24 - Culprit Found

Momo and Sana talked, Mina staying away from them just in case chaos broke loose. Surprisingly enough, it didn't, and the twins were back to being their bubbly selves. Mina joined the two alphas, watching the ocean waves come is slowly.

"Remember when elder took us here all the time?" Sana smiled at Momo.

"I remember almost drowning because of him." Momo laughed.

"But I saved you." Sana smirked.

The trio walked back to the town, seeing a rather large crowd gathering in the square. Sana held Min close to her, the three of them hearing yelling from the center.

"Can we really trust a new leader?! One that has an Omega as her mate?!" The male shouted. There were few mumbles in the crowd. "Omegas were created for the alphas. By high alphas never bred with the lowly omegas! Only other high alphas." He growled.

"What a fucking idiot." Momo mumbled.

Mina glanced at the man standing in the center, something about him made her upset. It had felt like a rock was forming in her stomach. Then the scent hit her. The same foul scent she smelt that night. She froze in her place, staring at the man. Tears running down her face.

"Mina? Mina?" Sana grabbed her mate's arm, trying to pull her away. Mina shook her head, afraid to do anything else. "What's wrong?" She whispered.

"Him.." Mina cried into Sana's shoulder.

"Him?" Momo whispered.

"Are you sure?" Sana spoke quickly. Mina nodded, holding her close. "Momo... take Mina home." Sana growled. Momo peeled Mina off of Sana, taking her away from everything. Sana turned towards the crowd, making her way through.

"Ahh, the idiot leader has arrived!" He smiled. All eyes were on her. Most cowered in her presence, the crowd backing away, reading the aura she was giving off.

"Big talk for someone who is hiding the crimes they have yet to pay." Sana snarled at him.

"I have done nothing wrong." He glared.

"When you left this pack to visit the other countries. You were there at the time of a rape were you not?" Sana bore her teeth at him, keeping a civil stance. She wasn't about to play into his strengths.

"Are you accusing me of raping the omega?" He snarled.

"Your scent matches. And explains why they had never caught the culprit. Why she had fallen victim to your forced submission. High alphas aren't supposed to have a rut scent. But you do." Sana's eyes shifted from her deep brown to blood red. "By pack law... You're up for death." She stated calmly.

"This is blasphemy!" He barked.

"My omega would never lie about this." Sana shouted at the man. The crowd gasped, all eyes on him now.

"Are you really going to believe her?!" He shouted at the crowd.

"As elder, I do." Sana turned to see her elder approaching. "She is right. Death is the punishment." The alpha growled, his eye twitching as the elder spoke. Sana saw the foam begin to form at his cheeks.

"He's infected.." she whispered.

"I won't bow to you!" He shouted before lunging at the elder. Sana dove between them, throwing the male alpha back. "How are you!" He glared.

"Sana you'll get yourself killed!" The elder warned. Sana disregarded his comment, fighting the sick alpha instead. Dodging his messy attacks and forcing him to submit, pinning him to the ground. Guards came and took him away, everyone in the square cheering for their future leader.

"My apologies for disobeying elder... But I wasn't going to let you be attacked." Sana bowed.

"Next time... Do not be so reckless." He chuckled. "Your technique still needs work." He turned on his heel, walking away from the crowd. "And thank you." He called out while walking away. Sana smiled, more pride swelling in her.

When she got back to the living quarters, Mina was still crying, hidden in their shared room with Momo sitting on the other side of the door.

"Why..?" Sana frowned.

"She told me I wasn't you." Momo stood up and left the younger alpha to fix the situation. Sana opened the door, seeing Mina curled up in the bed, still sobbing and clutching onto Sana's pillow.

"Minguin..." Sana whispered while crawling into bed with her. Immediately Mina released the pillow, grasping for her mate. "I'm here. I'm here." Sana cooed holding her close.

"Please tell me he's locked away." Mina cried.

"He's dead." Sana answered plainly. Mina didn't move, she knew killing was wrong... But it was their culture... "He violated pack law... And he was infected."

"Infected?" Mina sniffed.

"A horrible disease we have a problem with. If you go out to the outskirts of our territory, there's these plants that we use for medicinal purposes. But if used wrong.... Causes horrible illness. Obviously he tried and caused himself sickness." Sana explained. "It's only contagious if he bites anyone or if his saliva or blood get into an open wound."

"Are you okay?" Mina asked her.

"Perfectly fine." Sana smiled at her.

"I would feel much better if you showered..." Mina whispered. "Just in case..."

"Fine." Sana slid out from her grasp, making her way into the bathroom. Mina waited for her patiently, holding her pillow tight against her chest. She could smell the beach scent she loved so much on the pillow.

When Sana had gotten back from her shower, she saw Mina curled up again, this time asleep. She smiled at the sight, feeling content with the sight on her bed. She really loved her omega.