A Modest Proposal

"What happened to you?" Cho asked, looking Olivia over the following morning. She had on a very large yellow jumper with a giant green "F" on the front, and her hair was askew, eyes puffy and red. Olivia turned her head slowly, tersely, to Cho,
"Chambers assaulted me, I shagged Fred Weasley, and I'm never leaving this room again." She stated plainly, as if it was no news.
"What!?" Cho and Marietta shrieked at the same time. Olivia scoffed,
"Chambers—he forced himself on me, and Fred came at just the right time. And he brought me to his room—and I shagged him, but then I-I..."
"You what!?" Marietta squealed, hyperventilating like she'd die without the answer.
"I stumbled across... someone else's artifact." Olivia glowered, letting herself fall to the ground cross-legged.
"Artifact?" Marietta asked,
"What was it?" Cho asked,
"Knickers." Olivia groaned, pulling the collar of the jumper over her face—willing it to suffocate her.
"Oh." Cho breathed, unsure of what she should say.
"You were not together though?" Marietta said more as a statement than a question. Olivia pulled the jumper down an inch, enough for her eyes to be visible to glare at her friend,
"No, but it's still not a nice thing to find in the bed of a bloke you've just shagged." Olivia snapped,
"He's not just some bloke though," Cho pointed out, Olivia huffed exasperatedly and threw her hands up in the air,
"Merlin, you two! You can't be on my side—even for a moment!?"
"Of course we are!" Cho cried, "it's just that—well— you ought to cut the boy a break."
Olivia rolled her eyes and got up to her feet. She stomped over to her wardrobe, grabbing clothes from it and left the room to shower—sulking the entire time.
———
"Look—I'm really sorry mate!" Lee apologized for the millionth time, Fred was sitting with his head in his hands—elbows resting on his knees.
"She thought that I had shagged someone!" Fred groaned, "it was in my bed!"
Lee had woken up that morning to Fred and George standing over him. After a very aggressive interrogation, Fred had come to the conclusion that it must have been one of Lee's bed companions that had left something behind—in Fred's bed.
"I've said sorry a thousand times!" Lee exclaimed,
"I don't need sorry—Olivia saw those—and thought that I had—" Fred started,
"—Olivia was here!?" Lee cried,
"Yeh, but she saw those and lost it." George retorted,
"Oh." Lee realized, "but I can explain to her—"
"How did they even get there?" Fred asked, motioning to his bed. Lee looked down,
"Well—Amelia Fittleworth and I may have—accidentally, gotten over excited and—"
"ON MY BED!?" Fred shouted, a disgusted edge in his voice. "That's foul!"
"And with a Hufflepuff, no less. Low blow." George cringed,
"Look, I'll tell Olivia that it was—"
"If she lets any of us near her again." Fred grumbled.
———
Olivia had successfully evaded Fred, George, and Lee for the following few weeks, pushing Marietta, Cho, or both in front of her and running the opposite direction. She'd also tendered her resignation from the quidditch to Roger, who could not be more shocked. She hadn't wanted to explain everything that happened, involving Chambers, and had just walked away when Davies had tried to convince her to stay. She'd also stopped attending DA meetings, not wanting to see Fred. She'd isolated herself, laying in bed and studying, not able to stop hearing his voice say 'I miss you,' and 'relax—it's me.'
She wanted nothing more than to go home, see her parents and Oliver, and spend the Christmas holiday safe and away from Hogwarts and all of the people in it. She'd gotten terrifically more cross with Cho and Marietta as the days wore on, no one—not even Luna wanted to be around her. Olivia resigned herself to her room, her bed, and her studies, rarely speaking to anyone. She stopped helping Hermione with Hagrid's lesson plans, and called in favours from Dobby and the other house elves to bring her food so she wouldn't have to go down to the Great Hall. She glumly skulked around the castle, tucking into corners at the sign of any noise, and hiding in bathroom stalls to escape from people.
Finally, Lee Jordan found her, hiding behind a suit of armour, eyes closed, and breathing heavily.
"Olive!" He shouted, she jerked away from him, eye shooting open.
"Lee?" She gasped, "blimey! What in Merlin's name are you trying to do to me? You can't sneak up on a person like that!"
"It was mine! Or—it was Amelia's"
"What?"
"The... well, you know, in Fred's bed." Lee cleared his throat awkwardly. Olivia blushed,
"He—er— told you about that?" She asked, trying not to sound self-conscious, "and Amelia? The Hufflepuff?"
