Chpater 15

Chapter 15

I wanted to be mad at Timmy for treating those girls so nicely, but I couldn't

I wanted to be mad at Timmy for treating those girls so nicely, but I couldn't. Just because I didn't like them didn't ultimately mean that Timmy didn't either, even if they had treated me badly.

"Are you mad at me?" He wondered when I had been quiet for too long.

I looked up at him. "No, but I can't lie to you and say that I don't want to be, but I realize I can't decide how you want to treat people."

He let out a sigh, shaking his head. "It's not that I wanted to treat them the way I did. I saw how hurt you were, but I didn't know what really happened. I've learned that you can't treat people badly until you actually know what they have done to deserve it."

Why did he have to be so mature? If I were him, I would've reacted way more on impulse than he did, so I really admired him for that. "I'm going to try remembering that," I chuckled softly.

We then went out to the bakery where Dylan was now standing behind the cash register and Ansel on the other side of the counter. They seemed to be in a deep conversation when we entered.

"Ansel, we should probably get going," Timmy said, walking over to stand beside his best friend.

"Dyl, he's not gay, so don't get your hopes up," I chuckled when I noticed that neither of them reacted to Timmy's words.

That made the blonde guy glare at me. "Hey, I know that. It's not illegal to admire, though, now is it?"

I rolled my eyes as I looked at Ansel. "Be careful," I told him, making him chuckle.

He shook his head in amusement. "I was actually inviting Dylan to my party on Saturday. You should come too, Julie."

My eyes widened at his words. Party? At Ansel Elgort's place? How could anyone turn down an offer like that? I looked at Dylan who was smiling brightly. "What do you say, Dyl?"

"I've already said yes, and I was expecting you to do so as well," he shrugged.

I flashed Ansel a smile. "Then I guess I'll be there too."

"Awesome," he said, clapping his hands together. "Timmy is coming with Lily, so maybe you can ride with them?" He looked at Timmy who nodded his head.

Was that the sound of my heart breaking into pieces? I was quite positive it was. Why did I always have to put myself in situations I didn't want to be in? This was going to be a living hell, seeing Timmy with Lily being all loved up with each other.

"Yeah, why not? I'm sure Lily won't mind."

I was sure she wouldn't either, that's how sweet and nice she was. God, I hated this.

"Then it's settled. I guess I'll see you around on Saturday then," Ansel said.

With that, he started walking out of the bakery. Timmy followed behind him, but not before saying; "See you at home, Jules." and; "Bye, Dylan. It was nice to meet you."