31 - Alliances

Sana paced in her office, everything felt as if her whole world was closing in around her. Everything she had tried had a fifty/fifty shot of failing. She had taken her territory back, and had lost few people in the process. All of the outer borders were evacuated, but she still needed to make everything right. She had reached out to the northern pack's leader, requesting to meet to negotiate a deal. But no response.. Still no response...

"Maybe he didn't get it.." Momo frowned.

"He got it. He's ignoring it." She growled at her sister. "He wants to overthrow this pack... Take it over and have it as his own. We never stepped our boundaries. Why is he?" She snapped.

"Leader Sana." Her guard called.

"What?!" She yelled. The guard winced at her tone, almost cowering. "Sorry... What is it?" She sighed, rubbing her temple.

"A visitor. He comes from the Arctic pack." He explained.

"Arctic pack?" Momo frowned.

"Mina... She must've done something." Sana whispered. "Send him in." She looked up, watching the doors to the office open, an elderly man walking in with his own guards. "Elder." Sana bowed in respect.

"Ah, you must be Mina's mate! So polite!" He smiled, bowing slightly to the equal. "You have quite the pack here." He chuckled. "My apologies for coming unannounced, our technology isn't quite reliable." He smiled. Momo stood up from her seat, offering it to the elder.

"It's not a problem... Um... Why are you here exactly?" Sana asked, moving to her desk.

"I am offering an alliance. You are unable to break from this war because you have none. But thanks to Mina, I am offering our pack." He smiled. "We have an alliance with the Tokyo pack as well. The northern packs will have to stand down with us." He explained. Sana couldn't believe her ears, she didn't know what to do. Momo shook her head, unable to process the information as well.

"By joining the packs, what would you want in return from us?" Sana asked.

"Ah, nothing." He chuckled. "Just the agreement that you keep our Mina happy." He whispered.

"Impossible, you have to want something." Momo frowned at the elder.

"A good leader, takes what he can, in return for protection and mistrusted deeds." He spoke softly. "But a great leader, will work with their allies, offering a bond in times of need, and ask for nothing in return, only that his allies return the favor when the roles are reversed."

"I really mean you no disrespect... But that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard." Momo chuckled.

"No... He has a point." Sana pointed. She stood up, walking towards a small cabinet, she rummaged through the documents, pulling out drafted treaties that were all denied. "Tokyo pack demanded we offer equal trade, which we allowed, and now it has been cut off due to the war. Then they demanded multiple things in order for their alliance." She pointed at the ink on the page. "The northern borders wanted us to give them half of our land." She continued. "Everyone wanted something in return, while we only asked for their alliance..."

Momo looked at the papers that her sister was shuffling through. She couldn't help but put pieces together, looking up at the elder of the arctic pack.

"What is your agreement with Tokyo?" She asked.

"The same. One of our omegas is one of their leader's mate. That omega, just so happens to be Mina's sister." The elder explained. "She visits during the winter months, helping us prepare for the burden of no harvest and freezing temperatures." He added. "Now, do we have a deal?" He asked.

"Consider us allies." Sana smiled at him.

"Perfection." He smiled.

Mina smiled when she heard Sana's voice, she was speaking rapidly about how her elder had gone and created an alliance between the two packs, adding a third forcing the northern packs to back down. Now that there was a stronghold, they couldn't get passed it now.

"And the best part, your sister is the mate of one of the Tokyo packs." Sana chuckled through the phone.

"Jihyo told me she had a mate, just didn't tell me who." Mina smiled. "I have to get back to work now... Call me tonight?" She asked.

"Anything for you." Sana whispered. "I love you."

"I love you too." Mina whispered, hanging up the phone. She set the phone down, looking at her lockscreen photo of the two of them together.

"You need to tell her soon Mina. You can't keep pushing it off." Her aunt sighed. "She's your mate. You can tell her anything."

"Auntie... She's already stressed.. I can't add that on." Mina whispered. "I haven't even told my own parents..." She stood up from her seat, pocking her phone and walked back behind the counter. Her aunt shook her head, looking down at the pan of muffins she had just taken out of the oven.

"Mina.. I know the first pup is always terrifying to tell anyone about. Especially when you're with an alpha..." She sighed. "Trust me I know." She chuckled. "But she is going to be overjoyed that you both are going to be parents." She smiled.

"I'll tell her tonight... And.. If she doesn't react with happy words?" Mina frowned at the thought of Sana lashing out with how careless they were during her last heat cycle. She shuttered at the small thought.

"She will. She's a nice alpha." Her aunt whispered. "You just need to tell her before the pup comes." She smiled, placing her free hand on Mina's little bump. "You both are going to be wonderful parents."