17 - Parent Meeting

Mina sat in the library, flipping through her textbook as she waited for her class to start. She had three hours in between her classes so she took the time to look over the material. She was reading a passage about the science course when she smelt the familiar smell of the beach. She turned her head to see Sana standing next to her, smiling as she read over her shoulder.

"How long have you been there?" Mina whispered.

"Long enough to know you scrunch you're nose when you read something disgusting." Sana smirked while sitting next to her. She took Mina's hand in hers, feeling how soft and warm it was. "I missed you all break." Sana sighed.

"I missed you too." Mina caught Sana's expression, feeling worried about her. She let go of Sana's hand, moving it to cup her face. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"Just... family issues." She shook her head at the thought. Mina let out a sigh, feeling horrible for her. "How was your break?" She asked.

"Good. I told my mother about you." Mina gave her a nervous smile. Sana tilted her head, unsure on how to process that information. "She wants to meet you."

"Oh." Sana mumbled.

"Whenever we're ready. Not anytime soon.." Mina hurried to say. "But she says I can invite you over for dinner whenever." She gave her a small smile, trying to at least make her happy once today.

"Mm... Homecooked food instead of college cafeteria food..." Sana chuckled. "I'm in." She took Mina's hands in hers, relishing in the fact that she still had one thing in her life that made her incredibly happy.

After Mina had told her father about seeing someone, she invited Sana over for dinner. A week had gone by, giving her father time to calm down from the sudden news.

Sana stood outside, nerves building up inside of her. She didn't know why she was so nervous, but she hated it. She rang the doorbell, hearing a scrambling behind the door. Once it opened, Mina smiled at her holding her hand out for Sana to take.

"Mom... Dad, this is Sana. She's from my school." Mina introduced. Sana bowed to her parents, knowing that they were severely overprotective of their daughter.

"Pleasure to meet you both." Sana immediately said. "You have a beautiful home." She smiled, careful not to show too much teeth. To Mina's parents, she was an average alpha.

David grunted, turning his attention away from the young alpha. Eve gave Sana a look over, recognizing the girl from their prior encounter. She gave her a warning glance, before smiling at her.

"Welcome." She smiled.

Mina had dragged Sana to the basement where her older sisters were. Both of them perched on the couch playing video games.

"Those are my sisters." Mina pointed. "You've met them."

"Nice to see you again." Sana tried to be polite. But the warning glances she got from Mina's sisters made her terrified. Mina picked up on her nerves and brought her up to her room. "No." Sana let go of her hand, staying in the hallway.

"I'll leave the door open." Mina grabbed her hand and yanked her into her room. She lead Sana to her nest and hesitated.

"What is it?" Sana frowned.

"Um... My nest.." Mina mumbled, now embarrassed for bringing Sana up here. "I go in it when I'm stressed, nervous, scared.." Mina listed the many reasons. "Okay I'm just always in my nest." She chuckled nervously. She stepped in her nest, patting the empty space next to her. Sana stepped in, sitting next to her.

"Oh this is comfortable." Sana whispered. Mina smiled, watching her relax in the plush blankets. "I see why you like this." She smiled.

"I had my penguin wrapped in your hoodie for a while... So it kinda smells like you." Mina's cheeks flushed red as she spoke, causing Sana to blush. Mina held the penguin up, showing her. Sana went to touch it, hearing a growl erupt from Mina as she yanked it away.

"Oh that's cute." Sana cooed while cupping Mina's cheek. She pressed her lips against Mina's, smiling in the kiss. "You're adorable." She whispered when they broke apart. Mina blushed, feeling embarrassed again. "So protective over your penguin." Sana continued to coo.

During dinner it was a bit awkward. The siblings talking to their father while Eve talked with Sana and Mina. Eve had her worries about Sana, unsure on how to feel about her youngest daughter already dating.

"So you are going for culinary as well?" Eve asked her.

"Business." Sana answered her. "My twin sister is in the culinary program now."

"Oh, you have a twin?" Eve gasped. "interesting." She smiled.

"Yes, I'm younger than her by a few minutes." She chuckled.

"Mmm." Eve looked at her husband who was still staring at Sana.

She felt uncomfortable with the male alpha glaring at her, wanting to bare her teeth and put him in his place, but she wasn't in her territory. She was on his. She couldn't lash out. She had to hold it together. Especially for Mina's sake.

"Where are you from Sana?" David asked her.

"Japan." She answered calmly.

"So you're in the abroad program?" He asked.

"Yes sir. I dorm at the university." Sana explained. David grunted, not fully satisfied with her answer.

When dinner was over, Mina walked outside with Sana. She was grateful to be out of the house, feeling like she could breathe.

"I've sat in diplomat meetings that were never that tense." Sana whispered to Mina.

"I'm so sorry.." Mina frowned. She pulled Sana into a tight embrace, Sana burying her face in Mina's neck, inhaling her calming scent. "I'll see you tomorrow?" Mina whispered.

"Yeah. I'll meet you same spot." Sana pressed her lips against her cheek, pulling away from Mina. When Mina walked back in, her father was glaring at her.

"You deliberately disregarded everything I told you." He growled.

"David." Eve warned him.

"No. I tell her to stay away from the high alphas and then she brings one into my home!" He shouted. Eve shook her head, watching her husband get worked up over that.

"Am I in trouble?" Mina whimpered.

"You are to never see her again!" He shouted from the hallway. Mina attempted to hold herself together, but silently cried. Her mother pulled her into a hug, comforting the young omega.

"You can still see her. Your father is being an idiot. She's a very nice girl." She whispered.