8 - New Friends

After a few weeks, Mina had begun her application process for the nearby university. With the help from her parents, aunt and of course Sana. After that first morning, Sana had been the one to make sure she was the one to walk with her in the mornings.

"What else is there for you to do?" Mina's aunt asked.

"Essay." She answered. The essay was your average college entrance essay, but she had no idea what to write about. She was a boring omega. Not some extreme one...

"Write about being the only omega in your family?" Her aunt suggested. Mina nodded her head, looking down at her notebook. She wrote down the idea, waiting for something else to pop into her head. She knew the idea would be a good idea, but she was sure other people in the world could have the same problem. Or an alpha raised by only omegas... The little bell on the door rang, signalling another potential customer. Mina was off the clock so she didn't perk up at the sound.

"You look so focused." Mina looked up, recognizing Momo's voice.

"Where's Sana?" Mina had to fight a pout, she had gotten used to Sana walking with her every morning and afternoon.

"She's... Dealing with things." Momo chuckled, looking down at her notebook. "What are you working on?" She asked.

"Um... Entrance essay." Mina mumbled, her hand covering the potential topic list she had written. Momo tilted her head and shrugged her shoulders. "We should go." She threw her notebook in her bag, feeling nervous around the lax alpha.

"You know, all of us had to write an essay." Momo smiled at her.

"What was your topic?" Mina asked. Momo tapped her chin a few times, trying to recall what she had written.

"I think I wrote something about my pack." She shrugged. "I wrote the dynamic of the family." She added.

"And you got in with that?" Mina was confused, usually every pack unit had the same dynamic...

"Sana did the same thing, our pack is very different from others." She explained. "Like, the pack isn't just our parents and siblings." She smiled. "It's actually a whole thing. There is a lot of different social structures, different things to do in order to do anything really." She explained.

"Wait, if you and your sister wrote the same topic... How did you both get in?" Mina was even more confused now.

"I wrote it from a lower alpha view. She wrote it as the next in command view." Momo explained. "Back home, Sana and I were raised and groomed to see who was going to take charge of the pack. All the children usually are. But when Sana had excelled in the tests, the grooming of the children stopped and they focused on her." She shrugged her shoulders, walking next to Mina at a slow pace.

Now, to anyone else, the conversation would seem normal. But to Mina, she didn't know how to process it. Her family had trials they had to pass, but it was mainly to see if they could stay in the family, Nayeon and Jeongyeon fighting each other and their father to earn their spots in the family. Mina being the exception.

Mina had stayed up late, typing out rough outlines for her essay. She decided to go with her aunt's idea, writing her view of being raised by alphas. After the third hour, she finally went to bed, knowing she was going to need to wake up early. When she woke up and went outside, she was surprised to be greeted by the silent alpha.

"Hello..." Mina whispered. Tzuyu nodded at her, keeping her distance from the omega. She didn't know the alpha well, causing her to feel nervous as she walked with her. It wasn't until she looked back, seeing the young alpha's soft eyes that she felt safe. Her nerves had slightly calmed, trying to think of other things besides the fact that everything was just eerily quiet. She felt a hand grab her wrist, pulling her back from an alley opening. Tzuyu let out a small growl, stepping in front of her. When Mina looked down, she could see a homeless person digging in the dumpster in the alley.

When they finally made it to the bakery, Mina brought Tzuyu in, just like she did with Sana. After she had gotten everything ready, she gave Tzuyu a small pastry. Her payment to all of them. Tzuyu sniffed it before taking a small bite. Almost immediately a small noise came from her, a smile appearing on her face. Mina couldn't help but let out a little laugh watching the younger alpha react to her baking.

"You like sweet bread?" Mina smiled at her. Tzuyu nodded, savoring every bite.

It took a few days before Sana had came back to Mina. She stood outside of the house, waiting for her. Sana looked up, seeing the one light shut off and another light turn on. After a few seconds, that light turned off, and another light was turned on. Sana didn't mean to feel like a stalker, but she knew the light routine now. After a few minutes, all the lights were turned off and Mina was walking out, locking the door behind her.

"You're back." Mina smiled at her.

"Yeah, I had to deal with a few things." Sana chuckled nervously. She didn't want to tell her that she had hit her rut and was terrified to be next to her, so she didn't. "Shall we go?" She smiled. Mina nodded in response, walking next to her down the dimly lit sidewalk. It was silent for a while, a comfortable silence. "Momo told me you were working on your entrance essay." Sana spoke after a while.

"Yeah, she actually helped me." Mina smiled. "I wrote about being the only omega in my family." She said quietly.

"Your mom isn't an omega?" Sana asked her. Mina shook her head.

"The only omega's I know in the family are my cousins, aunt and grandmother on my dad's side. But my parents are alphas, and my sisters are too." Mina explained.

"Wow. Must've been tough." Sana chuckled. "My mother was an omega.. I think." Sana frowned.

"You think?" Mina asked her.

"I didn't spend much time with my parents... When children were born in our packs... As soon as we were of school age, we left our immediate families to train." Sana explained. "We don't see them again until we graduate."

Mina frowned at the girl, feeling terrible for her upbringing. She must've had it rough...