Chapter 26: Senator Dinner Party

It's been a few rotations since Obi and I started sharing a room and since I built my white lightsaber. I hear a knock on our door. I walk over to it and answer.

"Master Windu?" I question, "Please, come in!"

Obi gets off the bed and walks over to the Master.

"I have something very important to tell the both of you." He looks at Obi and I, "The entire a Jedi Council will be joining the Senators at their dinner party, ball thing."

"When is this?" I ask.

"I heard it was tonight." Obi says rubbing his chin.

"Tonight!?" I exclaim looking at the two Jedi, "I don't have a dress! I don't like dressing up! How am I going to get a good dress in time?!"

"You should talk to Senator Amidala, or Duchess Satine." Master Windu says, "I will be going now, I'll see you tonight."

I watch as he leaves the room and shuts the door behind him, I sigh and look at Obi, "Why didn't he tell us sooner?"

"I have no clue."

"Let us to talk to Padme, maybe she has something I could borrow."

I start walking to the door and Obi follows. As soon as we get to Padme's office I press the doorbell.

"Come in."

I open the door and see Padme sitting behind her desk.

"Oh, (Y/n), Obi-Wan, is there an issue?" She asks looking up at us, she gestures to the couches in front of her desk.

Obi and I take a seat as I sigh and wait for her to join us.

"Yes, a problem." I say with a weak smile, "I was just told that all of the Jedi Council will be attending the Senators dinner."

"And you don't have a dress, do you?" She says laughing.

"Correct..." I say rubbing the back of my neck.

"You can borrow one of my dresses." Padme stands up and talks to her handmaiden who was away into Padme's room next door.

A few seconds later, she comes out with a yellow, pink and purple ombré dress. "You may borrow this one, I think it will suit you very well."

I stand up and take the dress, "Thank you so much Padme, it means a lot to me."

"You're my friend, it's no problem! Anytime you need a dress feel free to come to me!"

She guides us to the door and we leave. I look out a window and see that we have about half an hour until the dinner starts.
Obi and I make our way to our room and I run into the bathroom to get changed.

"No need to rush, my dear!" Obi shouts from the other side.

"We have half an hour!"

"Then, there's every need to rush!"

I start getting changed, although the dress is really confusing but I manage. I look at my lightsabers on the sink, I take them and my other clothes out of the bathroom, I then put them on the bed. I hear Obi walk into the bathroom. I go to the dresser and find my old thigh belt. I put lightsaber holder in it and put the belt around my right thigh. I hear the bathroom door open as I finish putting the lightsaber in the holder.

"Going to a dinner party with weapons? How scandalous!" Obi exclaims coming up to me and putting his arm around my waist.

"Always need to be prepared." I look at my other lightsaber, "Unfortunately this one needs to stay..."

He takes the white lightsaber and puts in my bedside table, "It'll be safe there."

He starts guiding me to the door, "Make sure to hide it well."

"I wonder if anyone can see through this dress." I giggle.

"You know, this dress looks really pretty on you." He says looking down at me and smiling, "I think Padme was right."

"Thank you Obi, I wonder." I look at his black suit, "Where did you get this from?"

"It was something I had laying around. Useful at times like this."

"You're so smart..." I say sighing.

"What's wrong?" He says as we exit the room, I see a lot of young Jedi and Padawan looking at us.

"I'm nervous. I feel as though I shouldn't be going."

"I'm sure you'll fit in just fine. The Senators are very nice people." He says rubbing my back as we make our way to a transport.

In a few minutes we reach the dining hall where the dinner party will be held.

"I'll show you how to do this fancy people stuff." He says whispering, "Put you hand on your hip."

I do as he tells me and he feel his hand hold onto the inside of my elbow.

"Now, walk with me." He says a we enter the room.

Most of the Senators are here expect for a few. I see Padme with Anakin and Satine. I start talking to Obi when Padme walks over to us with Anakin and Satine.

"Well, I guess I made the right choice, Lady (Y/n)?" Padme asks giggling.

"You are such a wonderful stylist!" I exclaim, "I hope I am wearing this right."

She inspects me and smiles, "Not bad."

Obi is still holding onto my inner elbow, his grips has tightened now that Satine is here.

"Lady (Y/n), you look wonderful as always." Satine says smiling at me, "You too, General Kenobi."

"Thank you, I can say the same to you, Duchess..." I say bowing my head.

"Thank you, Duchess." Obi says bowing his head too.

We start talking and then Master Windu comes towards us, "I'm sorry for interrupting this conversation, but may I borrow Lady (Y/n), Master Skywalker and Master Kenobi."

"Of course, Master Windu." Padme says letting go of Anakin.

We bow and we follow Master Windu out of the building.

"Master, there has to be something going on for the entire Jedi Council to be here." I say to the man.

"No, nothing is happening tonight. Did you all bring your lightsabers?" He asks p, he looks at the boys and he's their lightsabers hanging from their usual belt. Then he looks at me, "(Y/n)?"

"Yes, I am using a thigh belt to hold it." I say grabbing the lightsaber from the outside of the dress.

"Good, just in case something happens."