Chapter 31: Courtyard

It's been about two months since Master Windu told Obi and I about Master Yoda's vision. Obi and I have decided to ignore and continue on as normal. Now, in the middle of the Clone Wars, we are sitting in a restaurant with Anakin and Ahsoka.

"Do you all really think we have time to sit in a restaurant and talk?" I say to the group, cupping my face in my hands, "We're in the middle-"

"Of a war?" Obi finishes my statement, "yes, but, us generals, and commander." he says as Ahsoka smiles and nods, "Should have some breaks from the war, right my dear?"

I look at the brown-haired man, "Right... whatever you say... General..." I say rolling my eyes.

"Of course I'm right." He says chuckling.

"Ew! Can you two stop?!" Ahsoka says pulling a jokingly disgusted face.

"He started it." I say pointing at Obi while taking a sip of my drink.

"No, I did not!" Obi exclaims, scoffing, "You started it!"

"Two must be envolved to start something..." Anakin murmurs.

"What was that, Ani?" I say laughing.

"Nothing, Lady (Y/n)." Ankin says rubbing the back of his neck, "Let us eat!"

The food then arrives at our table, it looks wonderful! I take my fork and poke around.

"We haven't eaten this good in ages (Y/n)!" Ahsoka exclaims cutting into her meat, "Enjoy it while we can!"

I smile at the young Padawan, so much life, so joyful. I cut the meat and I start to eat the food. It tastes so good, better than the food at the Temple, I can say that!

Of course, we talked about simple things, it reminded me about the years before the war, me and Master Windu would usually go out like this and eat once in a while after we finished missions, as congratulations.

I look at the group, Ahsoka, Anakin and Obi are talking about something while I am eating, I watch as Obi finishes his plate, he has always been a quick eater, unlike me, a slow eater. I chuckle to myself.
I see Anakin finish his plate too.
Ahsoka too!
Wow, I must be a very slow eater!

"No need to hurry (Y/n)." Obi says putting his hand on my shoulder, "Take your time, we wouldn't want you to get sick would we?"

"Why not?" I ask putting my knife and fork down.

"Then I would have to take care of you!" He exclaims laughing.

"Why is that an issue? Obi?" I say picking my knife and fork back up and taking a bite.

"Hm, because you're already-"

"Guys!" Ahsoka interrupts, "Again..?"

"I'm sorry Ashoka..." I say as I continue to eat.

The rest of the dinner was in silence. Once I finished my meal, we went into our ship, of course, Anakin and Obi were piloting.
Ahsoka and I are sitting behind them. Making sure everything is okay.

"Master Kenobi, (Y/n), I'm sorry for what I said at the dinner, it was rude." Ahsoka says looking down into her lap.

"Ahsoka..." I say smiling, I put my hand on her shoulder, "You are young and following the Jedi Code. I understand your frustrations. It's okay."

"Thanks (Y/n)..." Ahsoka says smiling at me, "I'm sorry Master Kenobi..."

"As (Y/n) said, all id good Ahsoka, no need for apologies. You're young, so much to learn, so little will the Jedi Order teach you." Obi says looking back at the girl.

We have finally arrived back at the Temple. Obi and I say goodbye to the other two as we walk to our room.

"Instead of going inside, would you like to come to the courtyard for a little bit?" He asks taking my hands away from the door.

"Sure, what's the matter Obi?" I say turning to face him, "We only go to the courtyard of there's something we would like to talk about."

"Yes, there is something..." He takes my hand and pulls me to the courtyard, a lot of Padawan and Jedi are watching this happen.

"Again Master Kenobi?" Master Luminara says smiling at Obi and I.

"This is very important Master Luminara!"

"Good luck, Lady (Y/n)!" She exclaims waving me away.

When we reach the courtyard, Obi walks over to the edge of the fountain, he feels around the edge and finds a dry spot, "Sit here (Y/n)." He says pointing to a dry spot.

I take a seat and look up at him, "What's the matter Obi?" I ask, concern lacing my voice, "Are you not sleeping well? Are you always hungry? What's wrong?"

"Yes, I'm not sleeping well..." he says kneeling I front of me, he puts his hand in one of his satchels on his belt, he moves his right leg back. I feel him take my hand.

"Obi, what's wrong?" I question looking down at the man.

"The issue, my dear." He says kissing my hand, "Is the fact that we aren't married."
He takes out a small box from his satchel, I feel my eyes tear up and I cover my mouth with my free hand, "Lady (Y/n) (L/n), I have loved you since we I first laid eyes on you, all of the things we have been though, all of our memories... remarkable..." He pauses and smiles, "Will you marry me?"

I feel the tears rush down my face, I can't control myself!!

"Yes! Yes! Yes!!" I exclaim standing up and hugging him, he slips the ring onto my finger. I hear an applause coming from the shadows.

I look around the see Master Windu, Master Yoda, Plo, Ki-Adi, Shaak, Kit, Unduli, Anakin and Ahsoka all clapping and whistling.

"Finally!" Ahsoka yells out to us.

I hug Obi tighter and whisper, "This has been the best day of my life... I love you..."

"And I love you more..."