Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"What are you doing tonight, Jules?" My best friend Dylan asked me where he was standing at the coffee machine, smirking my way.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not hanging out with you at least, that's for sure."

He huffed dramatically, placing a hand over his chest. "Hey, I'm offended."

"You should be," I laughed, sending him an air kiss.

He snorted before turning around and continuing to make his coffee. I, on the other hand, turned to the customer who was waiting to order. He was around my age, probably a little older judging by his growing beard. However, his blonde, curly locks made him look young somehow. To sum it up, it was hard to put a finger on his age judging by his appearance.

"Love is in the air, huh?" He joked, nodding to Dylan who was now busy refilling the coffee machine with milk.

I let out a loud laugh, shaking my head. "Oh no, not at all. I bet he wishes, though."

Dylan snapped his head towards us by my sudden outburst. "What?"

"I have always known you're secretly in love with me," I winked, making him laugh.

"Who wouldn't be?"

"I know right?"

I turned back to the guy who seemed slightly amused by our banter. "Best friends?" He suggested, the amusement never leaving his face.

"Correct," I smiled. "So, what can I do for you?"

His eyebrows knitted together in a frown as he thought of what he wanted to order. "I'll have a blueberry muffin and a black coffee to go, please."

"No sugar?"

"No sugar," he confirmed, sending me a smile.

"Alright."

I made his coffee and placed a blueberry muffin in a bag, making sure to pick out the one that looked most delicious because, for some reason, I liked this guy. He seemed nice.

"That'll be 6 dollars."

He handed me the money and turned to exit the bakery. Before he was out, though, he stopped at the door to turn around again. "By the way, my name is Aden."

I gave him another smile. "Nice to meet you, Aden," I said, and that was the only thing that left my mouth before he was gone.

"Hey, why didn't you give him your name in return, woman?" Dylan accused, walking over to me to give my shoulder a swat. "He was hot."

I furrowed my eyebrows together. "I don't know. Maybe it didn't feel right."

He snorted. "If you're that picky, you're never going to find a guy, Jules."

Looking down at my fiddling hands, I pursed my lips. "I'm not that picky, though."

I could see how his eyebrows shot up. "Eh, yes you are. Name the last person you had feelings for."

I shot him a glare. "Shut up. I just haven't find the right guy yet. Stop pressuring me," I grumbled.

"I'm just joking, Jules. But seriously, you should give guys a try. They are awesome," he said dreamily.

"I'm not surprised those words came from you, Mr. I'm-in-love-with-every-guy-that-walks-this-earth."

He whined. "Hey, that's not true! I don't like every guy. You have to admit that Timothée Chalamet is pretty damn hot though. Haven't you ever imagined running your hands through his silky, brown curls or kissing that sharp jawline of his? And have you seen his--"