41 - More Surprises

After winter had gone through, Mina hated everything about the beginning of spring. It was still somewhat cold, but attempting to warm up. Birds chirping and annoying everyone with the morning. She stood in the bathroom taking a suppressant, glaring at herself in the mirror. She hated her heat while her mate was away. She looked at her now fading mark on her neck, her fingers tracing over it lightly. She wished Sana was at least okay... Healthy at least..

"Mama! Mama!" Yukime's voice called out. Mina walked out, following the sound.

"What? What?" Mina frowned.

"Smell!!!" She screamed while holding up her little wrist. Mina bent down, smelling the girl's wrist. "I have a scent!" She giggled. Mina didn't smell anything, but a scent did come through as the little girl continued to laugh, clearly excited with her discovery. It was faint, but it smelt almost identical to Sana's. But different. She just couldn't figure out what...

"That's great honey.." Mina whispered. "Get ready for school.." She gave her a small smile before going to wake up Shizuha. She peeled the blanket back from the other young alpha, seeing her curled up to her penguin. She didn't want them to go to school for some reason today, but she couldn't keep them from an education. "Shi-tan... Time to wake up." Mina whispered while shaking her lightly awake.

"Five more minutes mama..." She yawned.

"No, no more five minutes." Mina chuckled. "It's time to get up." She nuzzled her daughter, getting a small giggle to come from her.

"Mama..." Shizuha whined.

"Up." Mina laughed quietly. "Or you can't walk with Soyeon when you get to school." She smirked. Shizuha immediately jumped out of bed, running passed her mother to the bathroom. "Works every time." Mina chuckled.

"I'm not using my daughter." Sana growled at her other leaders. "Even if she's the next Zeta, she will never step foot onto a battle field." She snarled.

"Sana... Her scent can be used... It will force everyone to submit." Another spoke.

"And how would you feel if this was your child?" Momo asked him. He glared at her, allowing her to snarl in response. "Mind yourself." She warned him. Sana shook her head, pulling her sister away from him.

"We can't fight each other." Sana glared at her. "We need to save our energy." She sighed. She rubbed her eyes, looking down at her blankets. "I'll go... I'll.. I'll talk to Mina. Maybe we can extract the scent and use it." She sighed.

"Are you serious?" Momo growled at her.

"I'd rather extract my daughter's scent then train her to explode on a battle field." She snapped.

Sana hadn't told Mina she was going to visit, fearful of someone following her and hurting her family. So she did everything in secret. Wearing a disguise, hiding in plain sight, just trying to get away from everything. She walked through the airport, getting a cab to her mate's home.

She pulled her bags out of the cab, dragging them up to the door and knocking quickly. The door opened a few minutes later, revealing a tired Mina. Sana removed her mask, smiling at her mate. Mina let out tears of joy, wrapping her arms around Sana's neck tightly.

"This isn't real." Mina whispered.

"It is." Sana whispered. "It is." She sniffed.

Mina helped her carry her bags to the room she was in, her daughters sleeping in Jeongyeon's old room, while Mina was in her own old room. Sana stood near the bed, looking at everything.

"I'm going to shower... Do you think you can handle without me for a bit?" Sana asked Mina who was still sitting in shock. She nodded, unable to really form words. After fifteen minutes Sana reappeared in the room, feeling completely refreshed, a real hot shower in ages. She had gotten so used to taking cold showers, it was a nice relief. She felt more clean this way. As she dug in her suitcase for her clothes, a familiar scent caught her attention.

"I'm sorry." Mina frowned. "It's... It's a weird time for me right now.." She whispered from the bed.

"You're in heat.." Sana muttered. Mina nodded her head, trying to compose herself. "Well... Now I'm glad I came at this time." Sana chuckled, walking slowly to the bed. Mina let out a small whimper, the suppressant she had taken early in the morning had clearly worn off, leaving her in the state she hated most, but with Sana, she was fine with it.

"It's.. It's been a while..." Mina whined, grabbing Sana's wrists and pulling her closer to her. Forcing her lips onto her mate's, she couldn't help herself. It had been a whole year since she had seen Sana. Even if she thought it was all a fever or heat-induced dream, she desperately wanted it.

"I missed you so much." Sana muttered between kisses.

"I miss you too." Mina whined, trying to force herself closer to her mate.

The two laid in bed, Mina still panting from their quick session. Sana laid on top of her, their parts still connected, forcing her to stay in the position.

"I hate being away from you." Sana whispered.

"I hate it too..." Mina sighed, running her hands through Sana's hair. "You need a hair cut." She chuckled.

"I know." Sana groaned. "Maybe I can do that while I'm here." She smirked. Mina nodded, not wanting anything to end. After an hour, both were able to detach themselves from one another, and get ready to pick up their daughters. When they arrived at the school, a few parents glanced, over shocked to see the high alpha with Mina. She had her neck covered, a new mate mark that was barely beginning to heal still very prominent.

"They're going to freak out." Mina whispered to her.

"I know." Sana smiled, she reached out for Mina's hand, holding it tightly. The children walked out of the school, a few smiling and running to their parents. Yukime and Shizuha didn't notice at first, but once they did, they began crying, running to Sana.

"Momma!" They both sobbed. Sana knelt down, letting the girls tackle her into a massive hug.

"I missed you both so much." Sana whispered, giving them both kisses on their heads. "So.. So much..." She sniffed.