14 - Avoiding

Mina had done what she was told, staying far from the alphas. She hadn't seen Sana in their group, she assumed she didn't want to be there anymore. But she couldn't ask. So she would never know.

"Hey! You've been MIA lately." Dahyun frowned at her when she saw her in class.

"Sorry.. just catching up." Mina lied.

"Oh. Right." She sat next to her friend looking at her notes. "Sana is still really sorry... Momo says she hit her rut and that was why she got extremely aggressive and ran off." Dahyun explained. Mina nodded, still fearful of her.

Days after the incident had turned to weeks. Mina hid from the group, going straight to school, then the bakery, then home.

She was sitting in her nest flipping through her textbook with Ketchup sitting on her lap. Mina silently trying to study when her phone started vibrating. She ignored it, focusing her energy on studying. She tried to ignore it until she heard a thump against her window. She looked up and heard tiny pebbles hitting her window, then another thump. When she moved the curtain she was shocked to see Dahyun and her cousin Yeri with Chaeyoung.

"What are you doing here?!" Mina whisper-shouted at the three of them.

"We're here to break you out!" Yeri chuckled. "Come on!" She smiled. Mina shook her head, leaving her room when she heard the doorbell ring.

Her parents got to the door before she could, both of them talking with Yeri and Dahyun.

"No alphas?" Eve glared at Yeri.

"None whatsoever." Yeri smiled at her aunt giving her a hug before looking at Mina. "Come on!" She grabbed Mina's arm, pulling her away from the house. After they left the neighborhood Yeri pushed Mina against the wall and stared at her.

"I'm not letting you do what my idiot sister did. You're going to see Sana and you two are gonna make up." She growled.

"But mom and dad told me not to go near them..." Mina whimpered under the younger's gaze.

"Are you sure you're not an alpha?" Dahyun chuckled.

"Sigma." Yeri smiled. "But hush. My parents don't know." She chuckled.

"How do your parents not know..." Chaeyoung frowned.

"I passed all the tests on being omega just like my sister. It's just easier this way. Especially since I have an omega scent." She sighed. The three girls nodded, watching the younger let go of Mina. "Joohyun fucked up and refused to let herself fall for a dumb alpha. From what Chaeyoung tells me, Sana loves you." Yeri explained.

"How the hell do you know them?!" Mina finally asked.

"Dahyun and I went to school together until she got really smart and skipped grades." Yeri explained. "Chaeyoung lives across the street from me." She shrugged.

Mina let her younger cousin lead her to the university campus. The four of them walking through the alpha dorms, Chaeyoung leading the way and stopping in front of a tan door.

"Here." Chaeyoung pointed. Dahyun knocked quickly, hearing grumbling coming from the other side. The door cracked open, revealing a half asleep Momo.

"What do you want." She glared.

"I brought Dahyun." Chaeyoung grabbed her friend's arm and pulled her in front of her. Momo's glare softened, pulling the door open more and allowing the little group to walk into their dorm.

Sana perked up at the sound of her friends, and immediately felt nervous when she saw Mina. She looked away from her, knowing that she had probably scared her to no end.

"Talk." Yeri pushed Mina towards Sana, watching the two look anywhere but each other.

"Maybe we should give them privacy?" Dahyun asked Momo.

"I'm not leaving my bed." Momo growled from her bed. "Not again."

"We can go outside and talk." Sana mumbled. She left the dorm with Mina trailing behind her. Sana leading her up towards the roof. Mina shivered slightly when they got to the roof top, feeling the now chilling air. Signaling winter was approaching soon. "Follow me." Sana led her to a door, opening it for her. Mina walked in, seeing a small little hide away area.

"What is this place?" Mina asked.

"No idea. Momo and I found it when we were exploring our first year here. So we kinda claimed it." Sana shrugged, shutting the door behind them. It was warm, which made Mina happy. "I'm sorry for lashing out in front of you... Usually I'm able to hold my temper better..." Sana quickly said.

"It's okay..." Mina whispered. She looked at Sana's arm, a wound was still healing on it. She frowned, knowing that she could've helped her if she hadn't ran off. "Can I see it?" Mina asked, gesturing to her arm. Sana looked at her arm, letting her touch the still healing wound. She winced at the pain when Mina touched it, but didn't growl like her sister did.

The two stayed silent, not wanting to ruin the quiet moment. Until Mina had questions in her mind that she needed answers for.

"Momo said you imprinted on me..." Mina frowned. "Why?"

"Why did I imprint on you?" Sana asked her. Mina nodded. "I... I don't have a choice on who I imprint on..." Sana let out a nervous sigh. "It just happens." She explained. "She imprinted on Dahyun and hasn't told her yet. She's afraid."

"Oh." Mina mumbled. She watched as Sana sat on one of the chairs. She still felt awkward, being in the same room as the older alpha. "Wha-what kind of alpha are you again?" Mina stammered.

"High alpha." Sana frowned. "I'm guessing you're afraid of me after what happened between my sister and I." She sighed. Her eyes met Mina's, watching her little nod. "Well... You might want to sit if you have more questions... I'll answer them honestly." She whispered.