Chapter1

"Ray, you're buying the drinks tonight I assume, you did loose the bet", Jason smirks at his friend.  "Yah, yah, I got you, don't worry."  Jason just smiles at his friend knowing Ray needs a few hours to unwind just as badly as he does. 

Three beers and three shots later, Brock, Trent and Sonny finally show up, realizing they have some serious catching up to do.  Everyone is exhausted after the drawn out mission that lasted much longer then anticipated, so the hope for some down time was something they each needed and hoped for.

     Sonny was playing darts while talking up a blond that Jason had seen once or twice before, while Brock and Trent discussed their upcoming holiday plans they had.  Ray and Jason sat at the table relaxing having a light conversation about their kids and what was going on in their lives.  Jason still finding it hard to believe both kids are in college and loving their classes and independence while RJ, Ray's youngest is starting junior high.  "We are getting old man, Ray says".  "No, our kids are," Jason smirks.

     "Seriously boss, you can not expect us to run drills on Saturday?" 
"I do Sonny, and you know, I can tack on a few extra for you since you are so looking forward to it," says Jason  with a shit eating grin on his face.  "No, no, there's no need., I'm good.  Ah..., yah, can't wait!"  Brock and Trent share a smile knowing Sonny just bought himself a little extra love on Saturday, sealing the deal that Jason will definitely go easier on them for sure.

     Sitting around the table deciding if they want to order some food to go with the drinks, a young women approaches their table.  "Excuse me......  Jason Hayes?"  Jason looks up from his beer, "yah, that's me.  What can I do for you?" 

"Im assuming you don't remember me, but my name is Cassie Burns.  You dated my sister Jessie for a while."  Jason stares at the girl completely confused not being able to place her.  Cassie seems to realize and adds, "it was about 9 years ago, it didn't last long."    She notices that it's clicking with Jason and he was remembering her sister and their relationship.  Taking a sip of his beer, "Oh yah, I remember now....... ". Jason remembers it was quite brief.  Alana had filed for divorce, and Jess had a sinfully hot body, was a lot of fun, and more problems then he could ever deal with.  It lasted maybe 3 months, and was dysfunctional from the word go.  He had been drinking way more then usual, and Jessie loved to party. It was basically hooking up that should have never lasted longer then one night.    It wasn't until Jason realized that Jessie was also heavy into drugs that he ended it.   He couldn't believe he had missed all he signs, but his mind was not in a good place at the time.  The drugs were the deal breaker.  It ended pretty heatedly, with Jessie slapping him and telling him "to go to hell." 
     "Cassie, it's nice seeing you, but Jessie and I were over a long time ago," Jason says.  Cassie stands there for a few seconds before saying, " um Jessie died,,,,, an uh, overdose." 
The guys continued sitting there wondering what was going on.  None of them ever remember hearing about someone named Jessie.  "I'm sorry for your loss," Jason looks at her in the eye for a brief moment. 
     "My sister and I were never, um  close and it wasn't until she passed away that I found out a few things I wish I had known long before."  "That's great and all, but what's that got to do with me," Jason says, a touch of annoyance beginning to be heard in his tone.   Cassie stares at him in disbelief, she seems to be speechless.  You're serious," her voice taking on a tone of its own.   That's all you have to say?......  You've got to be kidding me!  I guess you are as big of an asshole as Jess said!!!" "To think I wasted all this time trying to find you!"   Thinking you would finally do the right thing and help me help yu'r..... her voice becomes quiet not finishing her sentence.   You know what,,,, forget it!"   She turns and starts to leave when Jason who thinks he's never been so confused in his entire life says, "good, because I have no idea what you are talking about."  Jason downs the rest of us beer holding it up so the waitress knows to bring him another one. 
     When Cassie turns around and looks in Jason's eyes, she sees something she never thought she would see. She walks back over to the table, feeling like she could vomit knowing the answer to her next question before she even asks it.  "Oh God, you seriously don't know, do you?"  Getting tired of this Jason fears he's gonna loose it soon.  " I have no idea what you are talking about."  Cassie pales before mumbling,  "oh God Jess what did you do?...  You swore you told him?  I'm so stupid, I'm so stupid!  Why did I believe you".  Everyone at the table is silent.  Confused as to what the hell is going on right now.  Cassie looks Jason in the eye and say, "Jason, Jess was pregnant."