"What is it with everyone and Hufflepuffs!? You shacked up with Diggory for YEARS, and HE WAS A HUFFLEPUFF!" Lee boomed, Olivia held her hands up in surrender.
"Oi! I didn't say anything about Hufflepuffs, I just asked if it was that Amelia. And Cedric and I never 'shacked up'," she defended herself—arms crossed, frowning at Lee.
"Well—either way—I've been trying to tell you for weeks, but you've been avoiding me."
"I've been avoiding everyone—but that doesn't explain why it was in Fred's bed!"
"Well... we—" he started, looking down at the ground,
"IN HIS BED!? That's foul!" She cringed. Lee looked at her and smiled,
"That's exactly what Fred said."
"W-what?" She stammered,
"Those exact words." Lee smirked, "you're made for each other."
Olivia blushed and straightened herself out, before moving out from behind the armour,
"Yes, well—maybe—but we haven't spoken and—"
"Then speak maybe." He told her,
"Right." She smiled stiffly, "maybe."
She left him there, walking her way up to her room. She needed to finish packing, the train would be leaving tomorrow and she hadn't even begun. She walked quietly, inelegantly, until she reach the eagle.
"What is so fragile that saying its name breaks it?"
"Silence." She answered, walking through the open door.
———
You can do it Olivia, she told herself, standing just outside of her common room. It was nearly midnight, and she hadn't been able to sleep. She needed to see Fred—to speak with him. She tried to muster up all of the courage that she could, taking very slow and uncertain steps. She had finally managed to get to the landing in front of the Fat Lady, who eyed her suspiciously. Olivia took a breath, closed her eyes, and whispered,
"Mimbul—"
The portrait swung open before she could finish, she froze, coming face to face with Professor McGonagall, George, Fred, and Ginny Weasley.
"Ms. Wood!" McGonagall gasped, "it's past curfew, what are you doing out here? You're nowhere near your house."
"Oh—I—er—" Olivia stuttered, face growing panicked shifting her gaze around the four Gryffindors in front of her.
"Just as well, if you're here to support Mr. Weasley—come along." Professor McGonagall said gruffly, rolling her eyes and sauntering ahead. Olivia, who was in nothing but a nightshirt and socks, followed the Professor frantically, avoiding eye contact with the Weasley's that surrounded her.
"Fizzing Whizbees." McGonagall said to the gargoyle guarding Dumbledore's office. She trudged up the stairs to find Harry and Ron, already there. Olivia stepped aside, away from the commotion in the centre of the room. Fred stood beside her.
"Harry—what's going on?" Asked Ginny, "Professor McGonagall says you saw dad get hurt—"
Olivia turned to Fred, who looked solemn, before turning her attention back to Dumbledore,
"Your father has been injured in the course of his work for the Order of The Phoenix. He has been taken to St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries," Olivia reached for Fred's hand, intertwining her fingers and giving his a tight squeeze, "I am sending you back to Sirius's house, which is much more convenient for the hospital than the Burrow. You will meet your mother there."
"How're we going?" Asked Fred, he looked shaken, "floo powder?"
"No," said Dumbledore, noticing Olivia and raising his eyebrow, "floo powder is not safe at the moment, the network is being watched. You will be taking a Portkey. You've all used a portkey before?" Dumbledore held out a black kettle, and they all nodded. Olivia stepped back, releasing Fred's hand. He turned to her, his face desperate,
"I—I need you." He quavered, Olivia's breath left her, nothing mattered anymore—nothing except for him.
"I'm here."
She reached for the kettle with the rest of the Weasley's and Harry, Dumbledore counting them down before she felt her feet leave the ground. Her knees buckled, and she hit the ground hard—the gloom of room telling her exactly where she was. She got to her feet quickly, looking for Fred who'd fallen near her.
"What's going on?" Sirius asked, he looked tidier than the last time she'd seen him, but that wasn't saying much.
"Ask Harry." Said Fred, Olivia turned towards him but he wasn't looking at her.
"Yea, I'd like to hear this for myself." George agreed. Everyone turned to Harry, and Olivia shifted away from the group, unsure of why she was there—where she fit in—and if she should have even come. She watched Fred, he was her only care in the world, but at this moment he didn't seem to need her. She took small steps away as Harry explained, he had a vision, had seen Arthur attacked. The twins yelled at Sirius, and Olivia slunk away to an empty room, finding a seat and collapsing into it. She'd only wanted to see Fred, to tell him she loved him, that she needed him, that she wanted him, that she'd been a fool to let them be apart for so long—but it didn't matter anymore; his dad was dying.
She sat alone in the dimly lit room, the stale smell of mothballs the only thing keeping her company.
