43 - Weapon of Choice

Shizuha was what they called a Zeta. She didn't fully understand it, neither did her parents. Dr. Sara explained that she could pass as an alpha, however, just as a loner alpha. They were given a few pamphlets on the classification, both of them reading them as soon as they got home.

"What I want to know is how the hell is she going to find a mate." Sana mumbled while reading through the pamphlet.

"Maybe she'll imprint like you did on me." Mina smiled.

"What's imprinting?" Yukime asked her parents.

"It's when you.." Sana stopped herself, not entirely sure on how to explain it. Mina chuckled, watching her mate struggle to explain the simplest things she had explained to her a long time ago. "When you finally see the one you love." She smiled at Mina.

"Ew." Yukime giggled.

"You asked." Mina chuckled.

After they had gone to bed, both parents had talked further on Shizuha's classification and the next steps. Mina was against the idea of using her scent, but Sana ensured it was safe to extract her scent, using the liquid that came from it as a scent bomb. Of course that meant she would need to extend her stay, which Mina was for, but not for those reasons.

Shizuha spent two days in the hospital, being forced to give up her own scent for the sake of stopping the war. When she had gotten home, Mina held her close to her, soothing her frayed nerves. Mina had rescented her, smelling the hospital smell on her. She wrinkled her nose at the horrid sterile smell.

"Mama..." Her voice was tired as Mina moved the hair from her face.

"Shh... Go to sleep." Mina cooed, allowing the child to fall asleep in her lap. Yukime watched as her sister was getting more attention, she hated it. She didn't like that her sister was getting all of the attention from her parents.

"Mama!" She yelled.

"Yukime, your sister is trying to sleep.." Mina whispered.

"But.. I want to play with you.." She frowned.

"Not now.. Ask Momma." She sighed. Yukime frowned, walking out to see her other mother on the phone, talking quickly to someone else. She approached her, grabbing her hand and wanting to tug her away from the phone. Sana gave her a small smile, rubbing her wrist on her daughter, scenting her with her own scent.

"No..." Yukime whined, rubbing the scent off of her cheek. "I want to play..." Yukime whined.

"In a minute..." Sana whispered to her. "Yes, yes, I have the scent. Enough for a big one yes. Or a few little ones. I've sent it yes." She spoke quickly. Yukime groaned, flopping on the floor, waiting for one of her parents to pay attention to her. Sana kept her promise, as soon as she finished her call, she played with Yukime, keeping her attention away from Mina and Shizuha.

Her time eventually came to an end, her daughters clinging to her, not wanting their mother to leave. Mina had felt the same, two weeks with her mate was never going to be enough time... She wasn't even guaranteed to make it through this part of the war... Which scared Mina to no end.

"I promise to have my officials reach out when I arrive. I can't risk anything.." She whispered to her mate.

"I know." Mina frowned. "I just wish it was all over now..." She sighed.

"I promise to end it soon.. If this works... We can end it." She rested her forehead against Mina's, wanting to never leave her side again, but she couldn't let her pack down... She couldn't let her family down.

Weeks had gone by, Sana watching her extremely small staff create the scent bomb they needed. They created a little one, testing it in the field during a raid, forcing the small group of enemy troops to do what she had instructed, taking them in for interrogation and hiding them from all contacts.

"It works..." Momo whispered. "Our family line has Zeta... Who knew." Momo chuckled.

"The next one to pass of natural causes is the Fall Zeta. Maybe your next kid will be it." She chuckled.

"Maybe." Momo smirked. "Could you imagine? Two Zetas in one family?" She asked her sister.

"It's not impossible. I have an average alpha and Zeta as twins apparently." Sana smiled, proud of her children. "I just hope they get to have happy lives." She sighed. Momo placed her hand on her sister's shoulder, smiling at her.

"They will. Just have to get through this." She smiled.

Mina walked down the road with Dahyun, talking to her about everything in a hushed tone. Dahyun was upset that Sana had come to visit, but she understood that it was strictly to use her own daughter as a weapon.

"You know... If word gets out that they were able to create scent bombs... They could come after Shizuha..." She frowned. "Or the other Zetas and use their scents as weapons..." She was worried for the advantage the high alphas had. "Hopefully the power doesn't go to Sana's head."

"I don't think it will." Mina shook her head, she knew her mate. She would never let something like this get to her head. She was extremely hesitant to use her own daughter as the experiment, she would never let it get to her.

"Kneel." Sana snarled at the northern pack leader. The man attempted to fight through the scent, unable to focus on anything. He fell to his knees, growling as Sana approached him. She wore a mask, along with her soldiers. She only wore it as a bluff, since it was her daughter, she was immune to the scent. But she didn't want them to know that. "Take him in for interrogation. We will finish this war there." She ordered.