16 - Winter Break

Sana and Momo had gone home for winter break, both of them being greeted by the higher ranking officials of their pack the minute they stepped into their territory.

"Momo! Momo!" Little children squealed when they saw her. She left her sister to greet the pups, playing with them while her sister did the political work.

"Has Tokyo agreed to our treaty?" She asked her elder.

"Still resisting. They say our pack is unstable with you next in line." The elder alpha spoke.

"Hardly a reason to deny it." Sana growled. The elders chuckled at her anger, one placing a hand on her shoulder.

"We have found suitable mates for you to choose from." One of the female alphas smiled at her.

"No need." Sana shook her head. "I don't need to find one." She stepped away from her elders, walking over to the ancient tapestry hanging in the conference room.

"Sana, you will need one in order to become a leader." The female gave her a sympathetic look. "Especially if you are the one to birth pups." She whispered.

"I won't be." Sana answered. "I imprinted this past semester." She admitted.

"This calls for a celebration! When will we meet the alpha?" The elder smiled at her.

"Omega." Sana corrected him. The entire room went silent. So silent you could hear the wind from the outside blowing against the roof.

"We've never allowed an omega in our pack since the last war." The elder growled at her.

"And this will be the first omega to join our pack since then." Sana matched his tone, staring at her elder. She knew it was disrespectful, but she wasn't going to let an elder tell her who she had to imprint. Especially if it was involuntary.

"If this wages war.. The blood will be on your hands." He warned.

"So be it." She threatened him.

Sana watched as her sister ran with the pups through the snow. She watched as two little ones tackled the older alpha down, sinking their little teeth in her arm.

"Ow! Ow! You got me!" Momo cried out. Sana chuckled, watching them. "Alright get off me." Momo chuckled. She walked over to Sana, dusting the snow off of her as she walked up the stairs. "How did politics go?" She asked her sister.

"Awful as always. I'm old enough to draft a peace treaty for the neighboring packs but the second I say I imprinted, I'm too young." She snapped.

"Maybe Mina isn't suitable for this..." Momo frowned. "All of our leaders have been alphas." She reminded Sana.

"I know." Sana groaned. "I can't help who I imprint." She hit her head against the fence post, not moving for a few seconds. "I think bringing an omega in is a good idea." She mumbled.

"And the elders?" Momo asked.

"If it wages war the blood is on your hands!" Sana mocked her elder. "You know if we hadn't kidnapped the omegas and killed them hundreds of years ago, we wouldn't be in this mess!" Sana snarled. Momo hit her arm, forcing her off of the fence.

"Stop." Momo growled.

"No. It's the truth. That's why you haven't told anyone you imprinted either. Dahyun's an omega too." Sana pointed.

"That's why I'm not coming back after we graduate." Momo whispered. "I'm.. I'm leaving the pack." Sana stared at her sister in disbelief. "Nothing is like when we were children.. I'd rather live in a place where I won't have to worry about an impending war..." She explained.

Sana shook her head, her own sister was going to abandon the pack... Leave her behind..

"Sana-Chan.." Momo frowned.

"Don't." Sana growled. "I think I need to be alone for a while."

Mina sat with her family, all of them celebrating the winter solstice. She watched as her new baby cousins toddled around, the two of them staring at everything with wide eyes.

"Babies make me so happy." Nayeon smiled.

"Me too." Mina chuckled while holding out a stuffed bear for the little boy.

When night came Mina stayed up until Midnight. She opened her window and heard the howls of the little kids that stayed up.

"It's adorable isn't it?" Mina looked back to see her mother watching her from the doorway.

"Mhm." Mina smiled.

"I remember when you were younger, you wanted to prove you were old enough to stay up. You didn't even make it to ten." Her mother chuckled. Mina smiled and snuggled into her mother's side. "You've grown up a lot since then." She sighed. "Soon.. Maybe you'll be finding someone to call your own."

"Yeah.." Mina mumbled.

"What? Why do you say it like that?" She frowned a her daughter.

"I'm... kinda... sorta... seeing... someone already.." Mina mumbled quietly.

"Oh." Her mother was surprised. She looked away from Mina, looking out the window. "When did you start seeing this person?" She asked.

"Just before fall break." Mina answered. "She's really nice." She smiled.

"Then that's all that matters." She smiled.

On the inside, Eve wanted to hurt whoever was seeing her daughter. But Mina was extremely picky, so she had to trust her.

Mina had gotten everything ready the night before school started again. She was ready to take on her second semester until she arrived at school that morning. There were hardly any students and they all seemed angry. Probably from lack of sleep. She found Chaeyoung, smiling at her when she approached.

"Hey, is it just me or does this entire campus seem on edge?" Mina frowned at her.

"No I feel it too." Chaeyoung agreed. A lot of alphas and omegas hit that time of year around this time.. So it makes sense." Mina nodded. She went to look around when she felt a weight fall into her bag. She turned quickly and saw Momo digging in her bag and pull out the bag of sweets she had brought.

"You could've asked." Mina glared at her, yanking the bag out of her hands.

"But I smelt them all the way across campus." Momo whined. Mina rolled her eyes, opening the bag to let Momo have a few cookies. "Also, Sana isn't here today. She comes in tomorrow." Momo informed Mina with a mouthful of cookies.

"Oh." Mina mumbled. She didn't want to let on that she was too upset, but she was looking forward to seeing her.