Chapter 14: Preparations

Obi and I head off to the bedroom, I look at him as I adjust my arm plates, since we are in the middle of the Clone Wars all Jedi and those in the Republic has to wear symbol somewhere on them, Obi and I decided to get shoulder pads and arm plates, as armour I guess.
I take he armour off and I look at Obi, "Are you sure you don't want to sleep?"

"No, I would rather lose some sleep from protecting you, my dear." He says has he takes my arm plates and put them down on a seat, "Besides, you've had a long day, you deserve rest."

I sit down on the bed and I undo my hair.

"You need to make yourself look convincing." He rubs his chin and looks at the door.

"What do you mean?"

"You need to wear clothes that you would usually wear to bed." He says walking to the door.

"Obi, what are you doing?"

"I'm asking if you can borrow clothes from Padme."

"Nothing too extravagant!" I exclaim laughing.

Obi leaves smiling at me while he leaves, there's something different in that smile, something I on,y usually see when we are by yourselves.
A few seconds pass and Obi comes back with a simple night dress, it is light purple with some blue highlights.

"Hmm, how pretty, Padme does have a very girlish style." I say giggling.

"Well, you usually wear a brown crop top with a brown skirt, white leggings or something, and your brown boots." He rubs his chin, "Very different to Padme."

I laugh and walk into a bathroom that is attached to the guest room that we are staying it, it looks very similar to Padme's room but smaller, with a bigger bed.
I get changed into the 'pyjamas' and I walk outside of the bathroom, I see Obi looking out the window.

"Everything okay?" I ask running in and down his back.

"No, I'm worried about you." He turns and faces me, I feel his hand land on my shoulder.

"About what?" I look up at him and I move my hand so it is touching his armour.

"About that bounty! Why are you being targeted?" He exclaims, his grip on my shoulder is getting tighter, "You know how much you mean to me, I can't lose you..."

I smile and lift his head up, "You'll never lose me, and I'll never lose you."

We share a sweet kiss before there's a knock at the door, "Every time!" Obi exclaims walking to the door. I go and sit on the bed and wait for him to open it.

"Senator?" Obi questions, "Is something wrong?"

"No, I just wanted to make sure both of you were okay before I went to sleep."

"Everything is fine Padme!" I exclaim from the bed.

"Good, then, goodnight, I'll see you in the morning." She leaves and Obi closes the door. I look at my lightsaber on the bedside table.

"Obi, do you think I'll need my lightsaber?" I ask looking at the weapon.

"Do you want me to keep it so it doesn't get stolen?" He asks sitting next to me.

"Yes please, it will make me feel a little bit better." I say grabbing it and giving it to the Jedi Master.

"I will protect it."

I laugh at his comment as he attaches it to his belt, "I sure it will be safe with you."

He stands up in front of me and looks down at me, "Best you go to sleep now."

I lay down and Obi pulls the blankets over me, "By the way, I jus wanted you to know that, the dress looks wonderful on you."

I giggle and look up at him, "Thank you Obi, please, be careful."

"I will always keep a watchful eye over you, my dear."

I turn around and shut my eyes.