Chapter 40: Goodbye

We are now sitting in one of the viewing boxes in the Court.

"Ahsoka Tano, you have been charged with sedition against the Jedi Order and the Republic itself." Chancellor Palpatine starts the court, "This court may decide your fate. Prosecution you may begin your arguments."

"Former Padawan Tano, I shall prove that you were the mastermind behind the attack on the Jedi Temple and that once your accomplices carried out your orders you eliminated them one by one." Admiral Tarkin says smiling at the Padawan. "When you are found guilty, I ask the court that the full extent of the law be brought down upon you, including penalty of death."

He takes a pause and I look at Ahsoka, she shouldn't be there and I know that most Council disagrees with me.

"Letta Turmond called Ahsoka to her cell to reveal the name of the true mastermind behind the bombing of the Jedi Temple. Letta told Ahsoka she was afraid. She told her the mastermind was a Jedi, and before she could reveal the Jedi's name, Letta Turmond was strangled to death by way of the Force.
Why would Ahsoka kill Letta with a method that would so obviously tie the murder to her? A Jedi may be responsible for the murder, but that Jedi is not Ahsoka Tano." Tarkin continues until he is cut off by Padme.

"You are prosecuting the wrong Jedi." She says stepping forward.

"Well said Senator Amidala." Admiral Tarkin says smiling, "However, is she is innocent, then why was she seen conspiring with known Separatist terrorist Asajj Ventress?"

"Ventress set me up." Ahsoka says. "My Master will prove that."

"And where is your Master?"

"He's trying to find the real murderer."

"Then maybe he should be looking at you."

"I'm sure many of you look at this former Jedi and think, 'Surely she cannot be this murderer or saboteur that they speak of.'" Padme starts, "And yet think of all the times we have been fooled by the Separatists and how they have infiltrated the Republic and ask yourself, "Is this yet another Separatist scheme?" Another way to rip the Jedi, and subsequently all of us, apart."

"The members of the court have reached a decision." Chancellor Palpatine says.

"Chancellor." Anakin says walking into the room with Barris..?

"I hope you have a reason for bursting into our proceedings, Master Skywalker." The Chancellor says smiling.

"I'm here with evidence and a confession from the person responsible for all the crimes Ahsoka has been accused of." He pauses and looks at Barris, "Barris Offee member of the Jedi Order and traitor."

"Barris is this true?" Ahsoka says looking at her former friend.

"Tell them the truth." Anakin says pushing her forward.

"I did it because I've come to realize what many of people in the Republic have come to realize, that the Jedi are the ones responsible for this war, that we've so lost our way that we have become villains in this conflict, that we are the ones that should be put on trial, all of us! And my attack on the Temple was an attack on what the Jedi have become, an army fighting for the dark side, fallen from the light that we once held so dear. This Republic is failing! It's only a matter of time." Barris exclaims to the court.

"Take her away."

Once we all return to the Council room Ashoka and Anakin are called in.

"I'm so sorry about every Soka." I exclaim giving her a hug.

"You have our most humble apologies, little Soka." Master Plo Koon says.

"The Council was wrong to accuse you." Master Windu says, "You have shown such great strength and resilience in your struggle to prove your innocence. This is the true sign of a Jedi Knight. This was actually your Great Trial. Now we see that."

"We understand the Force works in mysterious ways, and because of this trial, you have become a greater Jedi than you would have otherwise. Master Windu finishes.

"Back to the Order you may come." Master Yoda says smiling.

"They're asking you back Soka!" I exclaim smiling.

"I'm asking you back." Anakin says to his Padawan.

"I'm sorry, Master, (Y/n), but I'm not coming back." We watch as she leaves, Anakin and I run after her.

"Soka wait!" I exclaim.

"Ahsoka! We need to talk to you!" Anakin exclaims as we reach Ahsoka.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask.

"The Council didn't trust me, so how can I trust myself?" Ahsoka says looking down.

"What about us? We believed in you." Anakin says touching his Padawan's shoulders.

"I stood by you." I said to her.

"I know you both trust me, Anakin, (Y/n), and I'm grateful for that." She pauses and looks up at us, "But this isn't about you. I can't stay her any longer, not now."

"The Jedi Order is your life!" I exclaim, "You can't just throw it away like this."

"Ahsoka you're making a mistake." Anakin says sternly.

"Maybe, but I have to sort this out on my own, without the Council and without the both of you."

"We understand." I say.

"More than you realise, we understand wanting to walk away from the Jedi Order, by herself this time...