Chapter 14

"You already feel like he's yours, don't you , you really want him to be yours?  Josh asks sounding surprised.

     "Josh, I can't explain it.  But that little boy is mine.  I can feel it.  I don't know why.  After Alana, I never thought I would want to remarry, have more kids, even have step kids.  I closed that chapter of my life.  I kept thinking  how  will I fit a young kid in my life! Do I even want to.?...... Now  I can't  imagine my life without him. "

     "Here." He pulls a chocolate milk carton with a straw from behind his back.  "Can you test his straw?"
     Jason just stares at him.   "Yah, his straw is perfect". Jason is stunned. 
Trent has left to go to the car, but not before asking Josh if he's sure no one has touched the straw.  Josh tells him he is positive.  Trent continues to go and get a sterile bag that came with the DNA test kit. 

     "Jason, how fast can you have these results."
    "3-4 days they said."  Jason is still in shock.
     "How reliable are we talking.  The lab you will use."
     Trent has come  back with a pair of gloves and a bag and replies for Jason.  "This lab is a state of the art military lab.  It's more reliable then the lab your agency will use, plus they will run it twice."

     "Good.  Do it tonight if you can.  I don't want that piece of shit with Ryan any longer then he needs to be.  I don't trust him and I've seen enough of kids get hurt or worse when the boyfriend doesn't like them.  My hands are tied right now, but I am going to do what I can to get him out of there."

     Trent comes over to Jason  with a swab and says "open up."  Jason opens his mouth and Trent scrapes the cutip against Jason's cheek making sure he does it long enough to get a great sample.  He encloses that in the bag and says, "boss we are going to take this to Eric.  He's waiting. "

     Jason snaps out of it and tells Trent to go and keep  him updated when it's dropped off.  Jason has now switched into tier 1 operator Jason.  Now this is a mission.

     "Thank you Josh, so much."
     "Jason, I don't think I have ever wanted something so much for one of my kids.  I pray Ryan is yours.  How we handle it from there, I don't know.  I have someone I can talk to who I think will help us.  I think if you make a claim, that will be enough for me to pull him.  Tell my boss some bull shit story that  we don't want Ryan to get any more attached to the family he's with now.  It will be a much easier transition for  Ryan."

     "You think that will work?"
     "If it doesn't, then we will just have to find something that will. Keep me posted please." Jason nods.

Sonny is in the drivers seat of Jason's car thinking it best he drive. "God Sonny, i'm so worried. What if he isn't safe?...... "
"Jason, please don't be mad at me. I swear I just got it in case of an emergency. I haven't even looked at it."
"Sonny, what are you talking about?"
"Uh, I, may or may not have Ryan's current address." He looks over at Jason scared of his reaction.
"What?........are you serious!"
"Maybe," Sonny says.
"But how?..... When?"
"I uh, had a friend get it. Just in case. Had him text it to me, but I never looked at it."
"Well, would it be wrong to just see where he's staying?" Jason asks.
     Sonny struggles with his next sentence.  "Honestly....  I, uh almost did.   I didn't though."  "Ya know, the guys will be a while,  we could go check it out and be back to meet them,"  Sonny says.
     "I can't rest until we do......  Let's do it."

     Sonny gets his phone out and checks the address knowing it can't be far since the kids walk.  They find the street and start down slowly.  Sonny parks for what he plans for a minute.  They stare at the house and notice some yelling.  A minute later a light goes on in what is probably the basement.