"I wondered where you'd gone off to." Sirius said, stirring her from her thoughts. She stood up abruptly, and brushed the dust off of herself.
"I didn't know that you'd even seen me," Olivia said with a fractured smile,
"You're not with Fred." He noticed, furrowing his eyebrows.
"Oh—we—we're not, or I was actually on my way—so that we could be—but, right now, we're not."
"But you're here."
"R-right. Yea, I'm here." Olivia sat back down, "He said he needed me, and I'm here."
"Perhaps it would help if you were there." Sirius smirked, motioning out of the room. Olivia stood up again, nodding, and awkwardly walking out of the room. She sauntered into the room, everyone was awake, staring at a candle that was burning slowly. The wax was dripping down the candle stick, alluringly, warmly. She made her way to Fred, who barely glanced at her, and sat down cross legged in front of him. No one seemed to notice her, but she was there, for Fred. It was nearly three a.m. when they all started to fall asleep, George had dozed off—his head lolling sideways on his shoulder. Ginny was losing the battle with her eyes shutting, and Ron was snoring lightly. Harry was wide-awake, as was Olivia. Fred stood up, holding his hand out towards her, she took it without a thought and let him lead her up the stairs and to a bedroom with two, very bare, double beds, and a dusty oak wardrobe.
"You're here." He said lethargically, his voice weak and full of pain. She stared up at him, her blue eyes piercing his.
"I'm here."
"Why... are you here?" He asked, uncertainly. She furrowed her brow,
"I—you asked me to be."
"But before, you were outside... just outside... of the portrait." He said, he was too tired to speak.
"I was—I—looking for you." She sighed, running her hand through her hair, exhaustion creeping in, she looked at him tearfully, "I love you. I love you, and I never stopped loving you. I've been such... a fool, and I can't stand being away from you. I love you—you're, you are—everything. My whole life was meant to be with you—it's always been you. I look at you, and I just love you—I—it's terrifying, because—Fred—you could ask me to do anything, and I would, I love you—I love—"
He cut her off with his lips, meeting hers hungrily, urgently, his hands quickly knotting in her hair. They were both exhausted, clumsily fumbling around with their clothes, falling to the ground wrapped up in one another. They were breathless, in a realm of their own, somewhere no one else existed, a plain that was just Fred and Olivia. Their kisses were salty, tears and sweat melding together, their bodies fitting perfectly together. The heat of his lips on her chest causing a deep and lustful ache between her legs.
She wrapped them around him again, letting him feel every inch of her, bucking her hips into his—evoking the most exquisite moan from his lips. He shifted and she arched her back, humming in pleasure, a satisfied whine escaping her lips. He took this in stride, thrusting into her with gusto, her nails digging into the floorboards under her as she trembled in ecstasy—goosebumps forming on her arms.
His fingers dug into her thighs, pulling her closer, plunging as deeply into her as possible. Olivia had never known this kind of feeling, this surreal bliss, this deep pleasure emanating in her hips—sending tremors of ecstasy up her spine. She couldn't think—couldn't breathe—nothing except for the the pressure building inside of her was important. As she got lost in him, he got more lost in her, his kisses growing sloppy, teeth gnashing against her lips, and his breaths running shorter the faster we went. She bit her lip, so as not to cry out and draw attention to the act they were in the midst of. Fred shuddered into her, grunting in conclusion, and plunging into her one last time before swearing under his breath. He released her legs, falling beside her and breathing heavily. They lay together, side-by-side, shallow and uneven breaths telling the story of what they'd done. She turned her head towards him,
"I love y—"
"Marry me." He interrupted. Her eyes widened in surprise, and she wondered if maybe she'd lost her mind from the lack of sleep.
"W-what?" She asked,
"Marry me." He said again, turning to her completely. Olivia's jaw went slack, open in surprise,
"I—"
"—Oi! Fred? Are you in there?" George's voice called from just outside the door. Olivia rolled onto her stomach, pushing herself up and scrambling for any form of clothing that she could find. Fred had only his arm through his shirt before he threw himself at the door—trying to keep George from opening it. Olivia got her clothes on, possibly in the most inelegant way, but she nodded briskly to Fred who opened the door to a very suspicious looking George who raised his eyebrows before looking between them—red faced and disheveled—before making an 'O' with his mouth.
"Yes?" She asked, pulling her sleeves down over her hands, "what, uhm, did you need?"
"We're expecting mum at any moment." George told them. Olivia nodded before looking directly at her feet and stepping out of the room, quickly making her way down the stairs and as far away from the twins as possible.
———