Chapter 32: Congratulations

I'm sitting down with Ahsoka, "Your wedding needs to be grand!!"

"Why is that Soka?" I ask giggling.

"Because! This is the first wedding in Jedi history!" She exclaims spinning her chair, "Of course it needs to be huge and amazing!"

"Well, I'm not sure how big..." I say smiling, "That's for the future, not now."

I look down at my ring. It's beautiful... I can't wait to get married. Obi said we'll get married before the war is over. We aren't even halfway through it yet so, I hope we will get married soon. I can't wait to be-

"(Y/n) Kenobi, huh? As a nice ring to it." A familiar sounding voice says behind me.

"Obi! We aren't married yet!" I exclaim laughing as he takes a seat next to me.

"That's true, but, I just wanted to test it out!" He says taking my hand, "So how are we all?"

"There's only two of us here Obi..." I say smiling, "You saw me this morning, I was literally the first thing you saw!"

"Yes, but I want to know how you are now, I care about you. If I didn't then all of this wouldn't have happened!" He exclaims, "How are you Ahsoka? (Y/n)'s being difficult and won't accept my love!"

"Obi!" I say punching his arm.

"Now she's abusing me..." He puts on a sad voice.

"Well, I'm good, seems like you and (Y/n) are how you both usually are..." She says smiling.

"Yes, of course." Anakin says walking towards us and taking a seat, "Congratulations again, Master, Milady."

"Thank you, Anakin." I say smiling.

Master Windu comes over to us and sits down next to Anakin, "Obi-Wan, how brave of you." He says with a chuckle, "Of course, I have been watching this relationship with interest." He looks over at me, "Honestly, It was about time." 

I watch as he stands and walks to the front of the dining hall, Master Yoda and the Supreme Chancellor walk over and stand with him, "Today, we celebrate the engagement of Lady (Y/n) and Master Kenobi. The Senate has given us a wonderful feast!" 

As master Windu keeps on talking, the Chancellor comes up to our table, "I would like to invite all of you and the Jedi Council to a dinner tonight with the Senate, to congratulate this wonderful occasion!"

"Thank you, Chancellor." I say smiling, "We will be there for sure!"

He gives me a quick smile before walking away. "Another dinner with the Senate?"

"Let's hope there's not another assassination attempt..." Ahsoka says giggling.

"Yes, let's hope." Obi says rubbing his chin.

Obi and I walk into the dinner, I am wearing a nice dress that I borrowed from Padme, it's white and simple. Obi is wearing the same suit from the first dinner. 
As soon as we walk into the dinner, all of the Senators and Jedi Council clap and whistle. I smile as one of the droids show us to our seats. 

As we sit down the Chancellor stands up and addresses the room, "We are gathered here today to celebrate the engagement of Lady (Y/n) (L/n) and Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. Although it is against the Jedi Code, they are bonded in ways that may seem unnatural." He pauses and looks at us, "Congratulations on your engagement!"

Everyone cheers and we all clink our wine glasses.

Once our dinner was finished everyone stands up and see all have nice chats in little groups, of course, all of the Jedi are together talking about the old times before the war. 

Padme, Satine and others come up to us and congratulate us personally, "Congratulations (Y/n), Master Kenobi." 

"Thank you!" I say giving Padme a hug. 

I look at Satine who seems to have a semi-sour look on her face. Poor thing...

"Congratulations, (Y/n), General Kenobi..." Satine says smiling at us, "You both deserve the happiness that comes along with this relationship."

"Thank you, Duchess." I say bowing, Obi follows my example and bows too.

Slowly, all of the Senators congratulate Obi and I as they leave the dinner party. Of course, the Chancellor was the last one to see us, "Congratulations Lady (Y/n), General Kenobi, you both deserve everything. I'm sure the Force Bond must have been difficult. At least a wonderful thing came from Master Qui-Gon Jinn's final actions." 

I watch as the Chancellor leaves the dining room, I look at all of the Jedi Masters who seem conflicted about the Chancellor's congratulations.

"That was a... different... way of... congratulating..." Ahsoka says rubbing the back of her neck.

"Anakin, you are close with the Chancellor, go pay him a visit and ask if everything is okay." I say to the young Jedi.

"By himself?!" Padme exclaims.

"It's the only possible way to make the Chancellor talk..." I say to the young Senator, "It's the best option."

"I'll go, it will be fine." Anakin says, bowing before leaving.

"It will be fine Padme." I say giving her a hug, "Anakin's a strong young man."

I look up and see Master Windu, he gives me a knowing smile. 

Crap!