Chapter 35

Josh hands Jason a pull-up he had in the car and tells him maybe Mikey could throw Ryan's shorts in to be dried and get out of the wet ones. Jason goes to sit down , and Ryan clings tight around his neck ."no, n, no."
"I'm just gonna get your wet stuff off and put something dry on you, real fast. I promise. "Puppy, no go. Stay me, " he starts crying again.
I'm not going anywhere buddy". he turns Ryan around real fast on his lap and pulls his bottoms off. He quickly takes the towel Mikey is handing him, and dries Ryan off before slipping on the pull up before he can fuss too much. He hopes to sit a minute, but decides it's better to get up and keep moving with him.  He walks back and forth holding him close.  Ryan is humming and sucking his thumb.  Jason talks briefly to the guys before walking out back and walking around the yard.

"How long he been out there walking," Sonny asks.
Josh is first to answer. "About 40 minutes."
"Jason's not mad is he? I can go get Ryan. Jason can put him down if he wants."
TJ starts towards the door. "TJ, it's ok. Jason is enjoying every second of it," Trent smiles at him.
"Sonny, you think it's ok. He won't think Ryan's too much work will he," TJ asks in a panic.

"Nope TJ. It's fine, I promise." All the guys are looking at him and he gives them a look thst says we'll talk later. Jason comes walking towards the house and Ray is quick to open the door. I'm gonna lay him on the couch.  Jason came back in a minute later.  "TJ is watching TV.  Told him to come in when ever he wants too."

"How you holding up Jason, "Trent asks.  "That was a bad one."
"I'm.....  Not sure just yet.  Let me just sit here for a while."
Sonny comes back and puts a plate down for Jason.  "Kept it warm and everything." 
"Thanks Sonny.  Maybe later.....  He kept saying "no leave".  What am I going to do when we're spun up?  He kept begging me to not leave."
"Jason, Ryan is very emotional after a seizure.  Granted I've never seen him cling  to anyone like he does you, but this is new to both of you.  For right now, let's just take it one day at time," Josh asks.

"Ok. One day at a time.," Jason agrees. He figures he should eat a little. He hasn't had a thing to eat since breakfast. The conversation turns light, and before long, there's laughing and a new tone is in the room. Five minutes later 2 little boys come rushing into the room. "Hey guys, how we feeling," Jason asks?

Ryan opens a cubbard, doesn't see anything he likes.  He opens a second one and pulls out cookies.  He takes them to Jason, and holds them up.
"I'm not even bothering to say anything," Josh says with a sigh. 
"You want a cookie, huh?"  He hands both boys a cookie.  "Thank you," TJ says.  Ryan opens the cubbard below the sink, reaching in.  Mikey rushes over, and closes it.  "Dad, you have cleaning stuff under here."

"Oh God, I forgot."  Jason starts to get up.  "It's ok.   I got it.  I'm putting it in the laundry room on the shelf."  Ryan follows behind him.  "Hey bud, want to go outside to the swings?"  Ryan starts jumping. " ok, take these clothes to da, puppy and ask him to help you change.  Then we'll get TJ and go outside."
Runs to Jason, bouncing up and down.  He gives Jason the shorts and boxers.  "Go, go, go!" 
"Want some help?   Let's leave the pull up on there little prince and just put the shorts on."  Rysn turns to Jason. "Up"

Jason is surprised. He recovers quickly and picks the boy up onto his lap and puts Ryan's feet though the shorts and maneuvers him to pull them up. "All done Ryan.  You hungry?"
Ryan doesn't say anything but hops down and goes out the door.  Mikey is outside and he has the bubble makers and the boys are giggling at all the bubbles Mikey is making  over their heads.  Ryan runs to the table grabs the sidewalk chalk and runs to the gate.  "Dad," Mikey yells before he takes off after him.  Jason comed flying out and sees the gate open. "Damnit!"  He takes off too.  He gets out front and stops.  On the front sidewalk is Ryan with the chalk already starting his picture.  TJ is beside him doing the same.  Mikey is kneeling down staying close to Ryan..  He looks up and spots his dad.  "He's awful fast. I looked away for one second, I swear."
"It's ok Mikey, he is really quick.  We just all have to be extra careful. I'm gonna go back. Let you spend a little time."