44 - The End of It All

A/N: getting closer and closer to the ending.... the tears man :,(

Sana sat across from the leader, staring at him from her seat. His legs were chained to the ground, his wrists chained to the table in front of him. For extra precaution, his body was bound at the waist to the chair as well.

"Why did you kill our elder all those years ago?" Sana asked him.

"Your elder was a fool." He growled. Sana scoffed at the gruff man sitting in front of her.

"He was not a fool." She frowned. "He was an excellent leader." She stated.

"And what are you? You let your pack fall into war." He chuckled. "A terrible leader on your part." He smirked. Sana rolled her eyes, this wasn't her fault according to Momo and Mina.

"You were the ones who denied our treaties. Our packs have both lost valuable members to them. Call off this war, we can have a clean slate." Sana stated calmly. "If you don't call off this war, we will retaliate." She growled. "And mind you... You're in our territory here." She snarled. The leader saw her state, almost feral in front of him. Yet she was still composed.

"Why would I give into your demands." He growled. Sana glanced up, nodding her head. Momo stepped up, holding a gun to the back of his head. Immediately, his eyes widened, feeling the metal against his scalp. "Wait..." He muttered.

"You have thirty seconds before I give the approval." Sana glared.

"You can't force me into this." He snarled.

"Seems I have the upper hand here." She smirked. She saw him begin to sweat in his seat.

"I have pups to take care of!" He panicked.

"We all do." Momo scoffed. "Precious pups that we can't see because of idiots like you." She growled, pressing the gun into his scalp.

"I haven't seen my pups since the beginning of this war please.." He pleaded. "Please don't kill me." He whispered. Sana watched him closely, if she were in his situation, she would have never started the war, never caused anything if he worried for his pups...

"I haven't seen mine either." Momo was beginning to lose patience, her eyes flicked between her leader and the enemy. Sana watched him as he began to shake in his seat.

"Please... If you were a good leader, you wouldn't do this.." He pleaded. Finally, his eyes met hers, she saw the deception.

"You don't have any pups." Sana growled. She saw his forced terrified emotion change to an angry one. She stood from her seat, giving the approving nod to Momo. Once she left the interrogation room, she heard the single gun shot. As she walked down the hall, she heard more, coming from various interrogation rooms. She opened the door to the last one, a shaking man sitting in his seat, another leader with a gun to his head.

"Please..." He sobbed. "I can't. I can't leave my pups without a parent." He cried.

"Leader.." The man muttered. Sana walked over, lifting the man's chin to look up at her. The man showed no signs of deception.

"You. Who are you to the northern leader." She asked.

"I'm... I'm a delta... I don't know anything except what I'm told." He admitted. "Please don't kill me.. My mate was killed in this stupid war... Our pups had to flee to another family.. Please don't kill me..." He whimpered. His eyes showing fear. Sana knew the man wasn't lying.

"Let him go. On the condition your kind retreats." She growled.

"Yes, yes. Anything." He cowered. Sana nodded, allowing her fellow leader to release him. "Thank you." He fell to his knees, bowing to the high alpha. "I will tell them all to retreat." He quickly stated, running out of the building.

A year and a half of fighting, bloodshed, and negotiations. All of it ended. Sana took in a deep breath, releasing it slowly as she stared at her shambled village.

"It's finally over." Momo sighed.

"Now we clean up.." Sana whispered.

What was left of the high alpha population was slim. Sana still had kept their borders closed, only allowing the approved staff from the Tokyo packs to help clean up. It took weeks to clear debris from the streets, even testing the fields for bombs. Just in case. After two months, their villages were still in shambles, but enough to rebuild from. Their borders were lifted, allowing the escaped high alphas to return home and help rebuild.

Mina thanked her parents for the extended stay, packing her children's things and hurrying home. Shizuha was upset to leave her best friend, so Mina had set up a little play date for them at the park. Mina smiled at Soyeon's parents as the two played in the sandbox.

"Your daughter seems to like mine." Mina chuckled.

"She doesn't stop talking about her for a second." The mother smiled. "It's always Shi-tan this, Shi-tan that." She chuckled. Her mate agreed with her, talking about their child with Mina.

"You know... Shizuha will need a friend after she moves back home.. Maybe they can keep in touch... Like pen pals?" She asked the parents.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea! I assume you would come visit right?" The father asked. Mina nodded, the parents discussing details for their children.

Shizuha and Soyeon played together, ignoring their parents completely.

"My mommy says that everything is gonna be okay for you when you get home." Soyeon sighed.

"I hope so. Momma says I get to train when I get home." Shizuha sighed. "I don't want to. I want to keep playing in sand." She smiled while continuing to dig a hole. Soyeon giggled, watching her move the sand away from her.

"Hey! That's our sandbox!" Another kid shouted at the two, he ran over, pushing Soyeon down, forcing her to fall face first into Shizuha's sand box hole. Shizuha growled, tackling the boy to the ground, she was about to claw at his face when Mina peeled her off of him. The boy ran off, crying to his parents.

"What did I say about violence?!" Mina groaned. She set Shizuha back down, walking back to the other parents who were laughing hysterically.

"Are you okay?" Shizuha asked her friend. Soyeon nodded slowly, still trying to get the sand off of her shirt. Shizuha picked the sand from her hair, helping her clean herself. Mina smiled at the interaction, she couldn't help but think that maybe Shizuha was beginning to imprint on Soyeon.