A Flood of Memories

The following day, in its entirety, had been spent retelling Olivia everything that she couldn't quite remember. There was one stipulation however, that no one could explain. She couldn't remember her unbreakable vow to Cedric. Not the fact that there was one, but the memory of her being a child.
"It's as if it's been erased... from my mind." Olivia whispered, frightened. "I can't have been that young..."
"I'm sure it'll come back, love." Fred lied, uncertain of anything.
He'd had everyone check up on her, and only Lupin had anything helpful to say.
"You'd have to check with her doctor, but it seems as though her memory is affected each time she uses magic—perhaps forever. There's no way to know for sure, and it may be dangerous to have her go to St. Mungo's in this state." He'd told Fred.
Since then it was a string of "oh right," "yes, of course," and "i remember now," that came out of her mouth, any time a story was told.
Olivia on the other hand was feeling completely fine health-wise. Other than some of her memory being gone, she had never felt better. She did feel her spirit deflate when she saw George, as earless as ever, and wished she could've done more.
"Olive!" George called to her, "how are you feeling?"
"M'alright." She murmured, guilt eating away at her. She didn't even want to correct her name, as she usually did. George also found this strange and raised an eyebrow to Fred.
"She's upset that you're earless." Fred sighed,
"Earless and still more handsome than her fiancé, I'd be upset too." George teased clucking his tongue, trying to coax a laugh from the crestfallen girl.
Fiancé? Olivia thought, Fred and I are engaged...?
"He is my fiancé..." she spoke, surprised tone in her voice. Fred opened and closed his mouth awkwardly, wondering if she'd changed her mind. "But I asked you Freddie, yea?" She stared up at him expectantly.
"That's right, love. You did." He replied, unsure of what else to say. He breathed a sigh of relief when she smiled. George, bearing witness to the entire interaction, smiled while inwardly feeling mortified that he was the reason that she forgot she'd been engaged to his brother.
"Right, well, I'd best let you get some rest." George kept the smile plastered on his face, backing away slightly.
"I reckon your mom will never confuse the two of you again." Olivia chuckled as he left, he turned and laughed,
"That's what I told her!"
Olivia turned to Fred and nodded,
"Is there anything your mom needs help with for the wedding?" She asked,
"Loads." Ron moaned flatly, having walked past the two at that precise moment.
"Right, I should—" Olivia started,
"—go and get some rest upstairs, and I'll help." Fred insisted,
"But I've been resting for ages, and I'm feeling fi—"
"—none of that love, you need time to sift through all your memories. You almost didn't remember you'd asked to marry me," he put his hand on his chest over his heart, "I'm distraught by it."
The corner of Olivia's mouth twitched into a smile, betraying her.
"Fine, but only for an hour."
"Three," Fred countered,
"One." Olivia insisted,
"Two and a half, love."
"One."
"Three."
"You're terrible at negotiation, Weasley." Olivia couldn't help but laugh,
"Three."
"Two, and that's as high as I'll go."
"I would've settled for one." He smirked, and with that, he kissed her on the head and set off. Olivia rolled her eyes and begrudgingly made her way back upstairs and to the bed that she'd only just gotten out of.

