Chapter 20: Mandalore

I wake up and get dressed, today is the day that Obi and I head off to Mandalore to confront the Duchess. I'm still confused about their relationship, but I shouldn't be concerned.
I walk out of my room and head off to the dining room where a ton of troopers are eating, I see Obi sitting at our usual table.
I get my food and I sit down opposite Obi, "Excited to go off to Mandalore?"

"Yeah, I'll just let you know, Duchess Satine is quite fond of me." He says chuckling, "Nothing to worry about, my dear, that was ages ago."

"What do you mean?" I say smiling to him.

"Master Qui-Gon and I were asked to protect her from her enemies. We were on the run with no certainties about what the next day would bring for nearly a year."

"Wow, that's pretty crazy." I say eating my food.

"Hey, don't worry!" He exclaims chuckling, "Hey, who would fall in love with a Duchess."

"Let me guess, not you?" I say giggling.

"Correct!" He says reaching over and flicking my forehead, "Whatever she does to me, don't let it bother you."

"General Kenobi, Lady (Y/n), the Shop is ready." Captain Rex says appearing behind us.

"Thank you Captain!" I exclaim as Obi stands up and lends me his hand, "Thank you, General Kenobi."

"My pleasure!"

We land on Mandalore where Prime Minister Almec says, "The Duchess awaits you, Lady (Y/n), General Kenobi."

"Far be it for me to keep the Duchess waiting."

We get lead into a room where Duchess Satine is awaiting us, "General Kenobi, Lady (Y/n). Thank you for meeting with me, Prime Minister Almec." She pauses and looks at Obi and I, "I welcome you as a servant of The people, but I am troubled by the false rumours that brought You here." She sighs, "Mandalore would never turn against the Republic."

"The Duchess Satine values peace more than her own life." The Prime Minister says.

"Oh, I'm aware of the Duchess' views." Obi says looking at the woman.

"Master Kenobi, Mandalore's violent past is behind us. All of our warriors were exiled to our moon, Concordia. They died out years ago." The Prime Minister says looking at Obi.

"Hmm..." I say, "With all due respect, are you certain? We recently encountered a man who wore Mandalorian armour, Boba Fett. A common bounty hunter.

"How we acquired that armour is beyond me." She says looking at Obi, "Well, Master Kenobi. My shining Jedi Knight to the rescue." The Duchess says, I look over at Obi who sighs.

"The one who rescued me, accuses me of treachery." She says looking at the Jedi Master.

"I would never accuse you of personal wrongdoing, Duchess." He says back rebutting her statement. "However, a separatist Saboteur attacked one of our Republic cruisers, a Mandalorian saboteur."

I them show the hologram of a figure in Mandalorian armour attacking a Republic cruiser.

"You must be mistaken." The Duchess says, "No Mandalorian would engage in such violence." He pauses and looks down, "Not anymore." She takes a moment and looks back at us, "Where is this prisoner now?"

"He took his own life rather than submit to questioning." I tell the Duchess.

"I know we sound defensive, but, clearly your investigation was order because the senate is eager to intervene in Our affairs." The Duchess says looking straight at me.

"Our investigation was ordered by the Jedi Council." Obi corrects the Duchess.

"I stand corrected." She stands up, "General Kenobi, perhaps you'd like to join me on a walk through the city."

Obi looks at me and I smile, "Go ahead."

"But what about my colleague?" He asks the Duchess.

"The Prime Minister will keep her company." He says as she walks down the stairs to meet with Obi.

"Contact me if anything happens here." He whispers to me.

"Of course!" I giggle, "Have fun with the Duchess."

"Stop That! You know I won't look at anyone but you." He snarls jokingly.

"Of course, I know that."

"General Kenobi." The Duchess breaks our conversation.

I watch as Obi leaves with the Duchess and the Prime Minister Leads me to a table where we sit down and have tea. In silence.
Suddenly, I feel the same sharp, burning pain in my heart, I clutch my heart and I lower my head.

"Is everything okay Milady?" The Prime Minister says putting his hand on my shoulder.

I nod but my ComLink starts buzzing, "Please excuse me." I say standing and walking away from the Prime Minister.

"What's wrong Obi?"

"What's wrong?!" He grunts, "Are you not feeling it too?"

"Yes! I do! Stop moving forward!" I say as I feel the pain worsen.

"The Duchess isn't stopping."

"Tell her too!"

"Obi-Wan?!" I hear her exclaim and I fall onto the floor and everything does black.

I wake up and I see Obi sitting next to me with the Duchess on the other side of the room.

"Please explain what happened back there Obi-Wan!" She exclaims with her eyes tearing up.

"Not now Satine, give us a minute!" Obi exclaims at the woman, I look at her and she seems upset and scared by his sudden outburst.

"Are you okay (Y/n)?" He asks taking my hand.

"I am but, that was so painful."

"I know, we will tell Master Windu when we get back." He sighs and kisses my hand, "I'm glad you're okay."

"I'm glad your okay too."

He stokes my cheek with his thumb but then the Duchess clears her throat, "Do we want to explain what happened? Jedi?"