Part 24

Trent got the car seat in, and the others were standing around Jason talking about what they were responsible for tomorrow.  Josh has been  on his phone for a while Jason thinks.  It's now almost 8 and Jason s hoping Ryan is down for the night.  Josh comes over and approaches them

"So, I just got off the phone with my boss, and I have permission to keep Ryan for the weekend.  A new foster family has been found so he can go there Monday.  I have to take pictures of Ryan's bruises and send them to her.  She is filling charges Monday.. "
"So what will happen," Trent asks.
Josh sighs," honestly, probably nothing. The last thing the state wants is to close a facility that can house many children. Plus, they know that Ryan can't articulate what happened without coaxing, so they will just blame one of the kids and say they did it,"

"So what you're saying is this little boy is prime pickins for the system. They use his difficulty communicating to their benefit?" Sonny is pissed.
Josh just looks at him, and doesn't even need to say a word.

"Jason, uh, if I give you my credit card, would you mind stopping and getting Ryan a pair of pajamas, and something to wear tomorrow? I don't want to wake him, and he doesn't do to well in noisy places he's not use to."

"Yah, I'd love to get him a few things. Forget the card, I wanna get it for him. Do you know what size?" Jason asks.
"Get 3T or 4t. Just eye ball it best you can. Uh, I hate to ask, he doesn't have a jacket, and his shoes are worn through. I was going to get him those on pay day."

"Nope, I'll take care of it. What size shoe?"
"Get a 10.  He has a 10 on now, and they still fit him well, they're just worn down. He's really picky." Josh laughs. "Seriously though, he has a lot of sensory problems. If you can, make sure to try and find tag less clothes, if not, cut the tags out as close as you can to the seam. Little boxer briefs. Not boxers or God forbid briefs (he laughs again). I made that mistake once. Shoes are a crap shoot, so good luck with that, " he laughs even  louder. Seriously though, can you carry him to my car and I'll send you my address. That work for you?"

"Sounds good, I'll do my best to not upset him," Jason replies.
"Jason, it will be fine."
They walk in silence to Josh's car and Jason leans in and straps him in the car seat thinking, I hope you don't wake up in this, betting you will not be happy," he kisses his head softly and closes the door.

"I've shopped more in the last few days then I have in months," Sonny says as he shuts the passenger door heading into the store with Jason.
Jason just chuckles at him, "you know, you could have stayed in the car"
"And let you pick out dorky clothes for my best friend. Never."

They enter the store looking around, obviously out of their element,  Sonny notices the boys clothes and points it out for Jason.  They start looking around, Sonny holds up a pajama set with Paw Patrol on it.  He has no idea just how much Ryan loves this show.  "Look, it's got doggies on it.  You like?"
"Question is will Ryan?"
'Well I already checked, and its tag less plus it's super soft on the inside."  Sonny waves it in the air,
"Looks good man, but if he hates it, I'm telling him you got it for him." Jason continues looking and finds a pair of jean shorts.  , "they are the same brand of jeans he's wearing, with the elastic waist.  That should be safe, huh"
Sonny looks and says, oh yeah.  Those look good."
Jason next holds up a red tee shirt with Mickey Mouse on a skateboard.
"Jack pot," Sonny says.  "Ok, here's the underwear.  Make it quick.  Don't want to look like a bunch of pervs," he laughs.
Jason looks at the size and weight and decides to go with a 4.  He'd rather they be a little big, then too tight.  He grabs a pack with Disney characters on them and a pack of socks. 
"Almost forgot a jacket. Jason starts looking through the rack and finds a jacket with a hood on it. The inside is lined and soft.
"Ok, let's look at shoes."
"I'm gonna get him this."
"Whatcha got there big bad Sonny Quinn?" Jason smiles.
He pulls out a small Paw Patrol blanket.  "See, I know he has the dog you gave him, but I think he needs a special blanket too.  One that's his and he can take with him.  Plus I'm his best friend, I gotta buy him something."
Jason just smiles at him telling him, "he's already got you wrapped around his finger."
"You're one to talk."