Chapter 27: Leader

We all walk back into the dinner room, I seems like all of the senators have arrived. Obi, Anakin and I walk over to Padme and Duchess Satine.

Suddenly Chancellor Palpatine booms, "Welcome Senators and the Jedi Council, please, take a seat wherever you please!"

All of us watch as the Supreme Chancellor sits at the head of the table. Obi takes my hand and we walk to the furthest end of the table, Duchess Satine comes and sits at the edge of the table next to Obi, I, of course, am sitting next to obi, next to me is Master Windu. Across from me is Padme and Anakin on her right Ahsoka is sitting on the other side of Anakin. Obi and I are talking about random stuff when waitress droids come out and gives us our food. It looks so delicious.

"We haven't eaten like this for a while." Obi says looking down at his meal.

"Are they not feeding you Jedi well?" Duchess Satine suggests, obviously only to Obi and not me.

"No, they are." He says bluntly.

I watch as the waitress droids fill our cups with red wine. I look at Obi who seems pleased.

"Obi, I don't know how dinner parties work." I say to him with a nervous chuckle.

"It's okay, Master Windu and I will show you the ropes." He says laughing.

"Yes." Master Windu says, "The Chancellor will have a speech and then we will lift up is glass, once he does this he will say something. You will then lift your glass and repeat what his said. Got it?"

"I think so..."

"Good!" Obi exclaims happily, "Dinner parties are boring, but, at least you get good food out of it!"

I smile at the man as he kisses my cheek.

"What did I say about public affection?" Master Windu says smiling.

"But everyone already knows, Master." I say laughing.

"Whatever, my rule still stands." Master Windu says rubbing the top of my head.

I hear clicking of a spoon against a glass, must be the Chancellor. Everyone stops talking and looks at the Chancellor. "I have a few words to say before we feast."

Those who were whispering stops.

"I would like to commend the entire Republic and the army for their support during this war. Although some of your like to keep the peace, your support is very much appreciated. I would also like to thank the Jedi Council for coming today. The Jedi have worked tirelessly to support and command our armies. Master Yoda, Master Windu, General Kenobi, Lady (L/n), Master Kloon, Master Ki-Adi-Mundi, Master Fisto, Master Shaak Ti and Master Skywalker. All of the Jedi have been affected by this, like the young apprentices like Padawan Tano."

All of the Senators and Jedi clap.

I watch as the Chancellor lifts his glass.

"Wait for it." Obi whispers. "Follow everyone else."

I sit and watch the Chancellor. "To the Republic!"

Everyone and me included raises our glasses and chant, "To the Republic!"

We all start eating and I look at Obi.

"Hey, you did well for your first dinner party." He says patting my head, "Good job."

"Thanks, now we eat?" I say taking my knife and fork.

"Yes, now we eat."

I start eating but something feels wrong. I look at Obi but he seems fine, I turn and look at Master Windu but he seems fine too. I decide to shrug it off for a while.

A few minutes pass but the feelings get worse, I shut my eyes and try to vision whatever I'm feeling. Someone's pointing a gun at me.

"Obi." I say quietly, "Someone's going to shoot me."

"I feel something is wrong." Master Windu says, hearing my frightened whisper.

"I feel it too." Obi says, we looks at Anakin but he is having too much fun with Padme.

I shut my eyes and I see a person with a gun in the vent behind me. I feel his finger coming closer to the trigger.

Before it's too late I stand up and use the Force to pick my up chair and I block the bullet. All of the Senators gasp and scream once they hear the bullet go off.
All of the Jedi stand up and ignite their lightsabers, all expect for the females. Guess they couldn't find a way to sneak it in. I look at the vent and see that the person has left.
I look around the room and I see the Chancellor, shocked and confused.

"He's after you, because you don't have a weapon..." He says standing up.

"Unfortunately, that is incorrect." I say to the group, I unclip the neck piece and let the dress fall, I conveniently put a spare set of my usual outfit underneath. I take my lightsaber and hold it in my hands. I shut my eyes and think, "Shaak, take the Senators and Chancellor into a safe room, take Kit and Plo with you."

I watch as the three bow, "Yes Milady." They start guiding the Senators and the Chancellor out of the room. I can't help but feel as though there's something wrong with the Chancellor, but I can't quite place my finger on it, it must be my imagination.

I look around the room and see the remaining Jedi, Anakin, Ahsoka, Obi, Master Windu, Master Yoda and Ki-Adi-Mundi with their lightsabers ignited and ready for anything.

Anakin's voice erupts, "Lady (Y/n) sure as a way of leading."

"She does." Ahsoka says, "Because we know we can trust her more than the usual Jedi, everyone understands what she wants you to do is the right thing."

"Agreed." Ki-Adi-Mundi says smiling.

"He's not in this room." I stay as I ignite my lightsaber, "He's under the room."

I quickly and swiftly stab my lightsaber into the ground and hear a muffled scream. Cad Bane...
With the help of Obi, we slice through the floor and see the blue-skinned bounty hunter.

I look over at Rex and Fives who wee guarding the entrance. "Rex, Fives."

"Yes Milady?" They turn and stand to attention.

"At ease." I say waving my hand, "Arrest him." I use the Force to take his weapons off him, "Take him to interrogation 1."

Get arrest him and bow as they leave.

"Canceled, the dinner party should be." Master Yoda says.

"After the fright no one should want to resume." Obi says rubbing his chin, "But, this is such a prestigious event."

I look at Anakin, "Anakin, go tell Shaak, Kit and Plo what the matter as been dealt with and it is safe for the Senators and Chancellor now.." I look at Ahsoka, "Ahsoka, you stay here in case something happens."

They both bow and Anakin leaves the room.

A few minutes later, him, the Senators and Chancellor Palpatine come back into the room.

"What happened?" Palpatine says.

"A bounty hunter. He has been taken into questioning." Master Windu says.

"The dinner party shall continue!" The Chancellor says as everyone sits back down.

"Again." The Chancellor starts, "The Jedi have helped us in the face of danger." He sighs and looks at me, "Lady (L/n) is definitely an influential figure in the Jedi Council."

"Yes, she definitely is." Master Windu says smiling at me.

"Why is that?" Chancellor Palpatine questions the Master.

"Everyone trusts her the most in the Jedi Council, she leads with positivity and confidence."

"Now, that is a true leader and friend!" Chancellor Palpatine exclaims as everyone cheers.

I feel Obi rub my back, "You're amazing, my dear."

"You are too, Obi..."