Chapter 41

Chapter 41

When Aden dropped me off at my house, it felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders

When Aden dropped me off at my house, it felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. Things had gone better than I could have ever hoped for. I never expected Aden to know everything between me and Timmy already. I always thought he believed that we were only two great friends, almost like brother and sister considering we had lived under the same roof and all.

Man, how wrong I was.

When I entered the house, I could hear that the fan was on in the kitchen, which could only mean one thing: mom was cooking dinner. The amazing scent gave it all away too.

The second I entered the kitchen, I was met with a sight that made my heart twist in my chest. Mom was standing at the stove while dad was behind her, his arms wrapped around her waist while she stirred in the saucepan. The sight made me think of Timmy, and I instantly started longing for him. It had only been a few hours since I last saw him, but I missed him anyway.

"Julie!" Dad burst out when he caught sight of me. "There you are, sweetheart. We haven't seen you since you left the table at Nicole's yesterday," he said, wiggling his eyebrows at me while letting go of mom.

I could feel how my cheeks turned red by his words. "I... No, I slept over," I explained, scratching the back of my neck.

He raised his eyebrows at me, and behind him, I could see mom turning to me with a curious expression on her face. "So, nothing happened?" Dad asked. He was acting like a fifteen-year-old who had just figured out her best friend had done something with a guy.

Mom stepped forward and placed a hand on dad's shoulder. "David, don't pressure her like that. Remember, she's together with Aden," she implied, making dad roll his eyes.

I bit my bottom lip. "Actually, I'm not. We kind of broke up a few minutes ago," I admitted.

Dad's eyes widened while mom let out a gasp. "What? Why?" She wondered.

Sitting down on a chair at the kitchen table, I ran a hand through my hair. "I'm in love with Timmy," I breathed, looking down at my lap.

"But honey, I thought--" Mom started, but I cut her off by holding up a finger.

Looking up at them, I let a smile form on my face. "And yesterday, he told me that he felt the same way. He left Lily because of me. He said that it wasn't working out because of the feelings he had developed for me."

A smug smile broke out on dad's face while mom looked nothing but shocked. "Look at that! Didn't I tell you, Trisha? I knew the two of you would end up together one day, I just knew it," he said in excitement, his entire face beaming with happiness.

My features masked his as I turned my gaze to my mom who now also had a smile on her face. "Well, I can't say that I'm not happy for you, my love. I know how long you've been waiting for this. I just hope Aden didn't take it too badly."