The following days were a flurry of wedding festivities, unease over the incapability of retrieving Mad-Eye's body, and Olivia regaining all her memories—in proper order—save for the childhood one's with Cedric. She tried not to let it bother her, but she felt Cedric slipping away from her. He already had, as she continued to age and live and have a life with someone that wasn't him, and without him. But the childhood memories that she'd known and held dear disappearing? It was frankly too much for her to handle—so she simply didn't. Fred and George, all of the Weasleys actually, had decided that she was to stay put at The Burrow. The twins still had the shop to run, so she was alone most of the time, helping Molly with whatever, but mostly keeping herself secluded.
"Oi, how've you been?" Bill asked, catching Olivia off guard. She'd come downstairs to wait for Fred, he usually came by for dinner. Olivia looked up, semi-startled, and smiled when she saw his familiar face. She hadn't seen much of him, not since the she'd lost Cedric. Even though it was his wedding she was helping with, she tried to keep her head down as much as possible, feeling like a burden for being there—being alive, really.
"I'm alright," she said flatly, he furrowed his eyebrow.
"That doesn't sound alright... nor would I believe you. You've had a rough go the past few years."
"I s'pose so." She stumbled over her words, nothing coming out quite right. "Congratulations though, on your wedding. I'm really happy for you both."
"Thank you, congratulations on your engagement." He mirrored her, but his smile was more genuine.
"I forgot about it, actually." Olivia said, pulling a chair out and sitting down across from where he was. "Can you believe it? I just forgot."
"But with your using magic to heal Geo—" Bill began,
"—heal? I merely stopped his bleeding... nothing more." She felt disgusted with herself, her self-pity annoying even her.
"You kept him from bleeding out, Liv. There's a difference." Bill told her softly, she looked up at him tearfully.
"When's it going to stop? Are things ever going to be normal again? There's always so much—too much—! Going on with me and I can't take it anymore!" She was flustered, spilling out her deepest feelings to a man that she hadn't spoken to—or seen—in over a year. Bill watched Olivia come close to breaking, notice her emotions, and shove them back down. She was back to squarely staring at him with a blank expression in less than thirty seconds.
"I'm sorry for everything you've had to go through." Bill said honestly. Olivia shifted uncomfortably under his gaze. It wasn't pity—which was the reaction that she got from most people—but genuine caring.
"It's just I-well, I love your brother and I can't imagine what it must do to him every time I, well, every time something happens to me. Or when I forget something. He always needs to take care of me, like I'm made of glass, and apparently... I am."
"I don't think he thinks that at all," Bill smiled, "he's been madly in love with you for years, and he did take your memories at one point—" Olivia snorted at that, "—so, I don't reckon he minds to much when you can't recall something."
"I reckon you're right... but it's still—" Olivia started to say, before Bill cut her off.
"—a lot, I know. But give it some time, maybe things will quiet down. You never know."
"Never know what?" Fred's voice piped in, sending chills down Olivia's spine in surprise.
"Nothing important." Bill smiled, winking at Olivia and standing up. Passing his brother, he tousled Fred's hair and pushed him towards the brunette.
"You two really like to keep secrets," Fred laughed, sauntering over to Olivia. He kissed her on the head and took the seat beside her. "What've you gotten up to today, love?"
"Nothing, really. I've asked your mum if she needed anything, but they don't really want me to 'strain' myself. I might go see Cedric's parents tomorrow... and mine." She said cautiously, she knew he—along with the rest of the household—would take issue with her leaving in these "uncertain times." All of the charms and spells they'd put around The Burrow made it impossible for anyone to find them, but also made it problematic to leave as well.
"I—" Fred started,
"—before you say no, I'll have Oliver with me the entire time—I'm sure he'll do it, and I'll only be out for a few hours, and, and..." she trailed off watching the turmoil on his face. She knew, more than anything, he wanted to say 'no problem, love' but that he simply couldn't find it in himself.
"I don't want to say no, you know that, right? And I reckon, I can't stop you, but, love, I just couldn't take you being taken away from me again... and especially since you can't use magic... I dunno..." she could see him arguing with himself as he said it,
"I understand... I just thought I ought to put it out there." She sighed. It wasn't Fred's fault, and she knew it was daft—she couldn't use magic after all. She felt his hands on both sides of her face, and brought her eyes up to see his brown ones staring back into her blue ones.
"How about, after the wedding, you come back home and I'll take you to see Ced's parents and your parents as often as you like? How's that—a bit of a compromise, love?"
"I'd love that." She smiled, but it faltered slightly, "only... I wish I could come home sooner."
"I would too, but mum'll have our heads if we take you away. She's got herself worried sick about you."
Olivia laughed at that last remark and stood up, letting her arm out to lead Fred away. He raised his eyebrow and and she put her finger over her mouth and motioned her head towards the stairs. He smirked and followed her closely.
They made their way up the stairs and she closed the door to his childhood room behind them.
"Muffliato," she whispered, Fred smirked and pulled her in for a kiss.

