Grimmauld Place

The time that lapsed just after Freds' proposal was a flurry of nervous excitement and insurmountable worry. Mrs. Weasley had come around five o'clock in the morning and told them that Arthur was going to be alright. There was some talk about the Weasleys spending Christmas there, at Grimmauld place with Sirius, to which Sirius seemed delighted. Olivia stood at the edge of the room, trying to hide herself from sight, while everyone gathered together in their worry for Mr. Weasley. She was worried as well, the uncertainty chipping away at her as she bit her thumbnail, but she couldn't bring herself to interrupt their moment. She'd pushed the frenzied proposal out of her mind, still reeling from the thought of it—they hadn't gotten back together, and while her heart soared at the prospect, she couldn't shake the feeling that it had only been in the heat of the moment with the anguish of his fathers state-of-being looming over them like a guillotine ready to strike. The only thing that brought her any peace, was the thought of being at her home with her family soon—however, she wasn't sure when that would be, if her family knew of her whereabouts, and when they'd start to worry. Her thoughts were grossly enthralled in wonder when Mrs. Weasley spotted her and pulled her into a tight hug, all the air left her lungs and she gasped.
"I hear congratulations are in order!" Mrs. Weasley beamed, Olivia's mouth hung open, eyes widening and she looked to Fred.
"E-excuse m-m-me?" She stammered, heat radiating from her body and blood rushing to her face. Mrs. Weasley smiled,
"Well, I'd heard that you two had broken up! But that must not be true, or you wouldn't be here right now."
"Oh, r-right." Olivia ran her fingers threw her tangled hair, "I guess... but we actually haven't—"
"We haven't talked about it." Fred finished, pushing his way past everyone to stand next to Olivia. Olivia gulped and nodded in agreement, and Mrs. Weasley frowned. She felt a pull at her arm, and let herself be pulled away by Fred. He led her to a seat, between him and Ginny. Olivia sat quietly, her hands intertwined with themselves in her lap.

She wasn't sure when she'd fallen asleep, but when she woke up she was laying across both twins, her head on Fred's lap and legs on George's who were both sleeping soundly in sitting positions on the couch. She lied still, not wanting to stir them, they'd been up the entire night before. She wondered what they'd do, or when and if she should leave to her family.

Tonks and Moody came a while later, ushering all of them to the muggle transit system in order to make their way to the hospital that Mr. Weasley was in. Olivia trudged along awkwardly behind the group, Fred hadn't paid much mind to her—with everything going on, and she was thankful for it. She stayed in the corridor while the family visited with Mr. Weasley, looking down at her feet and playing with her hands until she heard an all too familiar voice,
"There you are Olive! We've been wondering where you'd gotten to."
Olivia looked up at her brother and leapt into his arms,
"Oliver!" She cried, tears filling her eyes, "I've missed you." She missed him so much that she didn't even think to scold him for calling her Olive.
"What do you say we get out of here, to the house?" Oliver whispered into her ear, she loosened her grip on him and nodded,
"I ought to say goodbye to this lot first," she tilted her head towards the hospital room that they were in, only to find the troupe trudging out of it in a single file. Fred caught her eye and made his way over,
"Good to see you, Wood." He greeted Oliver,
"And you, Weasley. But I've got to get Olivia home." He said solemnly, "I'm sorry we're meeting under such grim circumstances."
"Right, well," Fred started, looking to Olivia nervously, "I guess you'd better head off then..."
Olivia nodded and Oliver ushered her away, his hand gingerly on her back, she looked towards Fred and stopped,
"Give me on minute."
Oliver nodded in response, and she made her way to Fred who was watching her carefully,
"I'll visit you, if that's alright? I know you're at Grimmauld place now."
"Yea." He smiled, "I love you."
"I love you." She replied.
———
"Mam, you're crushin' the girl!" Oliver laughed, watching Olivia get enveloped in their mothers arms. For the second time in one day, Olivia got the wind knocked out of her.
"Hi mam," Olivia gasped, trying to let air into her lungs.
Her mother and father had been waiting at the train station for Olivia, and worried when she hadn't gotten off of the train. It had been a terrible and nerve-wracking hour until someone from the school was finally  able to get ahold of them and explain the situation, Oliver was the only one that had remained calm and insisted on being the one to get her from the hospital.
"You had us worried, darling!" Her mom squeezed her, kissing her head quickly before eventually letting her go.
"I know, I'm sorry, it was just—a surprise to me as well." Olivia nodded quickly,
"Well, we're glad that you're okay." Preston said, pulling Olivia into another—albeit, less tight—hug. Olivia smiled warmly at her father and nestled her face into his chest.
"And what are you wearing, love?" Anna asked her daughter, frowning slightly at the shirt that hung loosely on her daughter and shoe-less demeanour. "You were at St. Mungo's dressed like that?"
Olivia looked down at herself, every article on her slightly askew. Her face flushed, remembering how she'd gotten into this state and she cleared her throat, "well, I had a coat on..."
"She looked just as wretched as you can imagine, mam," Oliver shook his head in mock disapproval, "but the Weasley's didn't look great either."
"Yes, what is it that happened?" Preston asked, interest piqued. Olivia shrugged her shoulder, taking a seat on their couch and pulling her hands into her lap.
"I dunno... I know as much as you, really..." she said slowly, "he was attacked, but I don't know by what..."
"Attacked where?" Anna asked, sitting beside her daughter, holding her hand.
"In the ministry, I reckon." Olivia replied, looking up at her father who had a very stern look on his face.
"I'll see if I can find anything out." He said finally, nodding curtly before exiting the room.
"Meanwhile, Olive, you'd really benefit from a change of clothes, a bath maybe." Oliver said, his nose high up in the air, Olivia rolled her eyes and couldn't keep from laughing,
"I'd have a bath, a change of clothes, and some sleep." She yawned, "I didn't sleep a wink."
"Go on then, sweetheart." Anna said, leaping up from where she was sitting and ushering Olivia along to her bedroom. Once she opened the door she found all her things from school neatly packed in the corner, and numerous pictures of Cedric and her plastered on the walls. With a sad smile she found clothes, and a towel, dragged herself through the shower, and laid in her bed—wet hair splayed across the sheets—and fell asleep instantly.
———
"You asked her WHAT!?" George yelped, staring at his twin wide-eyed at the confession.
"To marry me." Fred said nonchalantly, shrugging his shoulders.
"WHAT DID SHE BLOODY SAY!?" George yelled,
"Nothing."
"NOTHING!?"
"STOP YELLING!"
"I'M NOT—"
"YES YOU ARE!" Fred yelled, holding his hand up to try and silence his brother. "You interrupted, and she didn't say anything."
"Are you mad!? You can't just ask a person that, you're not even dating!" George reprimanded him,
"You think I don't bloody know that!? As soon as I said it she looked, mortified..." Fred ran his hands through his hair exasperatedly,
"But did you mean it?" George asked curiously, Fred looked up at him with his brows furrowed.
"Are you daft!?" He said defensively,
George held his hands up, "oi, I was just wondering mate. You two aren't together, and dad did just almost die,"
"I didn't mean it..." Fred realized what Olivia must have thought, "do you reckon she thinks that!?" He asked petrified.
"I dunno." George replied, Fred sighed in annoyance,
"I rather buggered this one up, haven't I?"
"I reckon you have," George replied.

