Chapter 39

Chapter 39

"Do you think they heard us?" I asked Timmy in a whisper

We were both lying naked under the covers, our limbs tangled together while we were facing each other. Timmy's hair was a mess, and I could tell mine was too, but I couldn't care less. All I cared about was the fact that this man was lying beside me at the moment, looking at me with a beautiful smile on his lips.

"I sure hope not," he laughed.

His hand was tracing my bicep, but I decided to grab it in both of mine to start writing patterns on his palm. I could feel his eyes on me, but I was too focused on our hands to meet them.

"I honestly thought I had lost you forever," he breathed.

His words made a frown form on my face, and I finally turned my head to look at him. "Really?"

He nodded, his face showing nothing but seriousness. "When I saw you and Aden at the restaurant, I thought it was going to be impossible to make you fall for me again. I thought I had lost you to him forever."

I let go of his hand to reach for his face, caressing his cheek softly, my thumb tracing his bottom lip. "You never lost me, Timmy. You are and have always been in my heart, even if I didn't want you to," I admitted, flashing him a small smile.

He tilted his head to the side. "Even if you didn't want me to?"

Inhaling a deep breath, I nodded my head. "Yeah. The main reason I didn't want to let you back in my life was that I was afraid of getting my heart broken again," I explained, looking down at the mattress. "I was afraid that my feelings would blossom, and you would leave me again."

My hand had dropped from his face by now. He, on the other hand, reached out to tilt my face up with his index finger so our eyes could meet. There was so much regret in his that I could feel my heart shatter at the sight.

"You have no idea how sorry I am for hurting you all those months ago. I can't believe how stupid I was. I actually thought the feelings I had developed for you would disappear if I just stayed away and focused entirely on Lily." He paused to shake his head in disbelief. "It's the biggest mistake I have ever made."

I placed my hand on his forearm. "What made you want your feelings to disappear?" I wondered curiously.

He looked me in the eyes as he shook his head. "I was scared. The feelings I had for you were new and foreign. I was afraid they would ruin things that were already so great, but I was so stupid. Instead of making things better by pushing you away, I only made things worse. The feelings I had for you didn't fade. Instead, they only grew stronger because I missed you so much it hurt. Lily noticed that I was being off, and we started arguing. Things didn't work out, and we both decided that it was better to break things off."