34 - Pups?

A/N: so I started drawing Mina as a celebratory thing for her coming back! We love you Mina!

As winter time approached, Mina had gone into full nesting mode, never leaving her nest and becoming extremely aggressive towards anyone who came near her. Including Sana. She would cautiously approach the nest, holding a plate of food in her hands, hearing the low growling coming from the blanket hoard.

"Minguin.... It's me..." Sana whispered, releasing her scent so Mina could smell it. "I.. I brought food..." She set the plate down, honestly fearful for her life. Her leaders warned her that omegas became this way when it was close to their due dates. Sana disregarded them, only because she thought she knew Mina well enough. But obviously she was wrong.

She hurried away from the nest, staying far away from it as possible most days. She longed to be near Mina. That was the problem about imprinting. If she was away too long... She felt a piece of her missing. And knowing she was just in her nest, not allowing her to be in it with her, made her upset. Truly rejected.

She sat in her office, a blizzard raging outside. She felt antsy, wondering why the weather had to be this cruel. Of all the days. All she wanted was to go home and sit in her bed. Waiting for Mina to get out of her nesting phase and allow her in. When she finally finished her work for the day, she bundled up, walking through the near empty town to get back home. When she arrived home, she was greeted with a new smell. Blood... lots of blood. She ran into the bedroom seeing Mina's nest empty but covered in blood...

"Mina?!" Sana immediately shouted she ran to the bathroom, seeing a little baby wrapped in a towel, perfectly cleaned and placed gently in a carrier. "M-Mina?" Sana mumbled, afraid to move any closer. She heard a low growl come from her mate, so she moved away from the bathroom, waiting in the living room for her call. There was a rapid knock on the door, causing Sana to open it.

"I just got Mina's text move." Momo growled, pushing her sister out of the way. Sana gave her a confused look, and went to follow her, but heard Mina's growling, warning her to stay away. "Mina... Holy crap..." Momo whispered.

It killed Sana not knowing anything.

"Just help..." Mina's voice was hoarse.

"I'll do my best but I can't promise much..." Momo sighed. Sana looked up seeing Momo walking out with the bloody blankets.

"Can you please tell me what's going on?" Sana whispered.

"Mina texted me asking to help with the bloody blankets. But good luck." Momo chuckled while patting her sister on the back with her free hand. "You are going to need it." She smirked.

Sana frowned, looking back down the hall to where Mina was. She wanted to go to her, but she was terrified. After a few hours, Momo had come back with more supplies, cleaning their bedroom getting rid of the blood. Sana was getting antsy, still too afraid to go against Mina. She could smell the new scent, baby scent... She wanted to go to the pup and greet it, but she had to wait.

By the time midnight had hit, Momo had walked out, going straight for her sister.

"She's ready, but.. really good luck." She whispered. Sana nodded, walking slowly to the bedroom. She peeked her head around the corner, seeing Mina on the bed already.

"Mina..?" Sana whispered. Mina didn't let out another growl, so she took it as a sign to move closer. She went around the bed, seeing two little bundles on their bed. "Two?" Sana gasped.

"Yeah..." Mina whispered. Sana watched as one of the babies reached out for Mina. She let the little one's hand curl around her finger, watching it with careful eyes.

"What are they?" Sana asked quietly.

"Girls." She answered. Sana sat on the bed, watching Mina's reactions as she got closer. She didn't react, which was a good sign.

"We need to name them.." she whispered. Mina nodded, not bothering to look up from the one baby. Sana looked at the other, peacefully sleeping in the blanket. Sana sniffed it, smelling the baby smell. "Why is this one so calm?" Sana asked while pulling the pup close to her.

"I don't know... it's making me nervous." Mina frowned. Sana reached out to touch the little baby, trying to stimulate it. Any kind of reaction was going to work for them. Both parents could hear the little baby's breathing, just wasn't reacting...

"Come on..." Sana whispered. Once she touched the little one's cheek, she scrunched you her nose, letting out a tiny cry. Both parents let out a breath, grateful she was reacting.

"Thank god.." Mina sighed. "What should we name them?" She asked.

"I like Yukime." Sana whispered.

"I really like Shizuha... Maybe that can go for her." Mina whispered while nodding towards their more calmer baby. Sana nodded, looking down at the calm child. "Yukime can be hers." She continued.

"Shizuha.... Yukime... I can't wait to get to know you." Sana whispered, touching both children.