Chapter 47: Count Dooku Again...

We head for the elevator. A door opens in the hallway and two of General Grievous' bodyguards confront us.

"General Kenobi, Lady Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker. We es been waiting for you."

"We are here to relieve you of Chancellor Palpatine, not join him." I say laughing.

More droids join us and we ignite our lightsabers and we stand back-to-back.

"Anakin... (Y/n)..." Obi says.

"Ready." Anakin and I say in unison.

We use our lightsabers and cut as the circle in the floor. We cut down several floors into a large generator room. I hear huge explosions outside the ship, several large pipes above us break and fluid is spewing everywhere. We all deactivate our lightsabers.
I dip a finger into the liquid and sniff it.

"Fuel. The slightest charge from our savers will send this ship into oblivion. That's why they've stopped shooting." Obi says.

"Well then, we're safe for the time being." Anakin says smiling.

"Your idea of safe is not the same as mine." I say as I see Obi nod.

We start running, explosions are going off everywhere she ship is rattling, more pipes continue to burst, more fuel is spilling into the hallways. I look into the distance and see six super battle droids drop into the duel.

"They're sealing this section off." Anakin says.

"Six droids coming our way!" Obi exclaims warning us all.

"Keep moving. There must be vents..." I look around, "This way."

After some trouble the elevator doors open and we carefully make our way into the main room of the General's Quarters. We see the Chancellor and we make our was towards him.

"Chancellor." Obi and I say bowing.

"Are you all right?" Anakin asks the Chancellor.

Chancellor Palpatine whispers, "Count Dooku."

We turn around and the eve later doors open revealing Count Dooku. He is standing on the balcony with two super battle droids.

"This time we'll do to together." Obi whispers to Anakin.

"I was about to say that." Anakin replies with a chuckle.

Count Dooku jumps down to the main level.

"Get help! You're not match for him. He's a Sith Lord." Palpatine exclaims from his chair.

"Chancellor Palpatine, Sith Lords Are our specialty." Obi says smirking at the Chancellor.

All three of us throw off our cloaks.

"Your swords, please, Master Jedi. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor." Count Dooku says.

"You won't get away this time, Dooku." I say to the Sith Lord as I ignite my lightsaber. It's purple glow filling the room.

Obi and Anakin follow my lead.

We move forward and attack the Count. He is blocking just fine. The three of us split up at we are all attacking from different sides. He manages to block all of us successfully.

"I've been looking forwards to this." Count Dooku says with a smile.

"My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count." Anakin says.

"Good. Twice the pride, double the fall." Count Dooku says smiling at the young boy before he lunges at us.

I watch as Obi gets Force pushed away. Anakin and I continue to attack the Count as Obi gets up and kills the droids. I can hear Palpatine go to say something, he stops himself?

Obi goes to attack the Count but he blocks it and Force chokes Obi, he throws him away and he sits a railing. I watch as Count Dooku moves the floor boarding on top of Obi and it almost crashes on Obi. I push it away and throw it to the other side. I see Count Dooku has a sour expression.

Anakin continues to fight Count Dooku while I try to feel Obi's Force signature he's alive. I immediately jump back into the action. Anakin gets pushes away so now it is only myself and the Count.

"I sense great fear in you, Lady Kenobi. Your child?" Count Dooku says with a smirk.

"Do not speak of her!" I exclaim as I regain my composure.

Our fighting become more intense, I attack instead of blocking. Count Dooku has given me and opportunity and I cut of his hands.

"Good, Lady Kenobi, Good." Chancellor Palpatine says laughing.

I ignite my other lightsaber and I hold them is a cross around his neck. Something is familiar about Count Dooku. I just don't understand what.

"Kill him." Chancellor Palpatine says. "Kill him now."

I see Count Dooku Look at the Chancellor, he seems to be begging for mercy. He looks back up at me. I can't describe this feeling.

"I can't..." I say as I look down at the man, there's something about him that makes me feel safe.

"(Y/n), you're mother..." Count Dooku says looking at me with his eyes full of mercy, "I loved her."

"What do you mean?" I ask him.

"I'm your father."

"Don't Listen to him, he is too dangerous to be kept alive!" Palpatine exclaims.

"(Y/n)!" I hear Anakin shout, "Get away from him!"

Anakin Force pushes me away and I land on top of Obi.

"Kim him."

Anakin ignites his lightsaber and takes Count Dooku's red one. He puts them in a cross around his neck.

I watch as Anakin stands there, conflict...

"I shouldn't..." Anakin says

"Do it." Palpatine says.

I watch as in one smooth motion, Anakin cuts off Count Dooku's head. I watch as the Count's body falls limb on the ground. Anakin deactivates the two lightsabers.

"You did well, Anakin. He was too dangerous to be kept alive." Palpatine says smiling.

"Yes but it was an unarmed prisoner." Anakin says releasing the Chancellor, "I shouldn't have done that, it's not the Jedi way."

I stand up and I dust myself off. I look at Anakin and the Chancellor but I tend to Obi. "He's alright, no broken bones, his breathing is fine."

"Leave him or we'll never make it." The Chancellor says walking up to me.

I look up at him in disbelief. I jaw is wide open and I put my lightsabers back where they live on my belt. I stand up and look at him and Anakin.

"His fate will be the same as ours." Anakin says picking Obi up and slinging him over his shoulder. Palpatine and I follow him to the elevator.