18 - Spring Heat

As quick as winter has came, it had gone, being spring as it left. The girls had all reclaimed their spot under the tree in the busy campus square. Sana sat with her back against the trunk of the tree, Mina seated right in between her legs, relaxing with her. Momo sat with Dahyun, both of them talking about a new movie and wanting to go see it. Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were still in class while the little couples waited for them.

Mina had her back to Sana, her eyes closed as she rested against her person. Sana had her arms wrapped around her loosely, smiling at Mina's relaxed state. She buried her face in Mina's neck, causing the omega to let out a small laugh.

"Mmm." Sana sighed. "So calming." She whispered. Something stronger caught her nose, causing her to hold Mina tighter.

"What?" Mina mumbled.

"Nothing." Sana smiled against her neck. "Just smells like you're going to go into heat soon." She whispered in Mina's ear.

"How many days do you think?" Mina asked her.

"Four." Sana answered casually. Mina nodded making a mental note to get herself more suppressants. Sana held her tighter, causing Mina to laugh.

"You act like I'm going to run away right now." Mina smirked at her.

"I don't want you to go." Sana mumbled. "I know you have to because of the risk, but I'm gonna miss you." Mina let out a sigh, she knew the risks, but she also had horrible memories from everything related to that. Sana picked up on her nerves, releasing her own scent to calm her down. "You're okay." She whispered. "I'm just being an idiot alpha." She chuckled.

Mina turned to face Sana, nuzzling her face in the alpha's neck. As much as she enjoyed being around Sana, she just didn't think it was going to be possible for a very long time. Mina let out a small whimper, causing Sana to tense up.

"Hey.. Hey.." Sana whispered, moving her hand to move the few stray hairs from Mina's face. "I'm not going to hurt you." She spoke in a soft voice. "Do you trust me?" She asked quietly. Mina looked up at her, tears brimming her eyes. She gave a small nod, clutching onto Sana's hoodie. "Good." She whispered. "I will never hurt you." She kissed Mina's nose, getting a small smile from her.

"My person." Mina mumbled while nuzzling Sana's neck. Sana smiled, squeezing Mina tighter.

The two stayed close for the next few days. Sana walking with Mina back to her house, trailing behind her sisters.

"They're disgustingly adorable." Jeongyeon scoffed.

"But you have to admit..." Nayeon smiled while looking back. "Mina's happy, which means we have to be happy for her." She nudged her little sister, who rolled her eyes in return. "What? Jealous she found someone before you?" She chuckled.

"No." Jeongyeon grumbled. "Just disgusting is all." She snorted.

Mina stayed close by Sana, their fingers intertwined as they walked. Sana could smell Mina's heat coming on, so she masked it with her own scent. That way no one could approach her. Just until she got home.

"So I'll see you next week?" Mina frowned.

"Yeah..." Sana sighed. "I guess." She opened her bag, pulling out a nicely folded blanket. "I do want this back by the way. I scented it for you." She handed the blanket over to Mina, who blushed slightly with the gift.

"I can't guarantee it won't smell like me after this week." Mina smiled.

"That's what I hope for." Sana winked. Mina shook her head, lightly pushing the alpha away from her. Nayeon and Jeongyeon were nervous at the sudden reaction, they held their breath just in case Sana reacted horribly. To their surprise, she didn't, and just laughed with Mina.

That night Mina hid in her room, door locked as she laid in her nest. Sana's blanket was on her desk, far from her right now. She didn't need it on day one, she was fine with the hoodie. She had taken a suppressant at dinner, and now she was just waiting for it to kick in. She was burning up, and had the usual pains, but she couldn't do anything about it. She just couldn't.

"This. Sucks." Mina groaned. She rolled over on her side, pulling her penguin close to her. She tried to ignore every feeling, every urge she had, but it was near impossible. It didn't help that her thoughts were now overrun with new ones. Her heats before were bearable, she didn't think of anyone in a romantic way, didn't care for people all that much. But now that she had Sana.. She wanted her there with her. Even though she knew she wasn't ready, the entire process of still going into heat terrified her to no end.

She thought back on that night, the alpha pinning her against the wall and having his way with her. She clutched onto her penguin tighter, silent tears falling, she couldn't stop the memory. She hated it. Because of him being in a rut, he changed her heat cycle, forcing her to have a third heat cycle that year. She used to have them over breaks, summer and winter, but now she was forced into having a heat at the beginning of fall and beginning of spring.

She let out a tiny sob into her penguin, trying to erase the memories from her mind, but everything still felt fresh in her mind. She hated her own scent during her heat. It was the only thing she smelled next to his foul rut smell. She curled up into a tight ball, trying to control her breathing, but it was impossible. She couldn't stop crying, making everything worse.

When she woke up the next morning, she had a massive headache and she felt disgusting from staying up late and crying herself to sleep. She checked her clock, seeing it was already nine in the morning. Her sisters were long gone for school, her dad at work and her mom was probably out running errands. She took advantage of the empty house and ran to the bathroom. Taking a well deserved, long shower.