29 - New Family?

Mina walked into the small building, a restaurant of sorts. She looked around seeing only one other table occupied. The older woman caught her eye, seeing the man stand up abruptly and walk up to her. He reached out to her, his wrinkly hand touching her face softly.

"It is you..." he whispered.

"You're scaring her." The woman grabbed his arm, pulling him back. "Come sit with us.. This must be a lot to take in." She whispered. Mina nodded, following them to the table. There was another girl there, she looked up at Mina, a small smile on her face. She sat next to the girl, waiting for someone to say literally anything. "You must have a lot of questions." The woman stated.

"Yeah..." Mina mumbled shyly.

"So do we." The girl smiled. "Jihyo." She introduced herself, extending her hand.

"Mina.." She shook the girl's hand, nodding slowly. "Um... Not to be rude.. But.. I... I need to know... If I'm your daughter... How did I get lost?" She frowned.

"Our village was raided when you were born. You were the only one with the marks on your face." The woman answered while pointing to her moles. "That's how we told you apart from your sister." She smiled while looking over at Jihyo.

"Sister?" Mina frowned.

"Mhm." Jihyo nodded.

Mina shook her head, it was a lot of information to process. So she took out her paper, all of the questions she had wanted to ask. She asked and got answers. After an hour, Mina felt exhausted from everything.

"I know you're staying in a hotel, but we would love for you to meet the rest of the pack." Her real mother smiled. She looked at her real father, who nodded in agreement.

"Maybe... Maybe tomorrow.. Today.. Was a lot." She whispered, running her hand through her hair. "I just met my real parents, and found out I have a sister.." She muttered. She shook her head, trying to focus on everything. Jihyo nodded, knowing it must be hard for her. Her real parents waited for the cabs, Jihyo and Mina stayed inside, making small talk really.

"So... You come from the northern lands?" Jihyo asked her.

"Yeah... We don't have snow all year round." Mina laughed.

"Must be nice." She chuckled. "And you were raised by alphas? The alphas that run the place right?" She asked. Mina nodded again looking down at the floor. "Must be weird.. Having alphas tell you what to do." She chuckled.

"It's all I know." Mina frowned.

"Well.. Stick around a while. You'll see how us Omegas run this joint." She winked.

The next morning, Mina had met with Jihyo in the hotel lobby, both of them taking off to her village. It wasn't a long wait, only an hour.

"Okay! So it isn't much, but it's home." She smiled while walking in front of Mina. "We have the shop there." She pointed at a large-ish building. "Chapel is over there." She smiled while pointing at another large-ish building. "And housing is pretty much the smaller buildings everywhere else." She smiled.

"That's it?" Mina chuckled.

"Yeah..." Jihyo muttered, all of a sudden embarrassed of her home.

"It's... So simple... I love it." Mina smiled at her sister. "Sana's pack territory is nothing like this.. So complicated." She whispered while looking around.

"Who's Sana?" Jihyo asked, her head tilting at her own question.

"My mate." Mina smiled, her cheeks flushed red.

"You have a mate?!" She gasped. "And you don't have pups?" She asked.

"No... Should I have pups?" She asked. Jihyo shook her head, a small chuckle escaping her lips.

"Just a joke we have here." She smiled. "So your mate has your mark then?" She asked. Mina shook her head. "Then how are you two mates?" She asked. Mina reached up, moving her scarf to show her sister her own neck.

"It's still healing, but that's how." She showed her the mate marks on her neck. Jihyo winced, her own hand touching her own neck.

"God... That looks painful.." She frowned. Mina shrugged, fixing her scarf. "Here, Omegas mark the alphas with something similar.. But not on the neck and alphas mark the Omegas." She unzipped her jacket, showing the mate mark on the back of her neck. It was low, a small. Mina tilted her head, looking at the mark.

"Weird." Mina whispered. "But in a very interesting way." She smiled. "So you have a mate?" She smirked. Jihyo sheepishly nodded, letting out a nervous laugh. "And no pups?" She mocked her sister, causing her to laugh.

"No, no pups." She smirked. "Come on, I'll show you around more. Introduce you to our elder." She smiled.

Mina had never felt more at home. There were wild penguins that would wander through the village, giving Mina a full on heart attack. She took pictures of the penguins, planning on sending them to Sana later.

"You like those penguins Mina?" She looked up and saw her mother smiling at her. "They don't bite too hard, go ahead, pick it up." She nodded. Mina looked down at the little penguin, terrified of it now. "Oh come on. Show it some dominance!" She chuckled. Mina nodded, reaching down to lift the black and white bird up gently. It squawked at her, causing her to hiss back at it. It jumped at her noise as she picked it up.

"I did it!" She gasped. She smiled as she held the penguin, holding it close to her. "You are coming home with me now." Mina whispered before putting the little bird back down. "I wish.." She sighed while watching it waddle away from her.

"Mina! The lost girl!" She looked over and saw an elderly man walking towards her.

"Elder! You aren't supposed to be walking in the cold. I told you I would bring her!" Jihyo shouted from the porch of their little house.

"Ah! You young people." He grumbled. Mina watched him carefully, unsure on how to act around the elder of this pack. "You look much older than I remember." He chuckled when he got closer. "Ah, looks like you've grown up." He smiled at her, causing Mina to let out a small laugh in response. "From what I hear, you are one of us, and by the looks of it, you are." He spoke kindly to her, welcoming her to her new home.