Miles Baker

In Beverly Hills, Los Angeles. Sixteen year old, Miles Baker, is an Honor Roll student at Beverly Hills High School. His father, Howard Baker, an African American, who is a judge and his mother, Martha Baker, a caucasian, who is a real estate agent. Miles is biracial and mostly bullied at school due to his race. He got up and get ready for school. He put on his glasses and made sure he got all his homework and his books in his bag. 

"Miles!" Howard called him from downstairs.

Miles ignored him as he was reading The Flash comic book. His father start coming upstairs to get him down. 

"Hey, Miles! It's breakfast. You're going to be late." Howard said as he opens the door.

"Oh sorry." Miles said as he puts the comic book down and grabbed his book bag.

"You haven't read those in awhile." Howard said as he look at my old comic books.

"Me and Thao used to read these all the time." Miles said as Howard looks at him.

"Well, maybe I can get into them." Howard said.

"No offense, dad, but comic books aren't your thing." Miles said as he got his bag and went downstairs in the kitchen.

In the kitchen, Martha was fixing breakfast as Miles and Howard both came into the kitchen. She cooked pancakes, organic eggs and turkey sausages.

"Moms cooking a buffet." Miles said as he opens the refrigerator to get some juice.

"Don't sound so surprise. How many pancakes? Your favorite. Two or three stacks?" Martha said.

"I'm going with O.J. thanks, though. Look, special breakfast. I get it. You don't have to feel sorry for me." Miles said as he grabbed the orange juice out of the refrigator.

"Miles, we understand. We gave you some space. Last year, you spent all your time to yourself." Martha said.

"There's nothing wrong being kept to yourself. How many people can say that? Plus, I still have a life ahead of me, I'll take my time to make new friends." Miles said as he drank his orange juice.

"Look, I know you kids today can be anti social, but you're only young once. Don't let your life go by without you. Don't let go on that." Howard said.

"Right, because you'll lose your life and everything you know. And you'll lose your great job keeping in touch of your friends like that." Mile said.

"Well, I have a lot thinks to do today. I gotta get to the courthouse. Get these criminal to serve their time. Oh and remember, I have to go to a party tonight. So don't wait up for me." Howard as he got his briefcase.

"And I have a lot of clients today. There are trying to buy Khloe Kardashian's old house." Martha said.

"You be giving other rich people the opportunity for a tax radar." Miles said.

"Oh, it's the office. I gotta take this." Howard said as he look at his phone and walks out of the kitchen.

"Just think about what we said, ok? Those kids at school are probably feeling the exact same way you're right now." Martha said.

"Actually, most of them got over it." Miles said.

"Or maybe they're better at hiding their emotions. They just don't want to admit it." Martha said.

"Hey, finish up. I gotta get to the courthouse in an hour. I can't be late and you can't be late." Howard as he heads out the car.

"Coming, dad. I'm quick as The Flash." I said as I got my book bag and head out to the car.