"—and your parents are well... as well as what you'd expect... I think your mom got a new job that she enjoys, but I haven't been able to bring myself to go see them." Olivia said, sitting next to Cedric's tombstone. There was snow covering the ground, and the wind whipped across her face in an unflinchingly icy manner, but still she stayed sitting there. She turned towards the headstone, "and Fred asked me... well, he asked me to marry him."
It was the first time she'd said it out loud, having told no one about the interaction, or even facing it herself.
"And Ced, I think... I think I might've said yes... but there was no way he meant it. We were broken up, and his dad, well—we didn't know if he was dead or alive. We still... are broken up... I think." Olivia realized that they were in fact, still broken up. Sex and proposal aside, she was technically single. She sat in the cold, pursing her lips for quite some time, wondering how and why her life had gotten so messy. It all started with Fred, that she knew, but she couldn't blame him because had it not been her that had fallen for him right away? She, that couldn't keep away from him? How could she blame someone for being the reason that her heart beat?
She'd have to talk with him. She had to talk to him. As soon as possible.

"But it's Christmas." Anna said, perplexed,
"Yes, but—" Olivia attempted to say,
"And they're not expecting you." Preston added,
"I know, but—"
"And you're not together anymore I thought?" Oliver asked,
"But I just need to go, and I'll be back in less than an hour, I promise." Olivia pleaded, looking at all of her family members.

"And you know where you're going?" Preston asked, "you're certain of the address?"
"Yes, I'm sure." Olivia replied, holding her hand out for the floo powder.
"You're back in an hour or I'm going to find you." Oliver said sternly,
"Of course." Olivia nodded understandingly, she stepped into the fireplace smiling broadly at her family before throwing the powder down and disappearing in a flash of green fire,
"12, Grimmauld Place."

"Bloody hell, Olivia, where did you—?" Ron started, squealing at the sudden appearance of the girl in the fireplace.
"Shut up Ron, where's Fred?" She asked, stepping out of the fireplace, coughing out dust.
"Up-upstairs." He said pointing, Olivia leapt up the stairs and stood at the door quietly, suddenly very aware of the fact that she had no idea what she was going to say. She heard yelling and leaned in close to the door.
"Are you mad!? You can't just ask a person that, you're not even dating!" She blushed when she heard George ask,
"You think I don't bloody know that!? As soon as I said it she looked..." she couldn't make out the last part of what Fred had said and her mind went into a tailspin wondering what it could have been. Happy, sad, stupid?
"But did you mean it?" She heard George ask seriously, she leaned in closer, wanting to know the answer.
"Are you daft!?" Her heart sunk,
"Oi, I was just wondering mate. You two aren't together, and dad did just almost die,"
"I didn't mean it..." her breath stopped when she heard Fred, and tear sprung to her eyes. She quickly made her way down the stairs, fighting every urge to break down. I didn't mean it, she heard in her head, are you daft? Being played on a loop. His voice, killing her. She found herself in the living room, Ron still staring wide-eyed, she pointed her wand to him,
"If you tell anyone I was here, you'll wish you were dead." She said breathily, her voice breaking slightly—try as she might to brush her feelings aside. Ron nodded, remembering what had happened to Seamus, and watched as Olivia wordlessly stepped into the fireplace and vanished.
—————
Ahahaha uh-oh,

I'm so sorry for THIS you guys, but it be like that sometimes...

Also sorry for the lack of updates oml, I was just finishing up my semester and had a bunch of exams the last two weeks! But we're on track for regular updates from here on out :)

I haven't edited this, and likely will tomorrow, but I wanted to post something, since it's a Wednesday :) sorry if there are typos or anything!!!