"Well, you know I—" Fred began,
"Fred, I've got to tell you something!" Ron gasped suddenly, everyone turned their heads to him. Fred raised his eyebrows, and leaned in.
"And what, pray tell, might that be?" Fred asked, Ron gulped and looked around—trying to ensure that Olivia was really not around.
"Olivia came on Christmas."
"Came where?" George asked, Ron gave him a knowing look,
"Came where we were. To look for you." He told Fred. Fred narrowed his eyes,
"And why am I just hearing about this now?" He growled, Ron's face flushed,
"Sh-she s-said that she-she would—" he stammered,
"When?" George demanded, "what time?"
"The m-morning," Ron told them. Fred raised his eyebrows,
"When did she leave?"
"Pretty quickly... she appeared, went upstairs, and then she left."
"How did she look?" Harry asked, all three boys looked at him and he sighed, "sad? Cross?"
"She didn't look happy at all." Ron said,
"I've got to talk to her." Fred said, standing up suddenly. "Where was Granger off to?"
"Library." Harry and Ron said in unison. And just like that, Fred was off.
———
He found Olivia in the library, tucked behind a bookshelf, on the tips of her toes reaching for something, he startled her—so much so—that she fell when he said her name, nearly knocking over the entire shelf. He caught her in his arms and looked into her eyes, getting lost in them, and falling in love with her all over again.
"What are you doing here?" She asked, her eyes guarded.
"I love you." He told her, "I asked you to marry me."
She shifted away from him, narrowing her eyes at him suspiciously before speaking,
"You said you didn't mean it."
"What?"
"I heard you... I heard you tell George, that you didn't mean it." She said softly, he thought back frantically to what he said,
"No! Not at all—I—I want to-I, I love you, I was worried that you thought that I—"
"Didn't mean it." She finished, watching him quizzically, "but you meant it, then?"
Fred nodded, clasping her hands in his.
"I'm only seventeen..." she said slowly, "I've still got a year of school left." She looked up at him.
"Then just date me, be my girlfriend again." He said, taking her uncertainty in stride. Perhaps it was crazy that he'd asked her to marry him,
"I'll marry you, Weasley. But not until after school. So we can date for now." She smiled shyly, "if that's—"
She was interrupted by his lips meeting hers urgently, fireworks went off in his mind, and an overwhelming love swept over her. They broke apart, "but really Fred, no ring or anything, it's not a proper engagement—we're dating you. But of course I'll marry you, one day."
"That's perfect, love. You're all I'll ever need." He told her.
———
"It's nice to have you back, Wood." George told her at dinner, Olivia took her seat at the Gryffindor table and smiled,
"It's nice to be back." She told him, ruffling his hair as she sat.
"So, you lot have finally worked things out?" Harry asked, looking more towards Olivia. She nodded bashfully, and curled her lips into a sly smile,
"And I heard that you have date on Valentine's Day?"
Harry's face flushed and he looked down and into his meal, Olivia chuckled lightly and turned back to Fred who was staring back at her. Cho, she mouthed, Fred nodded understandingly.
"Olive, you're here!" Lee smiled, sitting down beside George, "I assume you'll be gracing our room with your presence again?" He teased, watching her shift uncomfortably as Fred cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Do you reckon it bothers them when I'm here?" Olivia whispered into Fred's chest, later that night. She was curled into him, taking in the familiarity of his bed and the scent of his clothes. His fingers lightly ran through her hair, and he responded calmly,
"I don't reckon it does, Lee was just teasing."
"Right." She said thoughtfully. She snuggled up closer to him, "I suppose you could come to my dorm... however, Marietta wouldn't be too keen on it."
"The stairs to your dormitories don't turn to slides?" Fred asked, Olivia lifted her head and furrowed her brow confusedly.
"No, why would they?" She asked,
"Ravenclaws are truly a different breed." Fred laughed. Olivia pursed her lips,
"We simply have different priorities." She replied haughtily.
"No fun, only school." Fred smirked,
"You can have fun and do school." Olivia said sternly, "just because you and George have your own ideas, ones that don't need school, doesn't mean that school isn't important."
"You're right, love. I know." Fred relented. Olivia fell asleep soundly, held in Fred's arm, unaware that at that moment Fred was mulling over how to tell her that he and George didn't know how much longer they could take—with Umbridge as High Inquisitor. It was their seventh year, and they didn't actually need to stay. Not to mention the business was taking off at an unprecedented rate, and why wait any longer? He looked at the beautiful brunette in his arms, that's why.
———
"Where were you last night?" Marietta asked the following morning in Arithmancy.
"I was... with Fred." Olivia said quietly, Marietta raised her eyebrows knowingly and Cho giggled to herself. Olivia sighed, "we're back together, and it's going—"
"You're always back together, I don't understand why you two keep trying." Marietta said coldly, Olivia looked at her friend alarmed,
"Marietta!" Cho whispered,
"Excuse me!?" Olivia snapped in a soft tone—so as not to disturb the class.
"I am just saying that it's obvious that it won't work with you two. Honestly, can't you see that? He's a Weasley after all. Why can't you just find another nice bloke like Cedric?" Marietta asked,
"Because I loved Fred even when I was with Cedric!" Olivia hissed,
"Can you both please just—" Cho tried,
"He's Fred, he's never serious about anything. What makes you think you're so special?" Marietta scolded. Olivia glared at her "friend" and hastily grabbed all her things, pushing them messily into her book-bag.
"Olivia, where are you—?" Cho started,
"I'm going anywhere but here." Olivia snarled, hopping up to her feet abruptly, "Marietta, sod off."
Cho watched as her friend, stomped away, next to some Slytherin across from where she and Marietta sat and stared at Marietta blankly.
"Why would you—?" Cho began,
"Because she's being an idiot." Marietta snapped.
———
Ooooooh, Marietta :(

Hope you're guys' time in isolation/quarantine is going okay! It's crazy to think that this is the world that we live in right now, but it really is.

I hope you guys enjoy the chapter :)