Chapter 25: White Saber

We finally land on Ilum and we walk into The Gathering, Master Yoda awaits us.

"Master Yoda." I say, as I bow, the children and Obi bow with me.

Master Yoda starts explaining what the Younglings have to do, I stop paying attention as I look around the icy room.

"Lady (Y/n), I believe you are making a new lightsaber as well?" Obi says directing my attention to Master Yoda and the Younglings.

"Ah, yes, Master Windu says he thinks I'll be good at double-wielding." I say smiling, "I guess you Younglings will have an example, huh?"

I watch as the children start cheering. Yoda then explains the rules and how this works, as soon as he is finished the Younglings and I run into the cave.
As soon as we get in, a boy with blueish hair leaves the group.

"Lady (Y/n), why didn't you protest?" A little girls asks.

"Because, if that is the way that's calling to him, we cannot argue." I say sighing, "You all have to find your own path, it will happen sooner or later during this experience."

The rest of the trip was silent until I get a strange feeling with the Force. I look at the children, "I know where my crystal is. A task emerges, you'll know when you've found it."

I turn around and I leave the Younglings, to find there crystal. If I remember, last time I got my crystal, I had to use the Force to find it.
So I do the same, I shut my eyes and put my hands out, I meditate, I see a room, with a crystal hidden somewhere. The room is further right from where I am now.
I start running to the right and somehow I find my way to the room I saw in my vision. I sit in the middle on the room with my legs crossed, I shut my eyes and I start to meditate. Please, show me the way, my crystal.
I feel something, something pulling me, the crystal!
I open my eyes and look around the room, I'm sure the Force will guide me to the crystal. I start walking around touching the walls of this room. I get to the left side of the room, something strong is pulling me here. I look into the icy wall and I see my crystal shining.

I decide the best way to get the crystal is to melt the ice surrounding it.
I ignite my lightsaber and I hold it close to the ice. I watch a it starts to melt. After a few minutes all the ice around it melts.
I take the crystal and 8 start running out of the cave. I look at the door, I guess I'm early. Only myself and three students are out of the cave.

We wait a few minutes as the door starts to close, only one is still in there. Now the door is shut completely shut, there is still one Youngling is there. I look at the Younglings, they are yelling and terrified that they won't see their friend again. Although Master Yoda, Obi and I know that he can still get out.

Suddenly something breaks through the ice. The blue haired boy comes running out, pointing his crystal to the sky.

We walk out of the cavern and see that the Crucible is awaiting us. Perfect timing Professor Huyang.
We board the ship and are greeted by the professor, he starts telling the Younglings how to build their lightsabers, "I even taught Lady (Y/n) how to build hers." He looks at me and smiles, "Your lightsaber, Milady?"

I give him my lightsaber and he inspects it, "How wonderful your lightsaber is! I remember when you built this."

"Tell us Professor!" The children exclaim.

"Alright. Alright." He ignites my lightsaber and looks at the purple emitting from it, "As soon as she walked into this ship, I knew there was something different, when she told me what her lightsaber would look like, I was surprised. I remember what she was describing was close to what the Lost Jedi Sabrine used."

"Woah..." one of the children say.

"So. I was confused. When we started the building process, Lady (Y/n) was very careful. It took her the longest to make her lightsaber." He inspects my lightsabers hilt once again, "Still very clean."

"Of course, a clean lightsaber is a comfortable one." I say chuckling.

"She always takes good care of it. Like it was her child." Obi says rubbing his chin and laughing.

"When she activated her lightsaber for the first time, all the Younglings she came with were shocked, I remember the look on Master Windu's face when he saw it was purple he couldn't believe his eyes!"

He throws me back my lightsaber and smiles, "Well, we must get your lightsabers ready!"

All the students rush around and find their parts, while Obi and I walk around.

"What were you thinking (Y/n)?" He asks me taking my hand.

"I have no clue." I shut my eyes and try to see it in my hands, "White and gold, like my other one, with a golden leave as an activation."

"How mysterious..." I hear Professor Huyang say, "That's close to what you said last time."

I turn around and let go of Obi's hand, "Yes, I have a very strong connection to it."

"Lost Jedi Sabrine, her two lightsabers were yellow, they was called, Peace and Justice."

"I know this is what it looks like." I say to the droid.

"I'll get the pieces immediately." He says leaving and walking around, "Go wait at a table or something."

Obi and I go to a two seated table, as we wait, I watch the children put their lightsabers together, this is so nostalgic for me.

I hear metallic piece clunk on the table, I turn around and see Huyang standing at the table, "I assume you remember how to do this?"

"Yes, of course!" I exclaim looking at the pieces.

"Then, I'll let you do your work."

I look at obi and I shut my eyes, I feel my lightsaber coming together. I hear the crystal click into place. I feel the lightsaber completing itself. I open my eyes and take the lightsaber.
I look around and see all of the Younglings standing around me and looking at my lightsaber.
I stand up and look at the students, "Give your lightsabers to the Professor, he will inspect the, to make sure they have been made properly."

Obi stands up and walks over to me, I give my lightsaber to the Professor and he says it's all clear. I watch as the students do the same.

Once we are all clear from the Professor, I turn on my HoloLink with the council, Obi told me that Master Windu and Master Yoda wanted to see the first time I activated my new lightsaber.

"Hello, Masters." Obi and I say bowing, the feel the students do the same, "We are almost at Coruscant, but, I heard you wanted to see me activate my lightsaber for the first time?"

"Yes, interested about the colour, we are." Master Yoda says, "Ignite it, you will."

I look down at my lightsaber, I shut my eyes and ignite it. Everyone is quiet, "Is it good or bad?"

"You should open your eyes (Y/n)." I hear Obi say.

I hesitate but I decide to open one eye, I see a white shimmer, more confident I open my other eye. "A white lightsaber?" I pause and look at the Masters, "What is this supposed to mean?"

"Light, pure, innocent." Master Yoda lists, "Good, very good."

I turn to see the children, they all activate their lightsabers, all are normal, blue and green.
I look at the Professor and he seems shocked too.

"Proud, you should be." Master Yoda says, "Clouded, your future is no longer."