"Where've you two been all this time?" Ginny asked, raising her eyebrows as Fred and Olivia sat at the table for dinner.
"Memory retrieving." Olivia answered hotly, knowing no one would be able to argue that. She'd tried to ensure they didn't look as disheveled as usual, but, her hair never complied.
"Retrieving or re-enacting?" Bill mused under his breath, but loud enough for everyone in the vicinity to hear. Olivia's face flushed a deep shade of red, and she cleared her throat,
"Retrieving, for sure." Fred said coyly, "now if you all would sod off—"
"—Fred Weasley, language!" Molly harped,
"Sorry, mum. I was just going to say we ought to eat before it gets cold." Fred smiled,
"Agreed." Hermione chirped.
———
After dinner Fred had to leave, stocking shelves with George, so Olivia was left to her own devices. Typically, she'd just stay in her room, but she'd taken to exploring the nooks and crannies of The Burrow in the evenings—once everyone had gone to bed. This evening however, she overheard some chatter from Harry and Ron's room. Thinking she could indeed use some company she lightly made her way towards the door, but stopped short in her tracks when she heard the word 'horcrux.' Olivia's blood ran cold, she hadn't learned much about horcruxes, but she knew it was evil magic—all consuming. Her eyes widened as the conversation devolved into basilisk fangs.
"I mean close emotionally. Ginny poured her soul into that diary, she made herself incredibly vulnerable. You're in trouble if you get too fond of or dependent on the horcruxes." Hermione's unmistakeable voice explained,
"I wonder how Dumbledore destroyed the ring?" Said Harry. Olivia stepped backward slowly, knowing she'd intruded on a very secret moment. Everyone had been pestering the trio for the task they'd been given—or rather, that Harry had been given—and they'd all stayed silent. Horcruxes? Dumbledore? Destroying them? Olivia knew she'd stumbled onto it accidentally, and that she couldn't tell a soul. Footsteps made their way up the stairs and Olivia dashed to her room, not wanting to encounter whoever was making their way up. As she opened the door and closed it behind her, she attempted to take a few deep breaths, but the overwhelming talk about dark magic had a very real affect on her. All she remembered from being at Malfoy Manor was all of the dark magic they'd used to torture her. Evil spells, really awful ones. Things she'd never even heard of. She clasped her hands together firmly, trying to keep them from shaking. She hadn't thought about being kidnapped and held there for quite a long while, and she hoped never to go anywhere near there again.
That night, she didn't sleep a wink.
———
"What time are they—woah, Olivia, are you alright?" Ron asked, as Olivia made her way down the stairs. She grimaced at him, nodding her head slightly. She had been too frightened to sleep, too enthralled in research, trying to dig up every book in the Weasley house after everyone had gone to bed. It appeared as though it was Mrs. Weasley who'd come up, to break up the three Gryffindor the night prior, and once they'd all left—in quite a hurry—Olivia might've done some poking around and found a copy of Secrets of The Darkest Art. In her surprise, Hermione must've dropped it, which was perfect happenstance for Olivia.
It was there that Olivia reluctantly read more about what the three would be up to, and the worry of it kept her awake.
It certainly wasn't good timing as the Delacour's were scheduled to arrive that morning at eleven, and Mrs. Weasley had told all of them that they had to look 'presentable.'
Olivia got out of bed, disheveled as always, and tried pulling her hair back into a braid. It was messy, but it looked alright. She had on a dress—borrowed from Ginny—and looked halfway decent, save for the dark bags under her eyes that gave away her exhaustion.
"You look dreadful." Ginny said worried, "are more of your memories gone?"
"No. I just couldn't sleep." Olivia replied monotonously.
"Eet must be from being a-way from your love, yes?" Fleur smiled sweetly, Ginny scowled. Olivia smiled back, not wanting to ignore her, or get into why it was she was so tired.
"Yes, I miss him terribly."
—————
Hey all!
Soooo, updates should be prettyyyyy quick and also, more often. I have had such a crazy week, but I only have three finals left, and then a bunch of spare time before the next semester starts in Jan!

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!! As always, your comments and votes bring me l i f e, and I adore each and every one of them!

Thanks so much for reading!!