Chapter 48

Jason takes Ryan around introducing him to everyone, and Ryan just clings to Jason. Jason begins to worry this may be to much for Ryan when he gets an idea. "Mikey, why don't you guys get on the trampoline so Ryan can see what it is."

"Sure dad. We've been waiting for the green light," he laughs.
He and RJ crawl in through the net and begin jumping. Jason turns around letting Ryan see what they are doing. Ryan gasps. "I bounce" he starts bouncing in Jason's arms. "Puppy, bounce."

"You like that do you?" He walks to the trampoline with Ryan still in his arms. "You wanna go in with Mikey and RJ?" Ryan doesn't answer, but instead starts wiggling and starting to get upset.
"Hey, hey, baby boy. It's ok. You can do it. Here. Calm down first. He tries to hit himself, but Jason   grabs his little hand first. "No hitting yourself." He holds his hand another second letting it go and waiting to see what he's going to do. Jason walks over to the opening, holding Ryan through, and setting him on the trampoline. He takes a small tentative jump, trying to figure it out. He does it a few more times before he lets out a happy squeal, and starting flapping his hands. He gets the hang of it quickly and soon is bouncing and doing flips. Jason is amazed, and Ryan is in heaven.
"Trent, this was the best idea, thank you. And Mikey, sorry you guys got kicked off so fast. I'm sure he will get down soon."
"Dad, he's not going anywhere. He's having the time of his life."
Sonny walks over letting them know food is ready.
"Hey Ryan, come on. Let's get something to eat, then you can play in the sand." Ryan ignores him and continues jumping. Jason tries three more times which Ryan continues humming, he's not budging. Jason looks to Josh for help.

"If he won't listen, you will have to get him yourself. He won't respond to things like 'if you don't do it now, you can't do it later". He doesn't understand that," he sighs.
"Cone on Ryan. Sonny has chocolate milk."
Nope, he doesn't budge. Jason climbs inside before hoping up. He calls Ryan's name a few more times before he gets closer and catches him. Ryan instantly starts crying and fighting. It has drawn the entire guests attention, how could it not. Jason could feel that everyone was trying not to look. But they could definetly hear what was happening. Jason holds onto him tight before making his way out of the net and into the grass. Ryan continues to sob, not understanding why he cannot keep jumping.
"I dood, I dood, I dood!"
"Buddy, you are good. You just need to eat and then you can go back, ok. Let's set the timer. Ten minutes. You eat and when the timer goes off you can play. Trent!"
"I got it Jace. Here Ryan. You hold this and when it goes off you can play, ok?"

Jason sets him down at the table and Sonny places a paw patrol plate down with an unopened bottle of chocolate milk.  Ryan gently picks up the milk and examines it very closely.
"Angel, it's safe......  See the seal?  Uncle Sonny will never hurt you."  Jason takes the bottle opening it and setting it down in front of Ryan"
"What the hell's up with that?"  Emma speaks loudly.  Mikey gives her a look then telling her,"he doesn't like not seeing the bottle opened."
"Well that's stupid!"
"Stupid, stupid, stupid," Ryan starts repeating over and over.  "I stupid."
"Ryan, stop saying that? You are not stupid.  You are a smart, good boy," Jason fixes Emma with a look letting her know she better never say that word ever again.

"I didn't mean,"
"It's ok Emma. We are all going to have to pay closer attention to what we say," her grandma says. Emma just gives her a nod showing she understands.

Ryan has eaten 2 dinosaurs and half of his macaroni and cheese. He finshes his milk as the timer goes off. "Puppy, done" Ryan yells. "I go, I go, I go." Jason rushes over to the table excusing himself from the conversation with Eric and his wife. He picks the little boy up, returning back to finish the conversation. They both just beam at Ryan. The little boy starts wiggling and Jason let's him down, watching him run off to the sand box.